• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animegate - Downfall of Mignogna (long and image heavy)

lifa-cobex

Iago and Igor are their codenames for them.

It's speculated that Iago might be someone higher up from Roosterteeth. It might also be Chris Sabat. I guess we'll have to wait for some of the autists over at farms to dig around some more, they might find someone that fits the description of a guy with a business that likes to brag about his wealth. The other client that was threatened by Iago seems to be Todd Haberkorn.
I'm sure it will all come out in the wash when they start point fingers at one another.

Iago is definitely Sabat - the "vice principal" comment gives it away. Sabat is a defacto employee of Funimation because he does contribute to intercompany decisions rather than purely working as a contractor.

Are Christians hated?

By some people? Absolutely. Especially evangelical types like Vic. I'm not really a fan of them myself, but sometimes that generates a lot of vitriol.

I wonder why. I have met quite a few Christians and they don't seem too different from other people besides following the Bible. Most of them are volunteers to serve their communities and tend to be decent people.

I mean, I don't really care if someone is religious or not. I understand some are more focused on their beliefs, but I've grown up in the church community enough to know there's decent people too.

Plus, there's this well known video of Vic talking to some fundamental Christian protestors in front of an anime convention on why he disagrees with religious people who will relentlessly attack gay people (because I know that's the deal with a lot of euphoric atheist types):

Nick Rekieta talks about a few stories which are in the Funimation HR investigation which apparently factored into Funimations decision to terminate Vic.

1:37:30 (if the link doesn't work)

A consensual kiss between coworkers and:

Vic and Monica sitting at a panel near each other.
There is a bowl (or bag) of jellybeans between them.
She takes one out, signs it with her name and throws it to Vic.
Vic eats it and jokingly says "now I can say I ate Monica Rial".
S6OWIHS.gif

This has been brought up to HR. A story like this and a consensual kiss have apparently factored into Vic's termination. WTF?

I can't wait for the lawsuit being filed (according to Ty it will happen this week - he also said he'll reveal Igor and Iago soon, because they'll be targeted in the 2nd round of the lawsuits) so we all can get a look at discovery. This smells like "we just want to get rid of Vic so we use everything we can".

Nick Rekieta talks about a few stories which are in the Funimation HR investigation which apparently factored into Funimations decision to terminate Vic.

S6OWIHS.gif

This has been brought up to HR. A story like this and a consensual kiss have apparently factored into Vic's termination. WTF?

I can't wait for the lawsuit being filed (according to Ty it will happen this week - he also said he'll reveal Igor and Iago soon, because they'll be targeted in the 2nd round of the lawsuits) so we all can get a look at discovery. This smells like "we just want to get rid of Vic so we use everything we can".

The jellybean story is bizarre. The only way it would have been sexual is if he said "ate out Monica Rial" or something that is more of a euphemism for oral sex. People do not describe oral sex as "I ate them", especially cunnilingus.

I think the rumors that he an Monica had an affair and he dumped her are probably true. She acts like a crazy spurned ex.

Last edited:

oagboghi2

S6OWIHS.gif

This strengthens my theory that a lot of this is driven by sexual jealousy. Something tells me Vic has "dated" a lot of these people in some way or another and he has broken a lot of hearts during the years. That's how friends turn into sexual assault.

Conan-san

Well pick up your brooms, ladies and gentlemen, It's shinanigins!

The rate this is going Funimation is going to end up becoming Aniplex's budget label.

I am recently rewatching the enter Dragon ball Series on blu ray that I bought from amazon (so funi gets only a very small percentage from the sale or nothing at all, someone correct me on that) and I never spoke about any of this stuff when it was on going, but I will give my opinion on some of it now I guess.

Almost all the funimation actors make me sick to my stomach. I love their vocal talent, but I would never go out of my way to meet any of them if I had the ability to do so. if this would have happened back in like 2005, I would have been really upset about it because that's when I was hardcore into the dub scene.

My only hope at this point is that there are no sexual harrassment skeletons in Schemmel's or Sabat's closet if only for the victims and the shitshow it would create, Even if it would be a form of vindication.

I can enjoy their work, but can't stand even knowing about them outside of it. There is only one Goku, and there is only one Broly, and that's Vic and Sean. Monica never really seemed that good to be honest aside from Bulma, from the db series, Kirika in Noir, and Haruka from Rahxephon. And even then, those last two are just kinda ok-ish and could have been done by anyone.

I'm not going to lie and say that I don't miss hearing Vic, but I was never one of his """Stans,""" either.

Last edited:
Top Bottom