• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Antonio Brown cancelled

One move that could go down as a sleeper pickup is Shaq Barrett going to the Buccs on a one year - 5 mil contract

He didn’t get many snaps because he always had first round picks ahead of him (Shane Ray, Bradley Chubb, Von Miller) but he’s very good. He’s a very explosive edge rusher. Don’t be surprised if he’s a “out of nowhere” sensation next year

Frank Clark trades to the Chiefs, if I’m reading this right

Draft is coming up!

There’s been a sudden revert back to “Elway will draft a QB” after the conversation shifted to ILB or o-line once we acquired Flacco

Looks like he'll walk from the Raiders without earning a single penny because of the missed practices.
Hope his drama queen ass never plays another NFL down, would be extra hilarious to see him end up in the XFL or CFL.

demigod

I'm gonna go with this was planned all along. The Raiders gave up draft picks for him, now Patriots got him for free. Idiots should've suspended him first.

Jaxx_377

I'm gonna go with this was planned all along. The Raiders gave up draft picks for him, now Patriots got him for free. Idiots should've suspended him first.
Not just for free, based on his value if and when he signs elsewhere next year in free agency the patriots will recoup a 3rd round compensatory pick.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Looks like he'll walk from the Raiders without earning a single penny because of the missed practices.
Hope his drama queen ass never plays another NFL down, would be extra hilarious to see him end up in the XFL or CFL.

Looks like A.B. played you guys (especially people like you). He knew what he was doing for the most part and got what he wanted. Now he's playing with Tom Brady for a chance at a SuperBowl win, PLUS he got a raise! :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Jaxx_377

Looks like A.B. played you guys (especially people like you). He knew what he was doing for the most part and got what he wanted. Now he's playing with Tom Brady for a chance at a SuperBowl win, PLUS he got a raise! :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Not really a raise He will get 1 million base salary, 9 million in signing bonus and .5 million roster bonus which gives him 10.5 million. He only gets the other 4.5 million if he hit 105 catches, 1298 yards & 16 TD's. (1.5 Mil each).
and then it's only about equal to what he was going to get in Oakland this year anyway .

Where he really gets paid is if he plays nice in New England and performs well is when he hits Free Agency next year and since it will be his last long term contract he needs to do well in New England.

mckmas8808

Not really a raise He will get 1 million base salary, 9 million in signing bonus and .5 million roster bonus which gives him 10.5 million. He only gets the other 4.5 million if he hit 105 catches, 1298 yards & 16 TD's. (1.5 Mil each).
and then it's only about equal to what he was going to get in Oakland this year anyway .

Where he really gets paid is if he plays nice in New England and performs well is when he hits Free Agency next year and since it will be his last long term contract he needs to do well in New England.

Did you read about the 2nd year option money that the Pats are willing to give him? That's for $20 million guaranteed.

Jaxx_377

Did you read about the 2nd year option money that the Pats are willing to give him? That's for $20 million guaranteed.

Thats a false year they added to spread the cap hit over 2 years 6 mil this year and 4 next). They did the same thing with Darelle Revis a few years ago. If he is going to stay here after this Season they will restructure that number but most likely he is gone after this season and the pats will carry 4 mil in dead cap space next year.

mckmas8808

Thats a false year they added to spread the cap hit over 2 years 6 mil this year and 4 next). They did the same thing with Darelle Revis a few years ago. If he is going to stay here after this Season they will restructure that number but most likely he is gone after this season and the pats will carry 4 mil in dead cap space next year.

People forget that Revis also wanted a new contract with the Pats. It's not like the Pats tricked Revis and he didn't know what was happening. It was a negotiation and he choose to leave.

Jaxx_377

It will be the same with Antonio but I just don't think the pats will outbid other teams for him In in open market

Last edited:

mckmas8808

It will be the same with Antonio but I just don't think the pats will outbid other teams for him In in open market

Maybe or maybe not. But the funny part is, if they don't use that 2nd year option, they get a 3rd round pick back plus use him this season to probably win another Superbowl. And if AB wins a Superbowl, you better believe there will be 5 or more other contending teams wanting to offer him $20 million in new guaranteed money.

NickFire

Maybe or maybe not. But the funny part is, if they don't use that 2nd year option, they get a 3rd round pick back plus use him this season to probably win another Superbowl. And if AB wins a Superbowl, you better believe there will be 5 or more other contending teams wanting to offer him $20 million in new guaranteed money.
I'd say there's a very good chance they get one more SuperBowl ring, let him walk, and then BB uses the pick to draft TB's replacement. And then BB and Pats fans will drink the delicious tears of the other teams and their fans while winning more Superbowl's with another guy no one thought would be a starting QB.

mckmas8808

I'd say there's a very good chance they get one more SuperBowl ring, let him walk, and then BB uses the pick to draft TB's replacement. And then BB and Pats fans will drink the delicious tears of the other teams and their fans while winning more Superbowl's with another guy no one thought would be a starting QB.

