• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anybody else get really nervous when you see somebody quoted you?

Do you get nervous when somebody quotes you?

• Total voters

brap

Banned
What if they think my post was stupid? What if they think I'm stupid? What if they try arguing when I don't want to argue? Do I have to look? Do I have to reply? If I look do I still have to reply? Idk. What about you fam?

Last edited:
What if they think my post was stupid? What if they think I'm stupid? What if they try arguing when I don't want to argue? Do I have to look? Do I have to reply? If I look do I still have to reply? Idk. What about you fam?

Your post is stupid, you are stupid, your argument is shit, LOOK AT ME, you better fucking reply.

TrainedRage

Banned
Pure unfettered joy. I live for those little red circles.

giphy.gif

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
No, but depending on the context of said conversation, I may not click on it right away to take a breathe or two, so I don't respond out of pure cognitive emotion.

Last edited:

Nelsin

Banned
I can't tell what threads are real and what is troll in gaf anymore....

Shai-Tan

Banned

Only political topics because I don't want to get pulled into a never-ending conversation or be thinking about it as I go about my day. I deleted my Reddit account and don't talk on Twitter to avoid getting worked up over topics the internet is abnormally obsessed about

edit: the solution here is to stop following notifications back if you don't have anything else to add to a thread. If you care that much about what was said in response you can peek and let them have the last word. Before notifications it was too annoying most of the time to wade in to see what was said in response anyway and you can infer no one else is doing it by how everything is about the last page or two

Last edited:

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I like turtles.

JimiNutz

Banned
No I get a deep sense of satisfaction and warmth.
"The humans are interacting with you Jim! This is magical"

Shaqazooloo

This is exactly how I feel honestly. I'm not good at debate and I think I can be pretty dumb with what I post. In general i'm very nervous about interacting with others even if it's online.

Kadayi

Banned

Rest assured Brap. Whether I quote you or not: -

giphy.gif

Sleep easy :messenger_sunglasses:

Airola

I get that feeling always immediately after pressing the send button. Don't need no quotes to feel bad and insecure about myself.

CuNi

After posting I usually refresh way to often in short succession and hope for someone to like my post before a quote to know that there is at least 1 soul out there sharing my opinion and I'm not alone against the whole thread..

S

slugbahr

Unconfirmed Member
I tend to second guess everything I post. Everything. I'm currently second guessing this as I write it :messenger_mr_smith_who_are_you_going_to_call:

That's why I rarely post and mainly lurk.

But you know, YOLO and all that... :messenger_horns:
748200.jpg

Flintty

I used to but not so much after the trash moved out. 9 times out of 10 it was someone strongly disagreeing and / or trying to bate you into a ban making it an overal unpleasant experience. It’s a lot better now though, not that I post much these days.

Not really. At least, not anymore.

I've taken myself to stop worrying about little Internet things and worry about bigger things that need my attention mroe.

Grinchy

Banned
Legit slightly triggered by these lmao.
This thread is 100% real from the heart.
Does this show up as getting 4 replies in your notifications? If it does, someone needs to get like your last 20 posts into one reply to really mess with you.

Antoon

Banned
Good question. I do get a little adrenaline rush when I see the 'quote notification', but same thing happens with likes I get here. Over the past 3 months since Ive been here, I got pretty addicted to those likes, same thing happened to me years ago on FB. It makes me check this place more often than I should, so I guess its time to turn off the notifications completely, since I already got 427 likes Im secured for now.

Grinchy

Banned
Good question. I do get a little adrenaline rush when I see the 'quote notification', but same thing happens with likes I get here. Over the past 3 months since Ive been here, I got pretty addicted to those likes, same thing happened to me years ago on FB. It makes me check this place more often than I should, so I guess its time to turn off the notifications completely, since I already got 427 likes Im secured for now.
This made me realize I have exactly 3,333 likes right now. The 3,333rd was given by @slugbahr. That's gonna go away so fast and then it'll take forever to get to 4,444.

edit - damn you, Kamina Kamina :pie_roffles::pie_roffles:

Last edited:

Barnabot

Sometimes good things can also come in form of compliments. Not every quote has to be something negative.

Top Bottom