• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Special Message From Harada - TEKKEN 8

SSfox

Make Law design similar to his T4 and bring back the Capoeira queen Christie

And no F****ING GUESTS please FFS, and want a Tekken game, not some Crossover BS game for clowns

f8e07baea3882c48bcd0fdcc23d010fe.jpg

vLAeEA2.jpg

DForce

No more "2D" charcters, please.

I know they're not going to change it, but these DLC buster characters are annoying, too.

spinfive

I hope the best for Tekken 8. Harada really stepped it up with Tekken 7 and it was a beast, absolutely the best fighter that gen to me.

Soltype

I'd love if the games style went back to Tekken 4 but sadly Tournament players hate Tekken 4, we'll probably get something super safe like Tekken 7 again.
Same here, 4 should have been the base the series built off of.Loved how the game funneled you to be in close quarters most of the time.The series needs a shakeup, we essentially playing Tekken 3+4 at this point.

Last edited:

Klosshufvud

only msg i want to hear is that Tekken 8 won't have Rage Arts. so i can play this series and feel like im playing Tekken again
The reason I dropped T7. Tekken has no room for those lame one hit come back Ultras. I felt it was really weak vision to submit to newcomers who want the one button nuke attack. I feel Tekken in general needs to dial back on the outlandish anime attacks and designs.

Jigsaah

Wait...no shot the game comes out tomorrow. This has got to be an in depth reveal or something right?

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
only msg i want to hear is that Tekken 8 won't have Rage Arts. so i can play this series and feel like im playing Tekken again

Bait it out and theyre all launch punishable. There’s a reason you never see top level players just throwing them out unless it’s to finish a combo.

Akuma needs to go tho

The reason I dropped T7. Tekken has no room for those lame one hit come back Ultras. I felt it was really weak vision to submit to newcomers who want the one button nuke attack. I feel Tekken in general needs to dial back on the outlandish anime attacks and designs.
me and my buds who play tekken couldn't tolerate 7. We fell off of it after a month. We just kinda all looked around at each other like, "this sucks right?"

Arachnid

Make Law design similar to his T4 and bring back the Capoeira queen Christie

And no F****ING GUESTS please FFS, and want a Tekken game, not some Crossover BS game for clowns
Yes to every piece of this. Especially bring back Christie. She was my main. :(

Also, preferably bring back Slim Bob.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
I'd love if the games style went back to Tekken 4 but sadly Tournament players hate Tekken 4, we'll probably get something super safe like Tekken 7 again.

Tekken 4 had the best costumes, looks, stories and some endings of the characters.

They are reminiscent of 90s action movies like Jean Claude Van Damme, due to the dramatic and revengeful interaction of the characters in a real way.

And it was a good reboot of the series.

Now the current tekken are an antics that have no logic.

Top Bottom