You're probably right.

Uh oh

Lawsuit filed today, article claims there are text messages of him bragging about the second (of three) incidents (masturbating onto her back). Allegedly the first incident was exposing himself and kissing her, second incident was the couch incident previously described, and third incident was full on rape. (Again, allegedly)

Not trying to sound like I’m passing final judgment, keyword allegedly, just can’t believe the week this guy has had.

Edit

Last edited:

greyshark

Uh oh

Lawsuit filed today, article claims there are text messages of him bragging about the second (of three) incidents (masturbating onto her back). Allegedly the first incident was exposing himself and kissing her, second incident was the couch incident previously described, and third incident was full on rape.

Not trying to sound like I’m passing final judgment, keyword allegedly, just can’t believe the week this guy has had.

Edit

Wow - this saga just keeps taking more twists and turns. The NFL has to suspend him, right?

Jaxx_377

I hate to sound like this woman doesnt deserve her day in court if the sexual assault allegations are true but why is she suing him civilly instead of filing criminal charges and why speak up now only after he has been the spotlight lately. Both sides should just stop talking and let independent investors deal with proper investigation and hold whoever's is guilty accountable whether it be him for assault or her for false accusations

The timing of the lawsuit is definitely almost too opportune.

It’s definitely possible that this is a situation where they messed around a couple times and she made sure to keep those stupid as fuck text/emails (whatever they were) to frame them in worst light possible. AB doesn’t seem like the most savvy dude on the planet, I could see him as a pretty great target for being set up, especially considering his rise in notoriety (and large amount of guaranteed money recently secured).

I don’t want to be insensitive. I can also see a situation where the allegations are true. I dunno.

Dude is having one of the craziest weeks I can remember for an athlete.

mckmas8808

The timing of the lawsuit is definitely almost too opportune.

It’s definitely possible that this is a situation where they messed around a couple times and she made sure to keep those stupid as fuck text/emails (whatever they were) to frame them in worst light possible. AB doesn’t seem like the most savvy dude on the planet, I could see him as a pretty great target for being set up, especially considering his rise in notoriety (and large amount of guaranteed money recently secured).

I don’t want to be insensitive. I can also see a situation where the allegations are true. I dunno.

Dude is having one of the craziest weeks I can remember for an athlete.

AB makes it hard for people to believe him when things like this happen, because he doesn't care about his reputation normally. And this is why reputation matters. So far, this whole thing is smelly fishy and I'm inclined to think it's a setup. But time will tell. Why not go to the police? It's not like she was his live-in girlfriend or wife. She had no reason to protect him. A rape kit and an official police report would sure look good for her right about now.

2nd why now? Why not before the summer when he first went to the Raiders? 3rd.....those "emails" actually make me MORE likely to believe AB. Just because he called her a hoe and a bitch doesn't mean he raped her. What is her team thinking leaking those emails?

TheContact

Hmmmm....check this out! Looks like this could all be a setup.

That conversation looks sketchy as fuck. Brown looks like he's getting played. He needs to surround himself with people that know how to deal with these situations. None of us can 100% say whether they allegations are truthful or not, but based on the timing and her past history of her trying to extort him for money, she's likely looking for a handout. If it's true, that sucks all around for her and Brown, though he would deserve to lose everything is he raped someone, if it's false, the #metoo movement will take a huge hit. I hope it's the latter for the reasons that Brown didn't rape her and two, it's not always good to just believeallwomen for any accusation they make.

AB makes it hard for people to believe him when things like this happen, because he doesn't care about his reputation normally. And this is why reputation matters. So far, this whole thing is smelly fishy and I'm inclined to think it's a setup. But time will tell. Why not go to the police? It's not like she was his live-in girlfriend or wife. She had no reason to protect him. A rape kit and an official police report would sure look good for her right about now.

2nd why now? Why not before the summer when he first went to the Raiders? 3rd.....those "emails" actually make me MORE likely to believe AB. Just because he called her a hoe and a bitch doesn't mean he raped her. What is her team thinking leaking those emails?

She did go to the police. A rape kit won't prove anything because Brown is saying the sex was concentual, and a rape kit has to be done right away. Their sex, consensual or otherwise, occurred last year. The timing of this is really suspicious, though. A day after he joined the Pats? Why not when he got a huge deal with the Raiders? The latter seems like a better way to extort money. The former just seems like she's being used to nerf the Patriots.

