• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anthem |OT| Fly, you fools!

So, what do you guys think about loot nerf gate?

I know BioWare said it was just correcting an 11-hour goof from Friday.

But damn, I didn't get a single non-guaranteed MC yesterday. *whine*

TitusTroy

with the pre-order bonus, Legion of Dawn Legendary Ranger Armor Pack...are we supposed to have a separate Legion of Dawn part for Helmet, Arms, Legs etc?...I only see a Legion of Dawn Vinyl available (along with a Lvl 18 weapon)

with the pre-order bonus, Legion of Dawn Legendary Ranger Armor Pack...are we supposed to have a separate Legion of Dawn part for Helmet, Arms, Legs etc?...I only see a Legion of Dawn Vinyl available (along with a Lvl 18 weapon)

Yes. It's a full set for each of the four javs.

voidenberg

This game is complete garbage. I was playing just now. Doing a contract on grandmaster 1 with my interceptor. I got downed like 4 times in a row. Instakill. And i have no idea what killed me. I just alt-f4'd out of the game.
I can't use melee anymore because it's too risky. And even when i act like a pussy i get killed by god knows what.

If anything Anthem made me appreciate Destiny even more. What a masterclass of game design that is.

Kagey K

Banned
are you sure the Legion of Dawn Legendary Armor Pack is for all javelins?...it says Legion of Dawn Legendary Ranger Armor Pack...so maybe because I'm playing as Storm I don't get access to it?
The deluxe edition has sets for all of them. The regular only has an armor set for the ranger.

That’s probably where the confusion lies.

this game will be dead in a month or so,I'm already burned out doing same quests over and over again,a loot shooter where the loot sucks and has attributes for something else,and when a lot of people will drop the game EA will split the team to put them to work on other projects and what will remain for Anthem will be a skeleton crew

I feel like I’ll at least get a good few weeks out of it before Division 2 drops

waylo

Banned
this game will be dead in a month or so,I'm already burned out doing same quests over and over again,a loot shooter where the loot sucks and has attributes for something else,and when a lot of people will drop the game EA will split the team to put them to work on other projects and what will remain for Anthem will be a skeleton crew
I was at that point after like eight hours. Game has no content and what is there is boring. And the reason you're playing it is to get loot, which is also insanely boring and uninspired. What a shit show.

CLBridges

I gained a whole level without even doing any content. Loaded in twice for reinforcements and got booted twice. Noticed two new messages and there goes xp and loot. Not complaining at all.

voidenberg

Loaded a contract mission. After we completed the first objetive the next one wouldn't show up. We stayed there for a few minutes and i just alt+f4'd.
This game is so broken i'm very close to uninstalling it.

Typhares

dzgh30flr0j21.jpg

Hopefully they listened!

I'm just patiently waiting for the uproar when people realise the grind needed for the coin to unlock more javelin armour sets. The 40 hr grind in BF2 to unlock Dart Vader is going to seem like mere minutes :messenger_grinning_sweat:

I don't care at this point. If I never play again after Division 2 (not likely) I'll have gotten my money's worth.

But, yes, the coin grind does seem bad, and we haven't even seen (presumably) mastercraft and legendary armor yet.

There's also the matter of being able to spend coins for mats for crafting.

The whale who spends shards on cosmetics will have a lot more mats. Does it matter in a PvE-only game? Probably not, but it will bother people.

The cynic in me thinks the loot changes were made to drive the crafting economy. We'll see. Off to work. :messenger_weary:

Last edited:

Xiaoki

I'm just patiently waiting for the uproar when people realise the grind needed for the coin to unlock more javelin armour sets. The 40 hr grind in BF2 to unlock Dart Vader is going to seem like mere minutes :messenger_grinning_sweat:
You're going to be waiting a while because it isnt going to happen. They've probably been too generous with Coins.

Doing your Daily quests will get you a round 10,000 Coins a week and doing the Weekly quest will also get you 10,000 Coins. Then add in the 10,000 Coins I get from the Alliance system and, Hey, look at that, halfway to a cosmetic set just by casually playing the game for like 2 hours a day. How will I ever survive such arduous grind?

