• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Angry Video Game Nerd

demi

jag0

You know whats wierd, when i was younger i played the hell out of Castlevania II (beat it), Roger Rabbit (almost beat it), The Karate Kid (beat it), and TMNT (DAMN THIS GAME!)

and i absolutely loved them... so its kinda wierd when peopel recall these with.... less than fond memories to say the least :D

oh and as for Roger Rabbit and its logn ass password, i think its clear this dude has never played Battle Of Olympus... now THAT was a long ass password!!

if you want to talk abotu bad games.. talk about Hydlide .. ugh..

:lol :lol :lol

I totally agree with him on Ninja Turtles. Especially on those hard-to-reach pizzas (is it even possible to get to the closing wall one?)

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
God, I totally agree with TMNT. That game was way too ****ing hard, and it had nothing to do with TMNT at all...

that reminds me how pissed off I'd get with all those hard ass games on the NES. Why all the randomness and impossible jumps konami??

Here's how they probably designed most stages in TMNT:
guy 1: "Hey this jump is way too easy, anyone can just press a button and jump, how about I move the other side of the pitfall a few pixels so the player can barely get jump over it if he's lucky"
guy 2: "That's a great idea, in the meantime I'll lower the ceiling just so it gets a little bit harder"
guy 1: "Thanks, I'll also put an enemy here that will hit the player 9 out of 10 times and if he's hit he'll fall and have to do it all again and the enemies will all respawn"
guy 2: "You're a genius!"

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
oh man, the only one i actually even have is TMNT...i have to agree its so ****ing hard

TheTurtleTitan said:
:lol :lol :lol

I totally agree with him on Ninja Turtles. Especially on those hard-to-reach pizzas (is it even possible to get to the closing wall one?)
He didn't even get to the Technodrome or Unkillable Shredder.

I mean, I'm with the guy above me, I played all of these and have fond memories, but mostly only because the other games out at the time were so much ****ing worse. That's why I find nostalgia for the "good old days" so incredibly laughable; 95% of the old games were shit, and of the remaining 5%, 4% of those were pretty ****ing bad, too, but at least they weren't as bad as the 95%, so I thought I was having a good time.

demi

I hope this guy makes more

Angry Nintendo Nerd >>>>> GameLife

Every single thing he said in those games I wholeheartedly agree with, it's like demi factor personified

:lol That TMNT one was gold. I remember getting so bloody angry at that underwater part, my controller had many, many teeth marks. Some would throw their controllers, I'd just bite the damn thing.

The TMNT video is the only one that I watched but I completely agree with it. :D

I still loved the game back in the day, but only because it was ****ing TMNT.

demi

marvelharvey said:
Pens in top pocket = nice nerdy touch

I liked where he blew in the cart and swabbed it with a q-tip, not to mention the Rolling Rock, that's right up there with Zima :lol

thefit

Oh my god TMNT! :lol Christ almighty when I finally made it past the stupid water level I though I had it made then I realised there was more levels I ****ing flung that shit across my room!

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I want to see him play battletoads...

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
SolidSnakex said:
"You can just walk over it?"

:lol :lol
I was wondering why he didn't just walk over it. I never tried to jump over it when I first played it.

I liked the Castlevania one, especially since some people here want a new one like it. :p

Johnas

TMNT was definitely one of the hardest NES games, right up there with Blaster Master for me.

I think I got to Krang (was he before Shredder?) at the game's end a time or two, but never did finish it.

C4Lukins

TheTrin said:
I want to see him play battletoads...

That is what I was thinking. It should just be him playing that bike level, not saying a word, for a half hour straight, then hanging himself from the ceiling fan.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Did anyone notice the sticker on the NES controller at the beginning of the Karate Kid video? Those were given away in Nintendo Power along with other ones. Those were cool. :)

C4Lukins

jjasper said:
The TMNT one is awesome. Just wondering has anyone ever actually beaten the game?

I made it past the water level a couple of times, and the next level was even more irritating.

wipeout364

I like the start of the Karate Kid one. That's so how it feels when you have some crazy situation in a game you've tried 20 times and keep dying.:lol

Tony HoTT

Banned
He should review Dragon's Lair for NES. I remember renting that game when I was little and just getting so mad and sweaty and my dad kept telling me to take a break and I just had to keep playing because I wanted to win. **** I remember getting pretty goddamn far for how impossible that game was.

jko

i went straight for the TMNT review and i knew that was all i needed :lol
great stuff!:lol :D

hhaa, he hates entering codes.

anyone remember the Phantom 2040 for the SNES? the codes you had to enter for that were no less than 30 characters :lol

and the game was impossible to beat since there was a single correct ending and like 25 wrong ones.

gah, i could make an entire episode about that game.

shuri

Banned
..pakbeka.. said:
that reminds me how pissed off I'd get with all those hard ass games on the NES. Why all the randomness and impossible jumps konami??

Here's how they probably designed most stages in TMNT:
guy 1: "Hey this jump is way too easy, anyone can just press a button and jump, how about I move the other side of the pitfall a few pixels so the player can barely get jump over it if he's lucky"
guy 2: "That's a great idea, in the meantime I'll lower the ceiling just so it gets a little bit harder"
guy 1: "Thanks, I'll also put an enemy here that will hit the player 9 out of 10 times and if he's hit he'll fall and have to do it all again and the enemies will all respawn"
guy 2: "You're a genius!"
What's hilarious is that I know exactly which jump you are talking about. You are talking about the mini jump right next to the door that leads you to the top of the dam, before you have to jump in the water.

The jump you have to do is super short, but your head will always bang on the ceiling, and thats when you dont get randomly attacked by one of those giant robot flies.

Top Bottom