• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 will probably also release on Next-Gen consoles, say CDPR

Stuart360

Well that was a given. I'm a bit surprised they are saying it though. A lot of people will wait i'd feel, although the self control involved will probably end up too much for most people lol.

klosos

Ya makes sense i could see Cyberpunk and the DLCs releasing this gen , then a GOTY version released for next gen consoles. CD projekt are one of the better devs when it comes to customer's , so good luck to them.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I think alot of big titles will do this. They've done it before

It'll be interesting to see how this trend will shake out next gen though, since the rumors from both Sony and Microsoft is that their next consoles will be fully backwards compatible with this gen. If that's the case, there would be less incentive for people to re-buy the next gen version which would drive down sales which would discourage devs from re-releasing remasters of last-gen titles.

GermanZepp

Well, i'm going to wait to play it in PS5 for shure. I don't want it to put my PS4pro into vacuum cleaner mode. Besides nextgen version is gonna perform better i assume.

It'll be interesting to see how this trend will shake out next gen though, since the rumors from both Sony and Microsoft is that their next consoles will be fully backwards compatible with this gen. If that's the case, there would be less incentive for people to re-buy the next gen version which would drive down sales which would discourage devs from re-releasing remasters of last-gen titles.
The next gen consoles version will probably have PC level enhancements.

Angry_Ostrich

Neo Member
Great! Just as I was debating whether to save up money for the PC update or buy next gen console. Now I'm even more confused!

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Well that was a given. I'm a bit surprised they are saying it though. A lot of people will wait i'd feel, although the self control involved will probably end up too much for most people lol.

Well waiting wouldn't be that long anyways. This game will probably come out the same year the new consoles release. It's in CDPR's best interest to make this a launch game on the PS5\Xbox720.

hunthunt

Banned
Unsurprisingly, incoming Normal and Game of the Year Edition for current gen and The Complete Edition for Ps5 and Xbox4

Fbh

A lot of late current gen games will probably release on next gen.

Definitely, though I don't think it will kill remasters, it will probably works similarly to PC which still gets definitive and enhanced editions (like Skyrim or Dark Souls).
They can release an enhanced version with visual improvements , new content, maybe new features (more NPC on the street or more physics, or places that used to be behind a loading screen now being seamless), etc.

Meanwhile the last gen version works but simply gets a basic resolution and maybe framerate bump.

nani17

are in a big trouble

That is true but I'm sure they'll add something and also there are those that have just PS4 and Xbox, not the pro or X and will able to get a "better 4k experience "

Yep that's one example where PR was too transparent. Should have just said they have no such plans at this point and say nothing more until there's 6 months or so left till next gen remaster release. I wish for CDPR to make the most they can on this, if it's anywhere close to TW3 quality, they deserve it

GoldenEye98

posts news as their odd job
I thought this was pretty much guaranteed. Though with the likely BC of both consoles next gen how much does it matter?

of course it will, my hope was that it would be nexgen exclusive.

Actually, it's a next-gen game disguised as current-gen. The little we have seen so far runs on a PC that is pretty much a next-gen console. The downgrade on PS4 and XBOX is gonna be epic, even bigger than The Witcher 3.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
By saying "if there is an opportunity"
Makes it sound like they don't even have dev kits.
Something I thought they would have by now

I think current gen consoles will barely be able to handle it. We will be looking at 20-30fps range on the vanilla and souped up consoles. They couldn't really handle Witcher 3 all that well (also cpu heavy title).

njean777

I mean I see that happening for a lot of games coming this year and next. But if what we are told may be true then next gen consoles are probably just gonna be like PC's have always been. The newer games will run fine on them, and this gens consoles will run the games albeit at lower resolutions, draw distance, fps, etc. I hope they do become more like PC's in that sense. Maybe even the older games from this gen will run better on the newer hardware (big ask, but maybe could happen).

Last edited:
So this almost like a confirmation that the project was built for current gen consoles in mind only...so nothing extraordinary or mind blowing we shouldn't expect on a Jaguar cpu's

ghairat

Yeah, that sounds like a good idea. A lot of developers might do that. Look at Yakuza for example which I think that they are going to release a Yakuza collection

TeamGhobad

Banned
Actually, it's a next-gen game disguised as current-gen. The little we have seen so far runs on a PC that is pretty much a next-gen console. The downgrade on PS4 and XBOX is gonna be epic, even bigger than The Witcher 3.
i know the graphics will take a huge hit i just hope the other stuff wont.

ZywyPL

Banned
The thread lacks [SHOCKING NEWS!} tag ;) I'm surprised that CP2007 will be indeed released on current-gen consoles in the first place. I cannot wait to see how much it will have to be downgraded in order to run at least close to 30FPS, because that gameplay was clearly a high-end PC/next-gen console stuff.

Last edited:
Top Bottom