Too generous. :messenger_beaming:

Plus, 2 hours a day seems like a low estimate to earn the 30k coins avilable in a week.

That's half an EPIC suit, but there are vinyls and emotes, and what about when the mastercraft and legendaries arrive?

We'll see. Maybe I'm rushing to judgment, but I wouldn't be so quick to give it a pass especially with EA pulling the strings and...

The already methodical manner in which BioWare is drip feeding the cosmetics.

You're going to be waiting a while because it isnt going to happen. They've probably been too generous with Coins.

Doing your Daily quests will get you a round 10,000 Coins a week and doing the Weekly quest will also get you 10,000 Coins. Then add in the 10,000 Coins I get from the Alliance system and, Hey, look at that, halfway to a cosmetic set just by casually playing the game for like 2 hours a day. How will I ever survive such arduous grind?
And most people won't even bother with sets for Javelins they don't play. So they'd really be done with the coin grind in about 2 weeks.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!

Plus, 2 hours a day seems like a low estimate to earn the 30k coins avilable in a week.

That's half an EPIC suit, but there are vinyls and emotes, and what about when the mastercraft and legendaries arrive?

We'll see. Maybe I'm rushing to judgment, but I wouldn't be so quick to give it a pass especially with EA pulling the strings and...

2 hours of playing the game and 4 hours of sitting in loading screens.

I stopped playing after the loot nerf. It's pointless continuing TBH, the last patch utterly obliterated my mouse look also somehow.

I'm happy, should be a decent character if they ever add new content.

Xiaoki

It takes around 2 hours to finish all of the Daily quests which will get 1,500 Coins. 1,500 x 7 = 10,500

Finishing all of the Daily quests every day will also finish the Weekly quests at the same time. Each Weekly is worth 2,000 Coins and there are 5 of them. 2,000 x 5 = 10,000

I befriended a lot of people over several message boards for the Alliance system. I dont remember exactly how many Coins you get from a Tier 10 friend but it's close to 2,000 and the top 5 are counted.

And there you go, how to get 30,000 Coins a week by playing 2 hours a day casually.

Also, as yet_another_alt yet_another_alt said, people arent going to buy cosmetics for every Javelin, just the ones they play the most. They're also not going to buy every Vinyl, or every Emote. I havent bought anything yet, so Im over 200,000 Coins. So, when a Masterwork or better armor pack that I really want is released I will have more than enough Coins to get it.

Typhares

Well I just finished the last 'story' mission! Took 24 hours of gameplay and I'm level 19. I still have some side story missions to do and try the new stronghold as well.
I'm not concerned about loot yet so I hope they fix it by the time I get there.

For any one who hasn't seen it, Travis Day's (Reaper of Souls) constructive criticism is an interesting read:

Last edited:

10 000 a week?!? Jees that's generous, if only one piece of armour (of 4?) didn't cost 16 000 coin. Bioware is drunk :messenger_grinning_sweat:

It takes around 2 hours to finish all of the Daily quests which will get 1,500 Coins. 1,500 x 7 = 10,500

Finishing all of the Daily quests every day will also finish the Weekly quests at the same time. Each Weekly is worth 2,000 Coins and there are 5 of them. 2,000 x 5 = 10,000

I befriended a lot of people over several message boards for the Alliance system. I dont remember exactly how many Coins you get from a Tier 10 friend but it's close to 2,000 and the top 5 are counted.

And there you go, how to get 30,000 Coins a week by playing 2 hours a day casually.

Also, as yet_another_alt yet_another_alt said, people arent going to buy cosmetics for every Javelin, just the ones they play the most. They're also not going to buy every Vinyl, or every Emote. I havent bought anything yet, so Im over 200,000 Coins. So, when a Masterwork or better armor pack that I really want is released I will have more than enough Coins to get it.

Xiaoki, you should really stop trying to make excuses for multi billion dollar company who release half finished games filled to the brim with exploitative practices, on top of that pay their CEO millions.

