• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[4ch] Supposed Dualshock 5 leaked image

onQ123

manettes4k9l.png

https://boards.4channel.org/v//thread/455915164/ps5-controller-leak

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
Source: 4chan and terrible quality picture.

Leakers always have potato cameras instead of smartphones any newer than ten years, it appears.

Yeeeeah. No.

Last edited:

Ovek

7Member7
500pxShopped.jpg

Nah it looks rendered.

Edit: If the controllers have the same functionality I bet the PS5 dev kits are using the PS4 dual shock controllers to prevent what this image is pretending to be.

Last edited:

Dabaus

Banned
Havent all PS5 rumors hinted at the controller having a little screen on it? Does that look like a screen or a touch pad again? Im going with team fake here.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
i'm gonna be pissed if they keep the light bar/touchpad and symmetrical analog sticks.

i love my playstation but sony really need to stop messing about and make a proper controller. look at the xb1 + switch pro controller...they are so comfortable to use and have insane battery.

6199582_R_Z001A

11396097-7804615740625038.jpg

mortal

Seems plausible. The devkit DS4 was also initially chunkier than the retail version when it leaked.

I really hope Sony considers making an Xbox elite controller equivalent for the PS5.

Last edited:

Holammer

Fake.
I don't think the analogue sticks would be very comfortable lowered into the pad like that (barely above the regular buttons and d-pad) and the unnecessary hard edges would collect dust and grime.

Last edited by a moderator:

UnusualSether

Neo Member
Looks bulky and uncomfortable, also what is going on with the options and share buttons? They´re laying down for some strange reason, and the circle button is orange and the colors on the other buttons look a little wierd?

Just looks like a bad Third Party Controller.

Last edited:

DadEggs

I mean it might just be a temp dev kit controller.
could be two years old.
could be 3d printed.

essentially none of this means much for ps5.

Lupin3

Targeting terrorists with a D-Pad
If Batman and a flying squirrel had a baby. Looks like a protoype. An ugly one.

And as already stated... potato camera!

onQ123

Source: 4chan and terrible quality picture.

Leakers always have potato cameras instead of smartphones any newer than ten years, it appears.

Yeeeeah. No.

You have to think about the fact that it's a leak & most likely no one is allowed to have a smartphone with them while handling the devices so they probably used a hidden camera

D

Deleted member 738976

Unconfirmed Member
Another shitty d-pad? I believe it.

DadEggs

You have to think about the fact that it's a leak & most likely no one is allowed to have a smartphone with them while handling the devices so they probably used a hidden camera

Good point.

This is probably how all those UFO videos are captured too

Last edited:

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year

Oh come on. It's 4chan, not James Bond.

Last edited:

DadEggs

the best part is the useless recessed area on the bottom - award winning product design right there folks.

but the focus group's fingertips loved wrapping around and resting on that angled surface!

Last edited:
Sorry Gaf, my uncle who totally works for Sony so just believe it don't question it, took the pic from his desk at sony where my uncle totally works.

He isn't very tech savvy and only owns a polaroid camera. I've been telling him to not shake it but old people don't listen.

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
Leaked on 4chan, looks fake, Gaf doesn't believe

All the conditions are met.....it MUST be real *remembers the ps3 slim*

Hissing Sid

Yep, that’s a controller. If it’s real it looks uncomfortable for peeps with smallish hands like moi. Hard to say without handling it.

I’m sure Mickey Mouse will be just fine though.

Top Bottom