• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Any gun owners lurking...

Tesseract

Banned
i just bought a fully kitted volquartsen scorpion, conceal carry it everywhere i go with a special holster

it's basically completely silent, fantastic holo optic, blinding flasher streamlight, multiple magazine reloads in the holster belt, is easy to take apart and clean

i have to carry a ccw and tax stamp with me to conceal carry it, but it's worth it

the .22 ammo makes it a great pistol to stop someone in their tracks without being unnecessarily fatal

best part about the streamlight is that it will blind you even during daylight

easily my favorite pistol right now

Last edited:
Just picked up a Taurus G2S for my new carry pistol. Yah, I know, the C has 12 rounds compared to my 7. But the local shop had 75 off it for some reason, and I couldn't resist that price.

Plus I'm tired of carrying my 45, damn thing is a damned brick in comparison. Plus to be honest, a 45 is overkill unless I plan on needing to take down a linebacker in full sprint.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
i just bought a fully kitted volquartsen scorpion, conceal carry it everywhere i go with a special holster

it's basically completely silent, fantastic holo optic, blinding flasher streamlight, multiple magazine reloads in the holster belt, is easy to take apart and clean

i have to carry a ccw and tax stamp with me to conceal carry it, but it's worth it

the .22 ammo makes it a great pistol to stop someone in their tracks without being unnecessarily fatal

How is that conceal? It is huge.

UltimaKilo

What’s the total price of the pistol, optic, light and silencer?

Also, what’s the holster you use with the suppressor?

Last edited:

LiamA

KJS9qwZ.jpg

I got the accessories for a neat thing I just bought. A neat thing that I won't be able to take home for a while...

TrainedRage

Banned
I may go buy a new firearm today. Trying to decide if I should build an AR myself, or go pre-built and modify from there. Suggestions?
Depends on how much money you want to spend and how much your time is worth. Personally I would go with a nice prebuilt. $1000-$1500 should net you a very decent gun. Accessories end up costing many people more than the gun itself. Focus on a nice scope and fore mount.

You could also buy a "bare bones" AR... If you want further customization without having to build the base yourself.

Last edited:

TaroYamada

You don't need to spend that much for a nice pre-built AR, I grabbed a Smith and Wesson M&P Sport II for around $600, I think they can still be had around that price point.

Last edited:

Durask

As far as AR rifles go, I am not sure whether there is that much of a difference between a cheap $600 AR and a $2500 AR - unless they guarantee sub MOA accuracy out of the box like this guy.

I've shot $2000 ARs with very very unimpressive accuracy

LiamA

AirwZbQ.jpg

uMDkkds.jpg

The Cool Thing I bought finally made it to my dealer. It's an RPB M11A1. Colloquially referred to as a MAC-11. It's a full auto .380 with a ridiculous rate of fire. Thankfully, there are aftermarket slowfire uppers and such that make it a lot more shootable.

hwalker84

Current toys

Pistol CZ SP-01 Tactical 9MM
Pistol FN Herstal FNX 45 Tactical .45 ACP
Pistol FN Herstal FNS 509 Tactical 9MM
Rifle FN Herstal SCAR 16S .223/5.56
Rifle FN Herstal SCAR 17S 7.62/.308
Pistol Glock 34 MOS 9MM
Pistol Glock 19 (Vickers) 9MM
Pistol Glock 17 9MM
Pistol Heckler & Koch Mark 23 .45 ACP
Pistol Heckler & Koch USP Compact .45 ACP
Pistol Heckler & Koch HK45 Tactical .45 ACP
Pistol Heckler & Koch VP9 LE 9MM
Pistol Heckler & Koch USP 9 Tactical LE 9MM
Rifle IWI Tavor SAR18 .223/5.56
SBR Kriss Vector Gen II 9MM
Shotgun Mossberg 590A1 Tactical Tri-Rail 12/20 Guage
SBR Palmetto State Armory MOE Shockwave Pistol Lower .223/5.56
Pistol Sig Sauer P365 9MM
Pistol Smith & Wesson M&P Shield 9MM
Pistol Springfield Armory TRP 1911 .45 ACP
Pistol Walther PPQ 45 .45 ACP
Pistol Walther PPQ M2 4 Inch 9MM
Pistol Walther PPQ M2 5 Inch 9MM
Shotgun Wilson Combat 870 Rob Haught 12/20 Guage
Rifle Ruger American 6.5 Creedmoor

Tesseract

Banned
randomly shooting my rifle outside at various targets, the ping of a bullet against metal never gets old

the smell of gas out of the chamber in the morning

Last edited:

Tesseract

Banned
tossed a couple flares near one of my targets, shooting while i shit post

kinda bored right now (only boring people get bored, i know)

Last edited:

SLUG_____

Neo Member
I used to own firearms but they were all lost in a tragic boating accident. They're all at the bottom of the sea now.

ccrruuxx

Neo Member
here's my 16" aero with my buddy's 3x magnifier in front of my DI Optical red dot (which is bulletproof).

I've since bought a sig 6x that I quite enjoy. I run it on my 7.5 with a CMMG .22 kit and binary trigger and snipe the shit out of jackrabbits with it.

wN8PXY9.jpg

qQPqKFJ.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom