• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anthem |OT| Fly, you fools!

kbear

People on Reddit act like they increased the drop rate of MW and Legs? Is that true? Did you guys play already and noticed a difference?

Edit: Oh, damn there was apparently a small window last night where they increased the loot and people got MW and Legs and now it's back to being shit... even more so than before it seems. Lol, damn and I missed it.

Are you fucking kidding me? I don’t know whether to 😆 or 😭

Second time this 4-5 hours long window, with what should be normal loot drop rates, accidentally activated. I’m gonna level up from 27 to 30 today and if I don’t get one decent drop I’m done.

Last edited:
I went back to play it,cause I saw they added a fix in the latest patch for the crash,and they increased the melee dmg to the interceptor,but the loot drop still sucks,I played couple of hours on GM2 and only epics,nothing else,nada,what's the point ,damn it
WC-tac.gif

Last edited:
Are you fucking kidding me? I don’t know whether to 😆 or 😭

Second time this 4-5 hours long window, with what should be normal loot drop rates, accidentally activated. I’m gonna level up from 27 to 30 today and if I don’t get one decent drop I’m done.

Why are you even worrying about drops before 30? Item power level depends on your level. If anything you should be praying that the RNG gods save all their gifts for when you hit max level. But yeah, drop rates are still ass.

Last edited:

Typhares

My origin premiere has now expired, not gonna renew until more improvements are made. I got 35 hours worth out of a month sub so no regret.
Enjoying vermintide 2 in the meantime :p

So now you can get masterwork components for other Javelins classes other than the one that your playing. i.e If your playing a storm you can get colossus or interceptor MW components as drops.

Don't know if it's intended or not, I don't remember seeing it in the patch notes.

Anyone want to talk about the back door pay to win aspect of Anthem?

I think it's pretty clear at this point that BioWare/EA wants you to craft to get your (non-legendary) perfect gear.

Mastercraft ember drops have been nerfed (if Reddit is to be believed).

Another way to get mc embers is to pay coins, so the system puts pressure on you not to spend your coins.

fsxh3Zr.jpg

Am I crazy? :messenger_grimmacing_

Last edited:

I think it's pretty clear at this point that BioWare/EA wants you to craft to get your (non-legendary) perfect gear.

Another way to get mc embers is to pay coins, so the system puts pressure on you not to spend your coins.

fsxh3Zr.jpg

Considering masterwork embers are 5k coins, that kind of investment would make gacha whales look like minnows.

So I'm now 65 hours into the game without a single legendary dropping for me. I'm starting to think I might be bugged. I'm gonna scrap that legendary pre-order marksman rifle and see if that does anything.

But I'm doing GM2 freeplay and some GM2 Tyrant Mines/ Legendary Contracts and I'm not getting a single damn legendary :messenger_neutral::messenger_neutral:

Honestly though they need to either make legendary's completely unique and not slightly upgraded MW items, or do like Vermintide 2 does with orange and red items. In Vermintide 2 red items have the same power as oranges but the differences is red's always get max level rolls on their modifiers. Not to mentions you can re-roll items in Vermintide 2 which Anthem needs, even if it was a MW ember per re-roll it would be worth it.

kbear

Why are you even worrying about drops before 30? Item power level depends on your level. If anything you should be praying that the RNG gods save all their gifts for when you hit max level. But yeah, drop rates are still ass.

Forget about me, think about the casuals playing this game for all those hours to get to 30, the entire campaign, and not having anything “cool” drop. I get the design decision but maybe drop a bread crumb once in a while to give people a preview of what’s to come later. I just want this game to succeed because it’s so damn fun to play and looks incredible.

fsxh3Zr.jpg

I don't think so now,I think its just incompetence at this point from Bioware to actually do something right on this game.Because to craft something you need the masterwork schematics for it,and I personally don't know how you get those,I have 4 MW schematics for weapons,but I don't know how I got those and the irony is all those are useless to me.I have over 200 MW embers by now and I don't have on what to use them.And to do that at this point where people are frustrated with this game and leaving it,its kind off suicide.I don't know what to think anymore,I'm just waiting The Division 2 to get my fix on looting something.

Last edited:

Meccs

Did anyone read their response?

"In the next few months, we’re expecting to make significant changes." Oh well I am so happy now that you expect to make changes in the next few months....
This was the most generic response they could come up with. Laughable. Just have a look at the Anthem Sub-Reddit. It literally exploded.

