• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anybody else get really nervous when you see somebody quoted you?

Do you get nervous when somebody quotes you?

• Total voters

manfestival

What if they think my post was stupid? What if they think I'm stupid? What if they try arguing when I don't want to argue? Do I have to look? Do I have to reply? If I look do I still have to reply? Idk. What about you fam?
You brought this upon yourself

Jubenhimer

It's a mixed bag for me. Sometimes it's someone who agrees with my post. Sometimes its someone who tries to provide a constructive counter argument and depending on what it is, I may reply back.

HeadsUp7Up

This place is so laid back that I actually post now and try to actively engage with the community. Have no fears! We can speak like adults, disagree, and it’s not the end of the world.

Birdo

Banned
I get more nervous when someone mentions/tags me in a post.

It's like when you parent calls you by your full name.

I have no problem with anyone who disagrees with me or thinks I'm a slack-jawed moron. Everyone can think whatever they like.

I am sometimes energized by debate though. Many of my (strongest) views are formed through a lifetime of investigation, internally and externally, and I am happy to step in the proverbial ring for a bit of harmless sparring.

Nah.

If someone agrees or disagrees with me and it's a high quality post, I see it as good discussion.

If it's funny meme followup or jokw, I laugh and hit them with a lol response.

If it's obvious troll (which actually rarely happens here that much anymore), I just shrug and ignore the quote.

Last edited:

bronk

Banned
I don't. I'm pretty chill, take offense to almost nothing and never really get too opinionated. I mostly just wanna laugh and talk games.

Cunth

Fingerlickin' Good!
Nah i enjoy a good discussion as long as someone is not threatening my safety.
Have an ice day :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

gnrdhBc.jpg

Coolwhhip

Neophyte
Not here. When I was still ignorantly posting on the reee shithole, you knew you were in trouble if you got quoted and a soyboy alerted the soyboy mods.

ILLtown

No, I like it when someone quotes me. I'm not bothered if someone disagrees with me. Sometimes that's a good thing and it's made me shift my stance or I've learned something from it. Conversely, if someone just wants to call me names or insult me, I don't care. I can give as good as I get or just ignore them.

I don't know why anyone cares to be honest, unless literally every time you post, you have people calling you a piece of shit, in which case, maybe there is some truth to it, but who does that happen to?

I suffered with crippling anxiety for a few years when I was in my late teens to early 20s and it fucked up for a while, but ultimately, to move beyond that you need to start rationalising it and not attaching a ton of weight to someone disagreeing with you or calling you a nasty name on the internet. Some people are jerks. Be glad you're not one, instead of being upset that one has tried to interfere in your day.

RiccochetJ

Nah.

It's fun to find out if something you said is going to result in a continuation of the discussion, a debate, or a full on argument.

However... if you find yourself in that last one and decide to engage, remember to never take it personal and always try to not get yourself banned.

Be creative!

Don't be stubborn to the point where you get a ban.

But always understand that on GAF, sometimes you will get your ass handed to you much to the enjoyment of people reading that specific thread.

Of course that's never happened to me...

*cough*

Remember, no ban!

Top Bottom