Last edited:

mckmas8808

That conversation looks sketchy as fuck. Brown looks like he's getting played. He needs to surround himself with people that know how to deal with these situations. None of us can 100% say whether they allegations are truthful or not, but based on the timing and her past history of her trying to extort him for money, she's likely looking for a handout. If it's true, that sucks all around for her and Brown, though he would deserve to lose everything is he raped someone, if it's false, the #metoo movement will take a huge hit. I hope it's the latter for the reasons that Brown didn't rape her and two, it's not always good to just believeallwomen for any accusation they make.

She did go to the police. A rape kit won't prove anything because Brown is saying the sex was concentual, and a rape kit has to be done right away. Their sex, consensual or otherwise, occurred last year. The timing of this is really suspicious, though. A day after he joined the Pats? Why not when he got a huge deal with the Raiders? The latter seems like a better way to extort money. The former just seems like she's being used to nerf the Patriots.

- If she is lying the #metoo movement shouldn't take a hit at all. It doesn't need to have 100% true cases to exist.
- How do you know she went to the police? I haven't seen that information anywhere.

TheContact

- If she is lying the #metoo movement shouldn't take a hit at all. It doesn't need to have 100% true cases to exist.
- How do you know she went to the police? I haven't seen that information anywhere.

My mistake I thought she did. That makes it even less credible then.
Regarding the #metoo movement, generally everyone in that movement is in the camp of BelieveAllWomen, so if someone comes out to be proven false, it would hurt the reputation of believing all women. I'm not saying it shouldn't exist. Women do need to find empowerment to come out against their accusers as it's not always an easy thing to do.

--

Well this just got weirder:

Last edited:
1) he's a football player. part of his job is incurring brain damage.
2) if you are in sports, colleges see you as a financial asset and will look the other way wrt cheating

It's still amazing though. Don't know about the validity of the rape claims, but I do know that this is a good example of how the educational system is failing. How in the world can a country claim to be educating anyone if a grown man writes like that?

mckmas8808

Who the fuck writes like this? How in the world did this dude ever pass any classes in college?
It's still amazing though. Don't know about the validity of the rape claims, but I do know that this is a good example of how the educational system is failing. How in the world can a country claim to be educating anyone if a grown man writes like that?

It's sad to see people criticize his writing so much. It's short hand. EVERYBODY has been doing short hand typing in emails and text messages for years! Why all of a sudden are people acting shocked? I feel like it's 2005 all over again and having to explain what "LOL" means.

Last edited:
It's sad to see people criticize his writing so much. It's short hand. EVERYBODY has been doing short hand typing in emails and text messages for years! Why all of a sudden are people acting shocked? I feel like it's 2005 all over again and having to explain what "LOL" means.

It's sad that I pointed out how fucking incoherent and damn near illogical his emails were? "What u gone blast don't fucking write my phone lien bitch thought it was easy to get a come up" and "you failed at gymnast u a nobody" and frankly the whole fucking thing isn't "short hand typing", like this isn't fixed by writing formally. This is someone who can barely formulate a sentence.

It's sad that I pointed that out but it isn't sad that this individual has been through college? I'm not a native english speaker and God knows I speak portuguese poorly as well, so this isn't about grammar. This is about being damn close to irrational, put a fucking homo erectus on the spot and he probably comes up with a more eloquent message. Girl bad, Ugg good!

TheContact

so these events happened, it doesn't prove he didn't rape her but it does contradict her claims that they had a strictly professional relationship
(if you click the twitter there's a video of him in only his underwear with her sitting on the bed). that doesn't seem like a professional relationship.

NickFire

I have seen so many comments (on sports websites) about his writing style. Honestly, I think people just want to say something and are afraid to touch the substance. From my vantage point on the substance, this is one of the most shady public accusations I remember since our last SC justice was appointed. No indictment after this long (which means no credible police complaint), no immediate complaint, kept going back to him. Sure sounds like a money grab in my opinion.

Who the fuck writes like this? How in the world did this dude ever pass any classes in college?

One of the top tweets I have seen so far basically said “This whole situation really sheds light on Western Michigan’s academics.” (Where Brown “attended” classes)

It does appear that he, or whoever wrote those emails, is incapable of composing a compete sentence.

Edit

As for the situation itself, I believe he’s being scammed/extorted (whatever this is considered. I don’t think AB is a great dude, I think he’s a bit of a weirdo and most definitely a narcissist. I’m not a fan regardless of his immense talent on the field. That being said, after everything I’ve gathered so far, I don’t believe he raped anybody.

Last edited:

mckmas8808

It's sad that I pointed out how fucking incoherent and damn near illogical his emails were? "What u gone blast don't fucking write my phone lien bitch thought it was easy to get a come up" and "you failed at gymnast u a nobody" and frankly the whole fucking thing isn't "short hand typing", like this isn't fixed by writing formally. This is someone who can barely formulate a sentence.