VertigoOA

Banned
I didn’t blitz towards endgame and enjoying far more because of it. Even that stupid free roam quest isn’t annoying me too much.

Destiny 1 &2 both forced you into some kind xp grind. It was far more friendly tho. Like do anything + crucible and I would just usually opt to grind crucible instead.

What’s most annoying about the freeroam portion is lack of fast travel or perhaps a better way to track players and events with some Crazy Taxi like flight path or something.

I remember players criticizing d2’s loot depth. It’s different but perks and rolls on weapons drastically effected the way weapons actually felt and hit. Anthem it just seems like I’m playing with stats and that’s just it... not so much of a tangible feel.

The sniper rifles are pretty fun tho. The game is very fun to play and I think performance on pro is solid (although I did encounter some serious slowdown for the first time last night).

Meccs

I stopped playing after the loot nerf. It's pointless continuing TBH, the last patch utterly obliterated my mouse look also somehow.
Same here. The decreased loot made me realize that I didn't have as much fun as I thought, to be honest. I had a sudden moment of "why do I keep playing this".

bilderberg

I can't even make sense of the loot inscriptions half the time. Are bullets and melee impact? Is my Storm's ultimate elemental? Are grenades blast? Pulse blast seems like it would be impact damage, but the thing does have 'blast' in the name so who the hell knows. My legendary Marksman Rifle gets down to -3 bullets in a mag when I keep pressing the trigger. I do a half reload animation, then it reloads again because it's bugged. It also tells me "when you empty the mag it refills your shields", total lie. Never has it ever refilled my shields. I've got a legendary pulse blast that does shit damage compared to drops which are 5+ levels below it.

Xiaoki

Big changes to loot and Masterworks.

No White and Green gear at level 30.

Many many changes to Inscriptions.

Less embers required to craft Masterworks.

Typhares

Big changes to loot and Masterworks.

No White and Green gear at level 30.

Many many changes to Inscriptions.

Less embers required to craft Masterworks.

Thanks for posting, all good changes!
I'm not level 30 yet so I don't know the pain but no white and green seems like a very important change. Especially if their percentage is now equally redistributed across all remaining rarity.

One would think that a weapons stats would actually roll for that weapon from the beginning. Who play tested this? Us?

Same here. The decreased loot made me realize that I didn't have as much fun as I thought, to be honest. I had a sudden moment of "why do I keep playing this".

Exactly, we are playing a looter shooter where the loot are the same boring guns over and over and over. You can't even at a glans tell most of them apart. The only interesting loot would have been javelin armour but nooooo that you have to pay for or grind a weeks for. A sense of pride and accomplishment comes to mind.

Nothing has been as frustrating to me in Anthem than completing Temple of Scar or Heart of Rage on GM1 and getting whites and greens.

Also, adding some semblance of smart loot is a great change. I like a good loot grind, but this was getting to be a bit obnoxious.

Last edited:
Nothing has been as frustrating to me in Anthem than completing Temple of Scar or Heart of Rage on GM1 and getting whites and greens.

Also, adding some semblance of smart loot is a great change. I like a good loot grind, but this was getting to be a bit obnoxious.
Doing only the Tyrant one,those other 2 suck,and you can finish it faster

Ragnaroz

I hope the update comes sooner rather than later because with it on the horizon, I have 0 reason to play the game before it drops.

I guess I won't pick up my legendary bounties and just grind quick plays.

That's the last thing I need for the legionnaires challenge.

Update is out. 3 gig on PC.
its not the loot one,this one is for

• The tethering timer for missions has been increased. Players should now have more time to catch up to their Squad before seeing a countdown timer.
  • The Swarm Tyrant encounter in the Tyrant Mine Stronghold can no longer be reset by the entire Squad exiting to the main menu and rejoining the session in progress.
  • Players are no longer able to reopen chests that have already been looted in Strongholds.

I've been playing & having a blast with Anthem, personally. I understand the reasons some people don't & see issues with the game that I'm looking forward to them fixing, but I'm having fun & look forward to what comes in next month's patch. :D

Top Bottom