• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone for free Lucasarts-style adventure games?

FnordChan

zak01.gif

A fan remake of Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders? Oh, hell yeah. Now, if only I could do battle with FileFront and get the goddamned file...

FnordChan

FnordChan

JackFrost2012 said:
FNORDCHAN WHO IS YOUR NEW AVATAR INTERROBANG STOP

Why, it's Agatha Heterodyne from Phil Foglio's current comic series Girl Genius.

gg9.FC.jpg

You can read the first issue online here. Hell, you can jump ahead and read issue nine if you like. And here's a short six page comic that gives you a feel for the whole thing. Issue 11 just came out, with the first three issues collected as Girl Genius: Agatha Heterodyne and the Beetleburg Clank:

ggcoll1.jpg

You can find more information over at Studio Foglio.

Er...not that any of that had a thing to do with LucasArts adventure games, but, golly, wouldn't a Girl Genius adventure game be something else? Meanwhile, we'll just have to wait for GURPS Girl Genius.

Edit: As always, Iapetus rocks.

FnordChan

My knowledge of Western comics has withered significantly ever since I became able to visit shops only once a year. HOWEVER! Two of my three biggest loves are 1) Neo-Victorian settings and 2) girls with glasses, so this comic looks hellaciously up my alley. (Number three is time travel and temporal paradoxes.)

In other news, I tried the Maniac Mansion update for about ten minutes and it's great! At last, my favorite LucasArts games brought up to 1992 standards! I REALLY wish they would grandfather in the NES character music, but you can't have everything.

P.S. 4) is old LucasArts adventure games!! look how on topic I am!!

FnordChan

JackFrost2012 said:
Two of my three biggest loves are 1) Neo-Victorian settings and 2) girls with glasses.

Mmmmm. Neo-Victorian girls with glasses. Yes, Girl Genius is going to be right up your alley- especially as the comic has been introducing a time travel angle...

FnordChan

In penance for not recognizing Agatha Heterodyne I present you with a picture of Crazy Jane:

crazyjane.jpg

Yay Crazy Jane!

Oh, also, I meant to mention what my Most Favoritest Book ever is and forgot. Given the three loves I listed, though, I think I'll leave deducing it as an exercise for the reader.

Top Bottom