• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT8| ConFuchsia say beta is better

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Crazy to think Samsung released the phone of the year in April. I'm kinda mad I waited until this month to get it, but I did save $150.

Kiraly

I saw zomgbbqwtf post in the other thread, good to see he is back, I remember always fawning over his Xperia leaks and thinking surely this will be the return to glory for Sony with each phone lol.

Hope I get an invite soon.

kaiyo

I saw zomgbbqwtf post in the other thread, good to see he is back, I remember always fawning over his Xperia leaks and thinking surely this will be the return to glory for Sony with each phone lol.

Hope I get an invite soon.

Well the fastest phone out now are the Xperia.

Big Blue

Question are there any non US phone markers that work on Verizon. Wife wants something smaller but looks like everything outside US is GSM only. Was hoping at least one of the outside makers supports US CDMA bands but i'm pretty sure they do not.

CDMA is pretty much only confined to Verizon, Sprint and their MVNOs

My S6 edge wouldn't turn the screen on until I literally kicked it. After that, it sort out all my navigation at once since it lost GPS signal. Then I got a call, picked it up, and the phone beeped halfway through and restarted.

I now own a Note8.

Fledz

Wifi turning itself back on automatically as I enter my house is my favourite feature so far. It's the little things.

Nikodemos

Well the fastest phone out now are the Xperia.
Which is unsurprising when you're driving a 720p display. You get to use all that graphics grunt to actually crunch numbers, instead of displaying coloured dots on a screen.

It's called the Apple Trick.

kaiyo

Which is unsurprising when you're driving a 720p display. You get to use all that graphics grunt to actually crunch numbers, instead of displaying coloured dots on a screen.

It's called the Apple Trick.

Xperia XZ Premium/XZ1 and XZ1 Compact are pretty equal in speed

Soo, I don't know what's going on with my Pixel, but randomly it started opening Google Music at random and would keep cycling through tracks. Then it would open up Google Now Search over and over. Even after restarts and shutdowns it does it. I only stopped it by disabling Google Music. I tried using Spotify, but it also possibly has the same issue of opening when it wants to. Wtf. I didn't drop it or anything

longdi

Banned
http://www.hardwarezone.com.sg/tech...Hz+display+and+8GB+of+RAM&utm_medium=referral

razer-phone-3.jpg

Razer 120hz 8gb phone for usd699. Looks quite nice like an Xperia.

Too bad it is using only sd835 and not apple's A-soc

Nicktendo86

Just got my Pixel 2 XL. Honestly, the blue shift doesn't bother me that much. I'm used to the colors coming from the Pixel XL on sRGB.

The grainy look to it is what would bother me most, my Galaxy Nexus and Moto X 2014 both had that and it bugged the hell out of me.

I just got a Pixel XL (first gen) a few weeks ago as the price has dropped and love the display, first AMOLED screen I have actually been happy with. Anyone else have weird battery life though on Oreo? I can't tell if it is the OS, hardware or the poor signal at my house but it goes from having amazing standby to really, really shit seemingly random.

Rox598

I fucking hate Three....bunch of useless twats who don't have a decent helpline at all

i've had better customer service from Oneplus :/ been trying to buy the Razer phone all day but keep getting an error at checkout....both mine and my partnets cards got blocked and fraud checked (unblocked now) all because their site is a load of shit.

Xisiqomelir

So what arcane setting do I invoke so that clicking a phone number in Firefox opens the Dialer app instead of @$@$%(&## Google Hangouts?

Manus

Man just got a Note 8 and coming from a S7 Edge I didn't think it'd be a huge leap but man was I wrong. This is a thing of beauty.

Anyone recommend any good glass screen protectors they like to use with this curve screen?

longdi

Banned
Man just got a Note 8 and coming from a S7 Edge I didn't think it'd be a huge leap but man was I wrong. This is a thing of beauty.

Anyone recommend any good glass screen protectors they like to use with this curve screen?

I have stopped using screen protector for my S7E since beginning of this year. Started a thread about it, guess what? It is holding up well! I get to enjoy the full beauty of glass on screen, no more air bubbles, color shift and running my finger across another layer of glass edge. /touch-wood

Long given up on screen protectors that works well on curved 2.5D screen. Plastic ones will leave the screen smeared, while glass ones dont really stay for long or fully cover it.

Nikodemos

Sony's update for the Z5 does decrease battery consumption enough to be noticeable.

Yesterday I still had 78% on my Compact after a day's worth of browsing, updating apps and general mucking about with the phone both on WiFi and data, whereas I would usually have about 64%.

Also, I'm not sure if it's real or just some placebo, but it feels less hot after using it. Previously, it would get toasty just from quickly switching between pages on Dolphin.

I'm suitably impressed. Though it would appear Oreo will not be sent to the Z5 series. I can't really blame them. Pretty much everybody wants to put as much distance between themselves and the SD810/808 disaster.

Nikodemos

Finally received the Nougat update for my Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 Plus.
Was a hefty 1.2 GB and updated the tablet to 7.1.1.
Looks nicer but can't feel much difference right now. Will probably have to use it more until I can tell whether it's better or worse than Marshmallow, performance-wise.

Rox598

Seems like all the old guys are gone and aren't coming back, such a shame :(

Had loads of issues with that Razer phone but sold it off and now waiting for an Essential Phone incoming.

Rox598

What kind of issues?

NFC wouldn't work, Speaker grill at the bottom lifting off from the frame, Charger was making very loud buzzing noises, FP scanner stopped working (Managed to get it working again after about 5 resets and rubbing it like mad with an alcohol wipe).

Last edited:

kaiyo

NFC wouldn't work, Speaker grill at the bottom lifting off from the frame, Charger was making very loud buzzing noises, FP scanner stopped working (Managed to get it working again after about 5 resets and rubbing it like mad with an alcohol wipe).
How did u sell it off with those defects? lol

Top Bottom