• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anthem |OT| Fly, you fools!

Typhares

yJm29S9.jpg

Publisher: EA
Developer: Bioware
Platforms: Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PC
Release Date: Early Access 15th February, Global Launch 22nd February
Genre: TPS loot shooter, Multiplayer
Ratings: RP
Players: 1-4

IN THE BEGINNING, THE GODS HARNESSED THE ANTHEM, A SOURCE OF PURE CREATION.

WONDEROUS LANDS ERUPTED INTO EXISTENCE.

COLOSSAL BEASTS, CREATURES, AND MONSTERS EMERGED.

BUT BEFORE THEIR WORK WAS COMPLETE, THE GODS VANISHED, LEAVING BEHIND AN UNFINISHED WORLD STREWN WITH THE INSTRUMENTS OF THEIR CREATION.

THE POWER OF THE ANTHEM WOULD NOT BE CONTAINED, UNLEASHING WORLD-ALTERING CATACLYSMS, TRANSFORMING AND CORRUPTING THOSE THAT TRIED TO WIELD ITS POWER.

HUMANITY SOUGHT A WAY TO SURVIVE, SO OUR ANCESTORS CREATED THE JAVELIN EXOSUITS, HANDCRAFTED ARMOR THAT GAVE US SUPERHUMAN ABILITIES.

OUR WORLD REMAINS IN AN ETERNAL STRUGGLE BETWEEN THE POWER OF THE ANTHEM AND THE INSTRUMENTS OF THE GODS WHO FORMED IT.

TODAY, THE FATE OF HUMANITY RESTS IN THE HANDS OF A SMALL BAND OF JAVELIN PILOTS KNOWN AS THE FREELANCERS.

Credit to u/Construct_Zero for the following infographic:
Colossus-Infographic-VER-1.0.png

Interceptor-Inforgraphic-VER-1.0.png

Ranger-Inforgraphic-VER-1.0.png

Storm-Infographic-VER-1.0.png

Future content is already planned:
uk-anthem-calender-year-01-16x9-web.jpg

uk-anthem-act1-16x9-web.jpg

Extra material:

Countown to Early Access:
t1550242800z0.png

Countdown to Global Launch (please note the game actually unlocks at midnight in your specific region):
t1550797200z0.png

wtftad

Trying to keep my expectations in check.....if the game doesn’t meet my expectations, your OT certainly exceeded them, great job mate!

Mista

Banned
This is beautiful. Thank you lads for this! EA Access in 3 hours and I’m hyped. If anyone here playing on Xbox, DM me your GTs if you want :)

So, in case anyone missed it: (infographic was made before the change was announced)

Energy Pulse (aka Pulse Blast) is a shield penetrator.

nowhat

so reviews in 2 hours or so, right?
There's no date listed for when the review embargo lifts on OpenCritic. That's always encouraging... right?

(tried the beta, this will be a hard pass for me - but I still wish it does at least decently, so EA doesn't gut BioWare completely)

mgcemir85

Neo Member
There's no date listed for when the review embargo lifts on OpenCritic. That's always encouraging... right?

(tried the beta, this will be a hard pass for me - but I still wish it does at least decently, so EA doesn't gut BioWare completely)

I have a feeling it will fail hard, and a part of me hopes it fails then the game will be 30 euros in a month and then Ill buy it and then the game blossoms. But if it fails too hard, ill never see another Mass Effect :( and shit about the reviews, didn't they get the game at least a week earlier so ppl can know if bioware will exist anymore ...

Last edited:

Typhares

Do you guys know which Javelin you're going to main? I went in the demo fully expecting to play storm or interceptor but after it I decided to stick with the good old ranger!
Anyway it's nice we can play all 4 without needing multiple characters.

Ascend

Might get this during a sale. I didn't see enough story there to convince me to buy the game, and I'm not willing to waste my time in looter shooters. The demo was definitely fun though, bar the technical issues.

voidenberg

Do you guys know which Javelin you're going to main? I went in the demo fully expecting to play storm or interceptor but after it I decided to stick with the good old ranger!

Ranger most likely. Maybe colossus.

wtftad

Do you guys know which Javelin you're going to main?.....:Anyway it's nice we can play all 4 without needing multiple characters.

Storm for sure, Interceptor, then back to Ranger, finally the Colossus if the game REALLY sucks me into grinding.....but it would be nice to have some missions that lean toward one of the Javelin types to give you a reason to explore them/keep you in decent gear for the ones you seldom use.

Typhares

Storm for sure, Interceptor, then back to Ranger, finally the Colossus if the game REALLY sucks me into grinding.....but it would be nice to have some missions that lean toward one of the Javelin types to give you a reason to explore them/keep you in decent gear for the ones you seldom use.

I remember reading somewhere that you can get loot for any javelin at any time however the loot table percentage are increased for the javelin currently in use.
So you can deifnitely keep the other javelin in good shape even grinding with another.

Kind of did the same thing. I was pretty confident in the Colossus but now I'm leaning toward Ranger.

Stuart360

Are you guys sure you dont need EA Access Premier to play it now?, i have the basic EA Access and its telling me to uipgrade

Ichabod

Banned
Noice OT, OP! Easily my most anticipated game of the past year. That Blomkamp trailer is fuckballs amazing!! EA, don't you fuck this up ಠ_ಠ

I missed out on the Beta but this now has me strangely interested, having had no interest in destiny etc. I loved the Mass Effect games and hope this does well, if reviews are positive may need to seriously consider a purchase.

voidenberg

And of course servers are already fucked. Can't get in. Servers unavailable. Server has shutdown. Why can't we have a smooth launch for a change?

Last edited:

Stuart360

Year you need EA Access Premier to download the game on PC, it sucks but i was going to get a month of Premier anyway.

Typhares

Year you need EA Access Premier to download the game on PC, it sucks but i was going to get a month of Premier anyway.

Open the Origin store on your browser. Search for Anthem. Click on the Anthem Trial page, then on view Trial and add to game library. Then download to your PC

Try this!

Stuart360

Open the Origin store on your browser. Search for Anthem. Click on the Anthem Trial page, then on view Trial and add to game library. Then download to your PC

Try this!
Oh shit that worked. I didnt get that option using the client, thanks.

Stuart360

I don't think they are that bad if we get the post launch support promised for free.
I saw it wrong, i was looking at the currency instead of shards for how much the javelins are, i was like that would need like $80 worth of shards for 1 custom javelin lol

Last edited:
Top Bottom