• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Angry Video Game Nerd

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I was hoping the phone number would lead to another sex line. Ah well.

They should make a new Treasure Master and have the same walk cycle in 3D. It'd be the stupidest thing ever but it would be hilarious.

Yeah, the game's not that bad. It's just James playing it up sometimes with certain games. Not all the games that he reviews is as bad as he says they are.

Teppic

A really bad episode. He's just complaing and screaming through the whole thing. It's like a huge overreaction for something that doesn't deserve it. Would have been better with a more calm approach. He has some points like the confusing aspect of the game later on, but most of what I saw of world 1 looked to be pretty fun.

Maybe the content isn't that bad, just the delivery that I don't like. His acting doesn't feel sincere.

I enjoyed the episode but he seemed to be really mad at what appears to not be that bad a game.

Also, someone needs to tell James to just accept it and shave his head.

Balb

Not a huge fan of James frequently yelling during his in-game commentary in some of his recent episodes. Sounds like he's trying to force himself to emote because he isn't confident enough in his regular delivery. In most of his earlier videos he could calmly explain why something was bullshit and his frustration would come across perfectly.

Not a huge fan of James frequently yelling during his in-game commentary in some of his recent episodes. Sounds like he's trying to force himself to emote because he isn't confident enough in his regular delivery. In most of his earlier videos he could calmly explain why something was bullshit and his frustration would come across perfectly.

In most of his earlier videos, he used to scream things like, "BASTARD BITCH ASS DIARRHEA SLURP". Nothing has changed. AVGN didn't catch fiery popularity because of calm explanations.

In most of his earlier videos, he used to scream things like, "BASTARD BITCH ASS DIARRHEA SLURP". Nothing has changed. AVGN didn't catch fiery popularity because of calm explanations.

Yeah, but it wasn't always about the screams. I found his incredubility pretty funny too. His first videos didn't involve a lot screaming, his disbelief was was hilarious. There's one part in his Bible Games that stuck to me. It was something like: "By plugging it on top of an official cart, it overrides the security mechanism allowing you to play it. But the question is: would you want to? Actually, yeah you would. What other first person shooting game lets you play as Noah?". The slow buildup to a ridiculous concept just broke me, especially with how he delivered the line.

The somewhat recent Paperboy was great, and it didn;t really focus on shouting and cussing.

Eitherway, not feeling this latest episode at all.

Balb

I've watched his earlier videos recently. He speaks pretty calmly and yells occasionally when the situation calls for it as an exclamation point. The yelling is pretty gratuitous in the latest video, in my opinion.

BatDan

Since it hasn't been mentioned yet, there will be a small Monster Madness this year.
Five reviews, one every Sunday. Every other day will have an old review posted to YouTube.
"Son of Monster Madness" as it's known.

grim-tales

That was a fantastic episode. Felt like an old-school episode, but with some of the newer humor and pacing/plot.

I agree, I enjoyed it :D Definitely felt like a simple old-school episode from the early days.
The ending was great, like the Nerd is slowly losing his mind.
Does he hate and love shitty games at the same time?

Balb

Wonder if James will ever try to watch popular 90s anime like he did with Power Rangers last year. I feel like if he was a few years younger, he would have been a fan back in the day.

Timu

I still wish AVGN would do Sword of Sodan, Rise of the Robots and Slaughtersport, those would make for good AVGNs episodes since those are some of the worst games ever. I would be shocked if he can beat any of those games.

grim-tales

I still wish AVGN would do Sword of Sodan, Rise of the Robots and Slaughtersport, those would make for good AVGNs episodes since those are some of the worst games ever. I would be shocked if he can beat any of those games.

They would probably make great episodes.

Timu

They would probably make great episodes.
Yes, they definitely would. Slaughtersport would probably be the funniest though since he would have a hard time with the controls and overly aggressive opponents, plus you have to buy health before each match or else you will stick to having the same health for every other match. Oh and only 3 lives and once all are lost, it's game over. Yes, it's a fighting game with limited lives.

dickroach

did James ever do a series where he took the piss out of bad movies? not in character as the nerd, but reviews where he was intentionally went into some shitty movies that suck ass

GAMEPROFF

Banned
did James ever do a series where he took the piss out of bad movies? not in character as the nerd, but reviews where he was intentionally went into some shitty movies that suck ass

He did once when he crossed over with the Nostalgia Critic. The critic had to review a game and the nerd hat to review a movie.

thefro

http://cinemassacre.com/category/moviereviews/monstermadness/monster-madness-2010/

There's some other shitty movies he covered in Monster Madness later, but 2010 was all intentionally bad/campy stuff. The Infra-man one is my favorite review.

Top 40 Shitty Shark Movies should also be mentioned

http://cinemassacre.com/2013/08/06/top-40-shitty-shark-movies/

BatDan

That ending was cheesy as hell. Which is about right for wrestling.
No MUSCLE, but I guess that's a bit too outside the scope being a Kinnikuman game.

And yeah, no Halloween episode yet. James tends to go all out for the holiday though, and with no Monster Madness it's going to be a big one.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Probably was quick since it was back to basics with almost no skits & barely 10 minutes.

Ending bit got a chuckle out of it. An alright episode, but it could be because those sort of games just don't interest me.

Wonder what the halloween episode will be this year.

Uzumaki Goku

That ending was cheesy as hell. Which is about right for wrestling.
No MUSCLE, but I guess that's a bit too outside the scope being a Kinnikuman game.

And yeah, no Halloween episode yet. James tends to go all out for the holiday though, and with no Monster Madness it's going to be a big one.

I imagine he wants it to be big since it's the 150th episode.

thefro

That was pretty solid considering James (and Mike too) seem to not have been big wrestling fans at all.

If he was, this would have happened a long time ago and he could have milked a few episodes out of all the games.

grim-tales

I wonder what the 150th will be?

I had an idea he could do a spoof of "Pixels" where all the characters from past shiity (and maybe not so shitty) games 'attack' the Nerd for what he put them through - eg when a game is so hard, they always die, or even when he completes a game, they're so damn exhausted, I dunno :p

Top Bottom