• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Any gun owners lurking...

Spheyr

Banned
My Form 1 and Form 4 packet arrived with the ATF and I've been charged for my stamps, now I just have to wait ~8 months until they get to them to process.

Spheyr

Banned
O3YQoEP.jpg

Had a good range day the other day. Time to clean it all up!

Spheyr

Banned
vL5fy5P.jpg

Got some optics for that naked AR. Vortex Strikefire II red dot and the... jumble of letters 3x magnifier they make

brett_me

Neo Member
Got some optics for that naked AR. Vortex Strikefire II red dot and the... jumble of letters 3x magnifier they make
Idk if you've used the optic before, but it's awesome. I'd like to run a magnifier with it some day, but not while I'm running an A2 front probably.

Plus I don't want to re-boresight it once I move it forward.

Spheyr

Banned
Idk if you've used the optic before, but it's awesome. I'd like to run a magnifier with it some day, but not while I'm running an A2 front probably.

Plus I don't want to re-boresight it once I move it forward.
I got it sighted in and put another hundred or so rounds through it, great combo, especially since my eyes are crap.

LiamA

Nah. The goal was to make firearms that most people can afford, as the right to own guns crosses income brackets. If a Hi-Point is what someone can afford, then that's that. I'm not gonna look down on them.

Spheyr

Banned
Can we all agree that only thugs buy hi-point?
No, we can't. Don't be classist.

I own a Hi-Point carbine. It does the job of "goes bang and sends a bullet where it's aimed every time you pull the trigger" perfectly. Is it ugly? Yes. Is it cheaply made? Yes. Would I trust it to continue to function in a self-defense situation if it's taken care of well? P...probably? Maybe?

They're also backed by a lifetime warranty. You wear that fucker out and you send it to them and you basically get a fresh new one back.

Plus, I see one of these in a store and it's coming home with me:

lV0iHxa.jpg

brett_me

Neo Member
Nah. The goal was to make firearms that most people can afford, as the right to own guns crosses income brackets. If a Hi-Point is what someone can afford, then that's that. I'm not gonna look down on them.
I love this kind of attitude tbh. I fool on Hi Point guys (cause some of them make it too easy) but a gun is a gun, if it works when it's supposed to, and you can shoot it well then it does its job.

LiamA

HSsDKMq.jpg

Traded my Vepr 12 for a PPK yesterday. It looks to be a 1942-production with a police acceptance stamp.

ii4bGsG.jpg

I've always wanted a PPK, so this was a cool find. I didn't much care for the Vepr 12 and hadn't shot it in years.
The holster wouldn't quite shut right, so I looked inside and found this note shoved down inside:

XLqknC1.jpg

It was likely a war trophy, so this little guy had an interesting history.

TrainedRage

Banned
^------------------------- That's really cool. Why did you trade the shotgun? Just never used it? Looking for something to CC? I thing Semi auto shotguns with magazines are pretty cool.

LiamA

I don't have much interest in shotguns in general. I find pistols and rifles much more fun to shoot. I figured someone would enjoy the Vepr more than me. Always wanted a PPK, too.

Last edited:

Spheyr

Banned
LAHTMHP.jpg

Bought a new scope recently. Vortex Copperhead 4-12x44. Dunham's had them marked down to $119 since they're getting discontinued with a new line coming out.

I put the crappy old UTG scope I had on it on my 10/22, I'll have to sight it in properly next time I go to the range but it should be good enough for .22lr

brett_me

Neo Member
Vortex optics are rad; their mounts are a little odd looking, but they work perfect. Next long range rifle I get is having a Vortex variable on it.

Spheyr

Banned
Their .380s are good girl carry guns.
Everyone makes a .380 now, and with as compact as 9mm guns have gotten I wouldn't even put a Taurus .380 on my list of suggestions.

Apparently I didn't have enough time and resource intensive hobbies so I've added another.

BNnVMxLl.jpg

So far I have dies for .40, .223, .300BLK, and 9mm, and have successfully done a few batches of all of them (Well, I've done over a thousand rounds of 9mm because I shoot that the most, but I guess that's still just a "few batches" the way I shoot) using basic load info 'from the book'

This is actually an outdated photo as I've since added an articulated desk light and properly mounted my powder measure on an arm instead of clamping it down to the block, added more sorting bins, etc.

