• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anybody else get really nervous when you see somebody quoted you?

Do you get nervous when somebody quotes you?

• Total voters

-Minsc-

Nah, I get excited. Senpai noticed me!

Sometimes I can get apprehensive if I get on the idea someone may post a response I don't like. That's the response though, not the quote.

What if they think my post was stupid? What if they think I'm stupid? What if they try arguing when I don't want to argue?Do I have to look? Do I have to reply? If I look do I still have to reply? Idk. What about you fam?

Had that once when I made a joke and responded to the person stating it was. Sometimes people jump to conclusions.

There is one I just ignored since it was about something that has no facts to back it up with. Never sweat the small details as it isn't anything to get worked up on. :)

Some provide good advice though which is nice to read.

MilkyJoe

What if they think my post was stupid? What if they think I'm stupid? What if they try arguing when I don't want to argue? Do I have to look? Do I have to reply? If I look do I still have to reply? Idk. What about you fam?

Quoting to add to your anxiety.

Arkage

Banned
What if they think my post was stupid? What if they think I'm stupid? What if they try arguing when I don't want to argue? Do I have to look? Do I have to reply? If I look do I still have to reply? Idk. What about you fam?

I was thinking of making a thead about this, as I've turned off notifications for quoting me about a month ago. Too often I get wrapped up Internet Political Debate that in the end I find to be a waste of time. It doesn't help that I also feel compelled to have the last word in many instances, so I just keep going until the other person stops which can mean days-long back and forths. I began actually dreading logging in because of the notifications of a quote, which for my situation indicated I'd be sucked into typing a bunch of stuff for the next hour or two into some political debate in which nobody's minds would be changed. Since I'm a liberal that typically meant 80% of people quoting me were arguing with me per the dynamics of the daily users on the politics forum. Now I log in, see some notifications for "likes" which is nice, and move on. I'm no longer in it to win it, as nobody got time for that. Well, at least not me.

Last edited:

brap

Banned
Does this show up as getting 4 replies in your notifications? If it does, someone needs to get like your last 20 posts into one reply to really mess with you.
I get notified for every quote lol. Woke up to like 13 notifications and most of them were quotes from this thread.
Don't worry I have like notifications turned off :messenger_blowing_kiss:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
NGyjBFl.png

p042rc32.jpg

Looks like my Facebook one, lol. I never click on them, or hell, never use Facebook anymore for that matter.

I quoted you just to say you're stupid, and force you to argue about you not replying to my demanded argument lol.

Papa

Banned

hi brap

JimmyJones

Banned

The world is in a shit state when people are afraid to speak their minds. You can have your life ruined for one stupid post online, no wonder you are afraid.

Shifty

That in-poll self-callout :messenger_tears_of_joy:

And faintly. Part nervousness, part excitement I suppose? Kind of depends on the sort of content I'm expecting for a given post.

Last edited:

LMJ

Legit slightly triggered by these lmao.
This thread is 100% real from the heart.
I get notified for every quote lol. Woke up to like 13 notifications and most of them were quotes from this thread.
Don't worry I have like notifications turned off :messenger_blowing_kiss:
hi matthew

Look at what you made me do brap brap , I hope you're happy...

I hope you're happy at forcing my hand like this...:messenger_grinning_squinting:

Drake

I love it. I don't really write a lot of controversial stuff here, so like 99% of the quoted posts I get are positive/not bad.

S

slugbahr

Unconfirmed Member
I’ve had ones where I thought it was a clear joke, get quoted a million (exaggeration) times, because tone is so hard to read on the internet.

I find that you have to take it as it comes and don’t reply to everyone that quotes you, because some are just looking for a fight, and I’ve been sucked into that too many times.
Isn't it always the way... you try to plan for world domination, and someone comes along to distract the hell out of you and fucks your shit up :'(

Oh well - there's always tomorrow night!

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
no. but after a night of drinking and i see that red mark on the bell icon, it's like "uh oh"
Came here to say this.

The next day, I’m like “What the hell did I write last night?”, “24 notifications...oh shit.”

And then I remember what else I did on the internet that night...

While you're here, brap brap , what was the inspiration for your avatar? It's confused me ever since I started posting here. Bonus: As of yesterday, I now know that that bottom line is Trunks' chin and not his mouth, so he's smiling all of a sudden.

quickwhips

I enjoy the debate only sucks when I’m busy and can’t get back in a timely fashion.

D

Deleted member 738976

Unconfirmed Member
Nightmare fuel
The main reason Noboru was the first to be put on my ignore list.

I'm sure your a good poster and all... but I just really fucking hate seeing that face. Sorry I couldn't think of any other way to avoid looking at it. If there is a way to remove certain users avatars let me know.

Top Bottom