• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

× China Science China Says it Cloned a Police Dog "To Speed Up Training"

llien

Kunxun, a female of the Kunming wolfdog breed, was born on Dec. 19 last year in Beijing and arrived on March 5 for training at the Kunming Police Dog Base of the Ministry of Public Security. She was cloned from a 7-year-old female dog, known as Huahuangma, that has been in service in the city of Pu'er, Yunnan, by Sinogene, a Beijing-based biotechnology firm. The cloning is part of the ministry's research program.

Huahuangma played important roles in helping detectives with dozens of murder investigations, and was accredited the first-level merit in 2016, said Wan Jiusheng, an officer who is responsible for training Kunxun. Huahuangma's outstanding abilities as a police dog made her an eligible donor of genes, Wan said. "It takes four to five years to train a meritorious dog such as Huahuangma, and costs hundreds of thousands of yuan," he said. Police dogs serving in real tasks are not usually used for breeding. The cloning program helps researchers copy their excellent genes and reduces the time and costs needed for training, researchers familiar with the program said.

slashdot

Clearly, it's mostly about dog's exceptionally good genes, much less about "speed up training".
I think this is the first time cloning of animals is used for non-research reasons.

PS
There are more Chinas than planned in the title, but oh well:

Last edited:

God Enel

All this cloning and shit (gene editing with crispr) will go crazy because states like china won't give a fuck and the rest of the world will follow.

Does anyone know any good crispr companies to invest my money in?

first of all why the fuck are you taking these mother fuckers words without seeing proof

thats the thing with all you china nut huggers. they say they made a gay dolphin and you believe that shit instantly

I don't think memories are cloned, China....

Yeah but if you clone ten dogs and give them all the same training as the original im pretty sure you will end up with mostly similar skilled puppers right?

Better test this on ten Mike Tyson's and ten Mohammed Ali clones and statistically prove which would be the champ.

Spoiler alert
Its Mike

DadEggs

Cloning is what selective breeding was hundreds of years ago. Now instead of breeding out the bad genes and keeping the good genes all they gotta do is science the same genes over and over. Essentially taking the dice roll of a litter and substituting weighted die in.

Still not a fan of china

Last edited:
It was some time last year when I read about rich people sending DNA from pets who passed away over to China to be cloned. I didn't know that was a thing until then.

JimiNutz

Banned
first of all why the fuck are you taking these mother fuckers words without seeing proof

thats the thing with all you china nut huggers. they say they made a gay dolphin and you believe that shit instantly

This cracked me up :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Cloning dogs does sound pretty tame and believable though. I mean people get their pets cloned. I'm thinking about cloning my monkey Miles.

Pagusas

Elden Member
Ahahah true :D you can clone Einstein but the new One Is not Einstein,only the DNA Is the same,not the experiences in Life :)

But the potential the new Einstein has at birth is the same as the old Einstein, which can’t be said for other babies. That’s the point of this, you are trying to guarantee the subject has the same potential as the original, not trying to exactly recreate the original (as environmental differences, no matter how small, will play an effect)

Last edited:

Whitesnake

Banned

fw62Huw.gif

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Dogs have always been bred for competitions, duties etc. not trying to overreact here but I’d like my K9 to possess all the best genes and cloning sounds like awesome syfi shit

Top Bottom