The only thing keeping me from spending hours a day in there is knowing that I only have so many materials and so much money to buy more, so once I run out I'm done for a while. Though I just got a package in with 6k .224" bullets to reload .223 and I'm waiting on 2500 cases I ordered, so I'm not exactly "low" on anything.... except maybe powder and primers for all of that

LiamA

2P14yJ5.jpg

hf1OdDD.jpg

Got me a 1920 commercial Luger over the weekend. I'm hoping to go out and shoot it tomorrow.

6lMdmIh.jpg

.30 Luger next to 9mm Luger.

LiamA

This poor, dead thread.
Nfhnr0I.jpg

I finally got my stamp approved for my PS90 and had a short barrel installed!

LgipibB.jpg

I'm going to have to do a little fitting to the rear sight to be able to install it, but here's a taste of what my Glock 17 looks like kitted out. A red dot on a pistol is really sweet.

Looking at a Ruger SP101 for no other reason than it looks like it can take an absolute beating. I pack with a Glock 29 and have for years but for some stupid reason I want to add a revolver and this looks like the one to abuse. Does anyone have first hand experience with this model?

TrainedRage

Banned

"if" I had a bump stock there is no way in hell I would turn it in or destroy it. How are they gonna check if im up at my cabin popping off rounds?
Im fine with banning them but they are being obtuse if they think people will get rid of the bump stocks they bought for hundreds of dollars.

This poor, dead thread.
Nfhnr0I.jpg

I finally got my stamp approved for my PS90 and had a short barrel installed!

LgipibB.jpg

I'm going to have to do a little fitting to the rear sight to be able to install it, but here's a taste of what my Glock 17 looks like kitted out. A red dot on a pistol is really sweet.

That PS90 is amazing. Well worth the wait i'm sure. Also how does that suppresser effect the quality of your sight?

LiamA

That PS90 is amazing. Well worth the wait i'm sure. Also how does that suppresser effect the quality of your sight?

It doesn't affect it much. If you shoot with both eyes open, you don't notice the suppressor or any potential oil/gunk blowback. It has its rear sight now:

DuICRdu.jpg

I'm probably going to get an aftermarket trigger for the Glock next.

MisterNoisy

P1iKyrs.jpg

That new pistol build I posted in November has now had a few hundred through it for function testing and I'm willing to declare it GTG. Added a handstop, optic and a few rail covers and I'm pretty happy with it. I financed the bulk of it by selling my FDE AR pistol to one of the RSOs at one of the ranges I frequent for a little less than what I had in it plus I kicked in a couple of FDE PMAGs - he's already run that one through a couple of carbine courses and wants me to let him know if I ever want to sell another AR.

Parts:

Ballistic Advantage 11.3" Hanson profile barrel w/pinned GB
Aero Precision upper (less FA), lower and 12" Atlas S-One handguard
Rise Armament NiB BCG + charging handle
Armaspec captive buffer assembly
BCM PNT pulled from the 16" rifle I posted earlier last year, which got a RA-140
SBA3 pistol brace
Strike Industries enhanced LPK, Fang trigger guard and rail covers
Magpul MOE K2 grip
KAK slimline flash can
Sig Romeo 3 reflex sight

Runs like a top and is just over 1 MOA off a cold barrel with Wolf Gold ammo. Not mad at all about this build, especially for what I paid for everything, Going to pull the trigger and replace it with another RA-140, because goddamn, that's a sweet trigger.

Last edited:

44Forever

P1iKyrs.jpg

That new pistol build I posted in November has now had a few hundred through it for function testing and I'm willing to declare it GTG. Added a handstop, optic and a few rail covers and I'm pretty happy with it. I financed the bulk of it by selling my FDE AR pistol to one of the RSOs at one of the ranges I frequent for a little less than what I had in it plus I kicked in a couple of FDE PMAGs - he's already run that one through a couple of carbine courses and wants me to let him know if I ever want to sell another AR.