Last edited:

ultrazilla

On PC:

Just tried running the Tyrant Scar Stronghold on HARD mode(this is the other stronghold, not the giant Spider one).

Anyways we were playing and cleaning up pretty good until we got to the part where you have to place the 5 barrels in front of a
door to proceed. We got up to the third explosive barrel which I placed and then the game stopped spawning enemies and sound effects
and the last 2 barrels we needed to proceed disappeared! We ran all over the level for 10 minutes and could not find the final 2 barrels
so we all excited the mission. Horrible bug. I've reported it to Bioware on their official Twitter page.

/Sigh

"In the next few months, we’re expecting to make significant changes." Oh well I am so happy now that you expect to make changes in the next few months....
This was the most generic response they could come up with. Laughable. Just have a look at the Anthem Sub-Reddit. It literally exploded.

Yeah.....

I’m not sure they have a few months. I mean, maybe they do, I don’t know what the player numbers are.

kbear

Can I turn on my PS4 to play this now and not worry about it going into any more seizures?

I’ve had maybe 2 crashes ever on the Scorp and there’s a decent chance it was due to Xfinity. That’s a shame, Vert. Hope it gets better soon for ya.

waylo

Banned

"Once our game is truly dead and the playerbase has all left to play better games, we'll hopefully get around to making meaningful changes."

The developers actually have no clue what in the hell they're doing.

Typhares

Yeah.....

I’m not sure they have a few months. I mean, maybe they do, I don’t know what the player numbers are.

Not sure either, depends what sales they got then they might be hoping for people to come back or like me re-subscribe to origin when things improve.

Can I turn on my PS4 to play this now and not worry about it going into any more seizures?
I guess,I played it on my PS4 after the update and I didn't had any hard crashed till now,but I got a blue screen error,don't know if coincidence ,but I got it when I turned off that option that EA keeps track of your use of console,right when I turned that off I got that error ,but in rest seems fine till now.

Last edited:
Played last night after I installed the patch.....GM2 doing the lengendary missions feels better balanced... almost 2 easy.

Haven’t tried the stronghold yet.all my guys in the 600 with my highest at 670.

Your ultimate ability finally felt worth a fuck at Gm2.

Got my first universal Master component.

Didn’t play bad.

VertigoOA

Banned
Game has dropped to 7th most played on Xbox live, trailing rainbow six. Will be interesting to see if the destiny dlc puts it ahead by next Sunday.

VertigoOA

Banned
I didn’t even realize it got that high...thought it was in the 20s

It hit 3rd and 4th. The hyperbole about it not doing well is just faux internet outrage. Also keep in mind those lists are full of f2p and gamespass freebies too.

Bad release timing honestly. This winter ended up being stacked so anthem should have difficulties with player retention until a major content drop

Last edited:
What a terrible time to release a meh looter gamer with other big titles out right now. They should have taken another year on this game.

Forget about me, think about the casuals playing this game for all those hours to get to 30, the entire campaign, and not having anything “cool” drop. I get the design decision but maybe drop a bread crumb once in a while to give people a preview of what’s to come later. I just want this game to succeed because it’s so damn fun to play and looks incredible.

Yeah I agree, hell I did a quickplay GM2 stronghold for heart of rage. No legendaries and the monitor still took ages to kill. Then did some fp on GM2 and did like over 10 world events and still nothing.........

The legendary drop rate is just to fking low. Out of 68 hours played I now have 1 legendary..... That's ridiculous.

kbear

Yeah I agree, hell I did a quickplay GM2 stronghold for heart of rage. No legendaries and the monitor still took ages to kill. Then did some fp on GM2 and did like over 10 world events and still nothing.........

The legendary drop rate is just to fking low. Out of 68 hours played I now have 1 legendary..... That's ridiculous.

Just curious, how many of those 68 hours were at 30? ballpark

Btw, not sure if that huge reddit post is still accurate but the guy wasn’t doing the world events in freeplay or doing strongholds. He was in freeplay but he only killed regular mobs that escalate into stronger and stronger, and also dungeons. The yellow boss that shows up in the “final wave” always drops something and the guy found 44 legs in 50 hours doing this. Shit this wasn’t the accidental buff that got fixed, right 🧐

Last edited:
Just curious, how many of those 68 hours were at 30? ballpark

Btw, not sure if that huge reddit post is still accurate but the guy wasn’t doing the world events in freeplay or doing strongholds. He was in freeplay but he only killed regular mobs that escalate into stronger and stronger, and also dungeons. The yellow boss that shows up in the “final wave” always drops something and the guy found 44 legs in 50 hours doing this. Shit this wasn’t the accidental buff that got fixed, right 🧐

Ummm it probably took me around 26-28 hours to hit 30 around. So an estimate of 40 hours at max level. Think I might be done though and probably won't play it anymore until some stuff is fixed. Just did an hour long FP session and didn't get my 3 masterworks that I accumulated for the session after getting an error when I ended the expedition and the game got stuck in the loading screen.