It's sad that I pointed that out but it isn't sad that this individual has been through college? I'm not a native english speaker and God knows I speak portuguese poorly as well, so this isn't about grammar. This is about being damn close to irrational, put a fucking homo erectus on the spot and he probably comes up with a more eloquent message. Girl bad, Ugg good!

Have you heard him speak before? You wouldn't think they were the same person because he can speak properly. Maybe it's the culture I'm from but it was super easy to read the emails for me. But since you're not a native English speaker than makes sense that it's hard for you to makes sense of it.

so these events happened, it doesn't prove he didn't rape her but it does contradict her claims that they had a strictly professional relationship
(if you click the twitter there's a video of him in only his underwear with her sitting on the bed). that doesn't seem like a professional relationship.

MAN! This bout to get nasty! And she is getting married this week? Why wouldn't she just wait a few weeks until after her honeymoon or something?

One of the top tweets I have seen so far basically said “This whole situation really sheds light on Western Michigan’s academics.” (Where Brown “attended” classes)

It does appear that he, or whoever wrote those emails, is incapable of composing a compete sentence.

Some people type just like they talk. Like phonically sounding. The new generation do it all the time now that social media is the only thing they grew up knowing.

Last edited:
I have seen so many comments (on sports websites) about his writing style. Honestly, I think people just want to say something and are afraid to touch the substance. From my vantage point on the substance, this is one of the most shady public accusations I remember since our last SC justice was appointed. No indictment after this long (which means no credible police complaint), no immediate complaint, kept going back to him. Sure sounds like a money grab in my opinion.

Shady sexual assault accusations are sadly nothing new these days, but a public figure speaking like that to anyone is startling and downright appalling.

Have you heard him speak before? You wouldn't think they were the same person because he can speak properly. Maybe it's the culture I'm from but it was super easy to read the emails for me. But since you're not a native English speaker than makes sense that it's hard for you to makes sense of it.

Which makes me question the education. I don't think Antonio Brown is an idiot... Well, I do, but I thought so prior to reading these emails. If this was a random person that never got a chance of getting proper education then this would be a non-issue, but that's not it. Here in Brazil I went to college with A LOT of borderline illiterate people (and they graduated too!), so this isn't an indication of the american system. It feels like education is messed up worldwide, people are using it solely as a means of making money. Which is fine I guess, but it could be used for starting your career AND making sure you never muster up the phrase "make sure u all hoes pick the right man dum ass hoes" ever again.

mckmas8808

Which makes me question the education. I don't think Antonio Brown is an idiot... Well, I do, but I thought so prior to reading these emails. If this was a random person that never got a chance of getting proper education then this would be a non-issue, but that's not it. Here in Brazil I went to college with A LOT of borderline illiterate people (and they graduated too!), so this isn't an indication of the american system. It feels like education is messed up worldwide, people are using it solely as a means of making money. Which is fine I guess, but it could be used for starting your career AND making sure you never muster up the phrase "make sure u all hoes pick the right man dum ass hoes" ever again.

I guess the point I'm trying to make is people are smart and educated yet still type like that these days. At least in America they do. Like that last sentence LOL!!! The only thing that's out of place is the word "all" and the letter "u". Lets correct that sentence for AB.

"Make sure all u hoes pick the right man. Dum ass hoes"

Boom! Add 2 capital letters, a period, and a word switcharoo and it's super easy to understand.

I guess the point I'm trying to make is people are smart and educated yet still type like that these days. At least in America they do. Like that last sentence LOL!!! The only thing that's out of place is the word "all" and the letter "u". Lets correct that sentence for AB.

"Make sure all u hoes pick the right man. Dum ass hoes"

Boom! Add 2 capital letters, a period, and a word switcharoo and it's super easy to understand.

If you force yourself then yeah it's understandable, it's also excusable if he was drinking when he sent the email which is not something I considered when I first read it. Then again, I still think we should expect better from someone who received college tuition, it's like our standards have gotten lower and lower and the younger generations are coming out stupider and stupider.

mckmas8808

Jaxx_377

This makes me wonder if Bill wants to piss off the media and WANT Antonio Brown to play even more! Like is he designing a gameplan to make sure AB gets 10 catches for over 150 yards a 2 TDs just to spite the media. He seems to hate them and the league's front office.
Back when Bella check left Cleveland and came to New England the media crucified him and specifically one writer called him duplicitous pond scum based on how he dealt with the media in Cleveland since then he hasn't given them a single thing to use as far as "or any information and this hasn't changed in his 20 years here and It's not Going to. And just see you know if you're looking to the Boston globe to get any real information on anything going on in Boston sports They are the single worst source of information they are owned by the Red Sox who actively hate the New England Patriots

Top Bottom