• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

“Once Upon A Time In Hollywood” - Trailer #1, new Tarantino

First we got a poster, now we get the trailer.

This movie has the dude from that movie about the chicks who drive a car off a cliff and the other dude from the movie about a boat. I think it is directed by that guy who made the movie about a group of talking multicolored canines.

giphy.gif

Lock me up next to The Gimp if old

EDIT

Official Trailer

Last edited:
Looks hokey as hell, especially the Bruce Lee stuff. Course in this case that's most likely a good thing and it already appears fairly entertaining. :messenger_winking:

Also "Bruce Lee" was Ryu in that Street Fighter Assassin's Fist webseries from a few years back.

Last edited:

megamerican

This was not exactly the tone I was expecting, but it looks fantastic.

Yeah that Bruce Lee was almost too real, I wonder if there is some trickery there.

Horatius

um is tarantino literally having a white male beat bruce lee in kung fu? that is cultural appropriation and it is NOT ok

John Day

um is tarantino literally having a white male beat bruce lee in kung fu? that is cultural appropriation and it is NOT ok

It’s in a movie scene... in an upcoming movie. Haven’t even seen the whole scene to know the outcome.

Jesus Christ.

If joking, nevermind...

Last edited:

JimiNutz

Banned
It’s in a movie scene... in an upcoming movie. Haven’t even seen the whole scene to know the outcome.

Jesus Christ.

If joking, nevermind...

It doesn't even matter if they're joking or not because some people actually really think this way.

Kadayi

Banned
Meh. Much love for Dogs, Fiction & Jackie Brown, but ever since then I've largely felt that everyone involved in a Tarantino flick are simply acting like they're in a Tarantino flick, versus acting. Same deal with Scorsese tbh (The Wolf of Wall Street was a prime case of everyone channelling Scorsese's back catalogue in terms of affected mannerisms). I'm about as excited for this as I am for the next time Soderbergh gets bored and decides to make another Oceans film (no doubt on his iPhone this time) with George, Brad & Matt.

Yeah I wanna see how he handles the Manson stuff. I'm learning more and more that Hollywood at around that time had something of a guild of cool people including Bruce Lee, Sharon Tate and so on rather than independent stars like we have today. And that kung fu was legitimately taken seriously. There's something so fun about that. You can get the sense of what people would strive for then and what was cool. I think this is the story that's long forgotten and QT wants to tell it.

Winter John

I'll take this as it's own movie, or perhaps live in-person one on one actor/fan experience. It could be a new direction for cinema.. actors and actresses to.. explore.. the ..um.. that really make the characters more complex.. it could be really educational

I know. I've sent many many emails to Scarlett Johanson asking her to send nudes. So far there's been no response. Selfish.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Plenty of reviews already in after the Cannes screening where it got a standing ovation, 93% on Tomatoes after 28 of them.

It's entirely outrageous, disorientating, irresponsible, and also brilliant.
"Once Upon a Time" is an unapologetic fantasy of the kind Tarantino has relished in his recent spate of projects, and this one seems to exist in dialogue with its forebears.
[A] richly evocative, conceptually jaw-dropping, excessively foot-fetishizing, inescapably terrifying and unexpectedly poignant movie.

Some of the best reviews he's had in years. Completely regardless, I cannot wait.

Do we think he's going to stick to what he's been saying for years, do 10 movies then dip? This is #9.

Last edited:
Plenty of reviews already in after the Cannes screening where it got a standing ovation, 93% on Tomatoes after 28 of them.

Some of the best reviews he's had in years. Completely regardless, I cannot wait.

Do we think he's going to stick to what he's been saying for years, do 10 movies then dip? This is #9.

I never understood why he's talked about stopping at 10.

But I hope before he retires he makes a third Kill Bill film like he's talked about and whatever happened to The Whole Bloody Affair?

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
I never understood why he's talked about stopping at 10.

But I hope before he retires he makes a third Kill Bill film like he's talked about and whatever happened to The Whole Bloody Affair?

I think the idea is to make a nice round number and then get out before they see any decline in quality. Some would argue that decline's been going on a while (I wouldn't) but OUATIH seems to have stopped that.

Even if he stops after 10, there's no way he doesn't end up producing a ton of shit.

Top Bottom