Also the amount of ember you gotta spend to get rolls you want crafting MW's is freaking ridiculous.

Meccs

They need to address the loot today, there is no way around it, they can't sit this one out. It's not going away. There are already people out there on Reddit making calculations like they guy that suggested they didn't just revert the drop rate they did also lower it even more (from ~11% to ~4%) and the guy that explained the issue with additive calculations. It's not just the loud minority, not just a few entitled brats calling for instant gratification.

^^ Missing notes my ass.... Lmao also on how all of a sudden these "missing" nerfs are now bugs since the players are staging a protest.

There won't be any loot,its made on purpose to be that way,because there is no endgame,if there will be more loot ,then players will make their builds they want faster,and then what!!!what will be the purpose to keep playing when there is nothing else to do,so I don't expect to fix.

Last edited:
I bought this game on release day but I'm only level 8 because I had to stop playing because of family home issues but all I've seen is mostly Internet outrage from players who have played the game an insane amount of time. I've barely scratched the surface and until my family issues are resolved I won't be able to play. I don't know for sure if the negativity surrounding this game is overblown or not, from what I played on PS4 I had a damn good time, but I hope there still will be a game to come back too.

Last edited:

Woo-Fu

Banned
What a terrible time to release a meh looter gamer with other big titles out right now. They should have taken another year on this game.

Don't forget that the only reason Anthem was delayed according to EA was to give it a better launch window.

That said I don't think launch window matters for Anthem. The game's problem is not other games, it is itself.

Last edited:

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I don't play this game, but I have a question: Is there a direct link between spending money and getting better loot or crafting materials?

I don't play this game, but I have a question: Is there a direct link between spending money and getting better loot or crafting materials?

Not really, to even craft a masterwork you have to obtain that specific masterwork in game and then complete a challenge with specific item equipped that takes a good amount of time just to get the schematic to craft it. You can spend real money or in game currency for masterwork embers as crafting material mw's but the exchange rate is so bad it's not even worth it really. Better off just farming since it takes 15 mw embers to craft a MW. With crafting your mainly doing it just for the rolls.

Currently there's no way to craft legendary items which is still the best gear in game. All of them are obtained in game.

YayNJ

Banned
according to Origin, I've put 63 hours into Anthem so far.

at least 30 of those have been at level 30, and the greater difficulty levels that unlock at 30.

number of legendary drops - 0

according to Origin, I've put 63 hours into Anthem so far.

at least 30 of those have been at level 30, and the greater difficulty levels that unlock at 30.

number of legendary drops - 0

I'm at 3 legendaries now with 84, although I did get a legendary divine vengeance though and that thing freaking shreds even at GM2. It takes out armored enemies so fast. With my storm I can just freeze even legendary turrets and take them out shooting the weak point in one magazine.

YayNJ

Banned
I'm at 3 legendaries now with 84, although I did get a legendary divine vengeance though and that thing freaking shreds even at GM2. It takes out armored enemies so fast. With my storm I can just freeze even legendary turrets and take them out shooting the weak point in one magazine.

You're just rubbing salt in my wounds now!

CLBridges

Got my first legendary yesterday in a gm2 legendary contract. Was hoping for a weapon but no. Legendary upgrade to my MW acid darts on Ranger. The search continues...

snip

It's just lip service from Bioware imho.

"We marketed and showed you multiple times a completely different game we sold you. With bull shot gameplay trailers and live streams containing stuff that's not in the game. Please be nice now we have your money."

Also that first redditor's reply on that post saying "Thats a solid response" on a post that half of the answers are "I can't comment on this" and right after that goes straight to the REEEEE "Yah Gamers are Bad, I don't call myself a gamer" narrative. WTF?!?

All I see in that post,I can't comment, its not my area of expertise ,or I don't know about those things.Its like they're not even a team,and everyone is closed off in a bunker and nobody knows what the hell they are doing,sheesh. Whatever,I have The Division 2 now,I don't plan to return to this.

Top Bottom