Parts:

Ballistic Advantage 11.3" Hanson profile barrel w/pinned GB
Aero Precision upper (less FA), lower and 12" Atlas S-One handguard
Rise Armament NiB BCG + charging handle
Armaspec captive buffer assembly
BCM PNT pulled from the 16" rifle I posted earlier last year, which got a RA-140
SBA3 pistol brace
Strike Industries enhanced LPK, Fang trigger guard and rail covers
Magpul MOE K2 grip
KAK slimline flash can
Sig Romeo 3 reflex sight

Runs like a top and is just over 1 MOA off a cold barrel with Wolf Gold ammo. Not mad at all about this build, especially for what I paid for everything, Going to pull the trigger and replace it with another RA-140, because goddamn, that's a sweet trigger.
That build is scary close to the one I just finished! Same Hansen barrel, no FA Aero Upper and same SBA3 as well!

Mine has a Black Nitride BCG and Larue MBT trigger in it. Rails are Aero as well.

I haven't accuracy tested it yet, but by the sounds of it and since you have the same barrel, it should do very well there.

I do know it is 100% reliable and have just over 1000 rounds through it.

Too new to post a pic I think (or too unsmart), but here is a link to it... https://www.dropbox.com/s/a5poj0zoc9qbuci/fff.jpg?dl=0

Last edited:

MisterNoisy

That build is scary close to the one I just finished! Same Hansen barrel, no FA Aero Upper and same SBA3 as well!

Mine has a Black Nitride BCG and Larue MBT trigger in it. Rails are Aero as well.

I haven't accuracy tested it yet, but by the sounds of it and since you have the same barrel, it should do very well there.

I do know it is 100% reliable and have just over 1000 rounds through it.

Too new to post a pic I think (or too unsmart), but here is a link to it... https://www.dropbox.com/s/a5poj0zoc9qbuci/fff.jpg?dl=0

Ha! They really are functionally damn near identical. I love the way that little gun handles - super light and it balances right around the mag release.

What light are you running on yours? I don't think I've seen it before.

Last edited:

Forsete

2P14yJ5.jpg

hf1OdDD.jpg

Got me a 1920 commercial Luger over the weekend. I'm hoping to go out and shoot it tomorrow.

6lMdmIh.jpg

.30 Luger next to 9mm Luger.

Beautiful. Probably my dream pistol.

I know a guy who had a pristine WW2 Luger which he threw off a bridge. It was passed down to him.
He chucked it because he didn't have a licence for it (it was never registered anyway).

This happened before I knew him. Still hurts me knowing it is rusting away in the baltic sea. :messenger_persevering:

MisterNoisy

New toy:

qm8JRux.jpg

Savage B22 FVSR. The B-series guns are a huge improvement over the Mark II and 93, if only for the magazines that aren't complete turds. Trigger came from the factory set at two pounds and is just crazy good.

Ordering a Vortex FFP 4-16x to stick on it in place of the 3-9x placeholder on there now. LoP is a bit short for my tastes, so I'm also adding a slip-on buttpad to fix that, too.

Last edited:

Forsete

Recently got a new stock for my Tikka T3X (and a new bolt handle, from Norwegian Vertebrae. The regular stainless one which came with the rifle is too small and too slippery).

Love it. It is from PSE Composites, they make the stocks from carbon fiber.
zkm6is3.jpg

131 casings washed (ultrasonic) and waiting to be reloaded. :messenger_kissing_smiling:
HhPDWMf.jpg

Last edited:

MisterNoisy

Just took delivery of a M+M M10X. Wanted something that shoots cheap commie ammo while also being 'not just another AK':

UopoShw.jpg

Off to the range this weekend to zero and function test!

Just a shotgun (for the house) and a little 9mm (for carrying.) Nothing fancy. I would like to get a rifle, but other shit always seems to come up.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Any New York folks here who want to give me advice(aside from moving) on what my AR choices are. Or rather what the best option is? I know there are fixed mag and featureless designs, but are those my only options?

44Forever

Any New York folks here who want to give me advice(aside from moving) on what my AR choices are. Or rather what the best option is? I know there are fixed mag and featureless designs, but are those my only options?

I'm not in NY, but the little I have picked up from reading discussions is that supposedly the strict laws do not technically apply to AR pistols. So possibly going the pistol route with something like a SBA3 brace might allow you to have more wiggle room than otherwise. Keep an eye out for that as you figure out what you can and can't do. Good luck!

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
Top Bottom