• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anthem |OT| Fly, you fools!

You know part of the reason I got Anthem was because of how good Mass Effect 3's mp was which I loved. And it's just fucking bizzarre that I think ME3 mp by itself is a far superior product than Anthem. Even then I remembered ME3 mp being supported really well so I took a gander wondering if it was just nostalgia.

Okay while the MP is much smaller in scope obviously than Anthem, I think it's fair to say that ME3 deserves credit since it's a MP component for a game whose main focus in the SP campaign. People are buying ME3 for it being the conclusion of Shepherds trilogy, not for it's fucking MP. Remember all dlc for ME3 was free including map packs.

So in literally a month from ME3's release in March 2012 Bioware had already put out a free dlc pack in April, followed by other dlc releasing in May and June. Altogether this added 7 maps and 18 new playable characters including new races like Vorcha, Geth, and Krogans. Not too mention completely new unique weapons with their own unique models and traits.

It's fucking insane that the MP for ME3 had better content support and roadmap than Anthem which is only MP.

Not too mention ME3 MP was better designed, you had actual builds because of talents. The game kept you hooked and excited to play it, if you unlocked a N7 Fury or a Krogan Warlord you were like "oh shit I can't wait to try this out"

Also the progression was better, I got more Ultra Rares more frequently then I get legendaries with Anthem. Like how the fuck does a MP with a clear pay to win component with lootboxes give better loot than Anthem without lootboxes.

Everything just makes zero fucking sense.

So just a short question that maybe even varants an own thread: I explained to a friend what happened with the loot shower.

- Accidentally they increased loot drops
- people were having fun
-they reverted the changed
-people asked them to bring back the fun
-they said no
-(no punchline)

Have we reached the point where developers and publishers will even openly admit to keeping fun from players to increase their potential profits?

Raven117

Yeah...: I bounced off this as soon as I finished the main campaign. I had some fun, and there is a good game in there, but right now, the flaws are too big to ignore. It’s like the game actively fights you to stop having fun (and I’m not just talking about the loot drops)

Compare this with the division 2, and it becomes even more apparent. Division 2 might be the most slick looter shooter to be released yet on release day. (Destiny still has better pure gunplay, but division has its moments with the tactics).

So just a short question that maybe even varants an own thread: I explained to a friend what happened with the loot shower.

- Accidentally they increased loot drops
- people were having fun
-they reverted the changed
-people asked them to bring back the fun
-they said no
-(no punchline)

Have we reached the point where developers and publishers will even openly admit to keeping fun from players to increase their potential profits?
Not in this case,here is the issue of no endgame,so if you get more loot ,that means you'll get faster to max combat power,and then what are you gonna do?!there is nothing else to do with that max power,this is just a shell of a game,they fucked up.Form the start they should have made all masterworks and legendaries with different combat power,but no,all masterworks are 61,and legend 71,its dumb,right now Division 2 is a good example,you could get the same items at a different levels ,with different attributes, and you get vanity items in chests,in Athem you can only buy them.

Flintty

Loot feels a lot better today. I got 8 MWs in one GM1 run (spider boss one).

Still loving the game but having to divide my time up between this, WoW, Div2 and Diablo Switch. Not enough hours in the day!

I got 5 legendaries yesterday. Only one of them was good but It's so weird to get so many after getting nothing but purples and dupe MWs for weeks.

Warnen

Can he swing from a thread? Take a look overhead / Hey, there, there goes the Spider-Man
Been running the daily purple missions and a strong hold but my luck hasn’t changed. Still just one legendary. Might bump it up to GM2 but I like feeling like a god of death...

VertigoOA

Banned
Finally in end game. Took a week or two away from it since didn’t want risk damage to PS4 at the time... anyway

It definitely needed more strongholds at launch. If the endgame loop is just grinding out all activities for higher power lvl loot it at least needs more of what it has if not more unique activities.

The weapon and bonuses definitely pick up so that’s great to see the sandbox open up like that.

It still needs a shit ton of quality of life improvements. The respawn timer is a step in the right direction but they respawn you so far out that you get teleported again into the battle zone for double the loading.

I think it’s great but it’s clearly half baked. It basically launched with a third of the content as vanilla destiny. Strongholds ARE NOT anywhere near comparable to raids; strikes at best... it’s not somewhere in the middle.

Bonus: destiny ahead of anthem on Xbox live

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/most-played/games/xbox

Last edited:

Meccs

I just read this.

3DAcmhG.gif

Last edited:
Live stream on. Seems like some good changes. Legendary missions. Better boss drops (less purples). No loading for forge. Auto sorted consumables.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
So basically, "We are sorry our games sucks, but please don't go, there is more to come!"

Still being looked into/investigated
  • Javelins receiving Legendary/Masterwork components that fit in the wrong Javelin
  • Power scaling issues
  • New enemies and new story additions
  • Better in-game communication systems
  • A stats screen
  • Achievements not popping
  • Support gear Masterworks
  • SLI support
  • Increased inventory space
What a mess. Thanks for "looking into" finishing your game Bioware.

Last edited:

Meccs

So does the increased loot affect GM1 too this time? Because on the stream they played the patch at GM1 and only got shit and then the mission bugged out and they couldn't revive the NPC. This was another terrible showing in my opinion. The FoV sliders are nice though and I like the idea of legendary missions but if I continue to only get blues and purples I am not interested.

Those Elysian Caches aren't very well thought out. Actually they're fucking stupid. Sounds like you get screwed out of rewards if someone in the squad doesn't have a key. If EA is thinking of selling those keys then they're delusional if they think people will buy a key whose number of rewards are dependent on other people having those keys too.

Those Elysian Caches aren't very well thought out. Actually they're fucking stupid. Sounds like you get screwed out of rewards if someone in the squad doesn't have a key. If EA is thinking of selling those keys then they're delusional if they think people will buy a key whose number of rewards are dependent on other people having those keys too.

I think you only get screwed out of 'maximum efficiency,' right? You still get it all in the end.

I think you only get screwed out of 'maximum efficiency,' right? You still get it all in the end.
Would you actually want to waste your key in a run with less than max rewards? People won't think that they're getting more rewards compared to what they're getting now, they'll think they're just plain getting less rewards. The intention is obviously for the player to gather a set group with each member having keys but this is against the whole pick up and play mentality they were trying to promote as one of the reason there's no raids.

manfestival

I can't decide whether to keep my key for this game or to sell it off but it expires at the end of this month(got it for free with my graphics card). Does this game at all have a future or is Bioware hopelessly lost? I really wanted to get into the game but all of these fundamental flaws scared me into getting The Division 2

bilderberg

so what does power rating even mean? I've got a 46 Legendary marksman rifle and 46 power Legendary Assault Launcher which both do shit damage compared to the rest of my weapons and gear around power 26.

so what does power rating even mean? I've got a 46 Legendary marksman rifle and 46 power Legendary Assault Launcher which both do shit damage compared to the rest of my weapons and gear around power 26.

Unless this has changed since the Division 2 drop, anything that scales, scales off of the highest power you're wearing.

Arkage

Banned
I can't decide whether to keep my key for this game or to sell it off but it expires at the end of this month(got it for free with my graphics card). Does this game at all have a future or is Bioware hopelessly lost? I really wanted to get into the game but all of these fundamental flaws scared me into getting The Division 2

As someone who was very hopeful for Anthem, and who started the game really enjoying it, by the time I was halfway through I was getting really bored. And by the end of the campaign I decided to just quit rather than even wrap up sidequests or grind the end game. I hear the endgame is better in terms of gear drops and perks, but pretty much nothing exciting or interesting happens in terms of gear drops or quest objectives for the entirety of the campaign.

Last edited:
Players: Hey Bioware, when are new Javelin armours coming? There's no worthwhile loot in your looter shooter. Where are al those armours you showed 3 weeks before the game came out.

Bioware: Elysian chests coming soon where you can earn cool cosmetics.

** 1 week before elysian chests drop **
Bioware: Oh my bad, when you said armour I heard very cool vinyls, arrival animations, victory poses and emotes.

Tf Bioware, U wot m8?
S5nIul1.gif

VertigoOA

Banned
That’s nice. Had to shelve it again because the game either got stuck on a load screen or didn’t trigger the mission completion screen.

Bioware’s jank systems have finally reared their head. Their lack of polish has always been apparent but it’s more frustrating than fallout 76 when it comes to this shit... because at least with bethesda you expect crashes at first.

One month post release and disconnect issues still now, when the game is dead... is sad

Last edited:

Woo-Fu

Banned
So wait, the new armor sets that were supposed to be part of an upcoming feature---elysian caches---don't exist at all? Anthem, the gift that keeps on not giving.

Fwiw, the armor sets were never supposed to be part of the caches.

They actually said that during the live stream announcement. I had missed it, but someone corrected me.

(Don't mean this to defend the decision just that it's not a sudden turnaround.)

Mista

Banned
How’s the game after the recent patch? I really don’t care about anything if the garbage loot got fixed.

CLBridges

I really want this game to succeed just based on it being pve only, looter shooter and the gameplay is fun. But, so much QoL things are needed and that's in addition to it needs about 10x more content atm. They've already got my 60, so I'll see how it plays out.

All of my purple loot is dropping at level 38. Is that normal? I've done all of the story missions I think except the one that includes "do 100 events". I also am at 3d+ played with zero legendary drops :(.

Top Bottom