• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apex Legends |OT| Have you seen Titanfall 3?

sol_bad

I can't understand how people can rage so hard at a game. I know it's a competitive FPS but it's not a tournament.

I play with a close friend of mine on PS4, we were both about level 4 and 7, we got matched with a guy that was leveled to mid 40's. After we choose our characters and he realises we are both low level the first thing he says on the mic was "oh fucking hell". My friend and I were on voice chat for FB messanger and we start laughing, it sounded like we had just ruined his whole day.

Last night (we are low-mid teens now) we got matched with someone much lower than us. We both got downed so we were crawling around like idiots and I was pinging the enemy that just killed us to let our 3rd member know. He came up to us trying to revive my friend and then he of course also got killed which ended our squad for the match.
I know that would make some people rage quit but my friend and I just cracked up laughing at how stupid the situation was.

Doczu

I have a theory that, in addition to the battle pass specific loot, part of the battle pass will give players loot boxes at every level. I hope I'm right.
Snekay EA. Make the people get a bazilion levels before releasing the battle pass so that they won't get too many levels, too fast and they'll still have to resort to microtransactions.
I can't understand how people can rage so hard at a game. I know it's a competitive FPS but it's not a tournament.
Yeah, about that. I have no problem with in-squad bitching when you play with your own buddies, but players that rage quit or throw f-bombs because something went south are just asses.

This game is so unpredicted, that you can't be mad that you got dropped in a place filled with scopes, stocks and shield recharges and got owned by a guy that went to the next building and left armed to the teeth.

But it's beautiful when you jump an armed dude with your sauad beat him to death cause you're unarmed and tea-bag the shit out of him.
... Yeah we're childish 😉

Tesseract

Banned
ding level 90, let me know if you have any questions you want answered

thousands of kills, sufficient mastery of every legend and weapon

also man what a beast of a source engine game this is, talk about pushing an engine to its limits

Last edited:

Helios

also man what a beast of a source engine game this is, talk about pushing an engine to its limits
Damn dude. Congrats. What character you play? What are your favorite weapons?

Doczu

What platform do you play it on?

Best weapon for short range, mid range and long range?

And yeah, game looks beautiful, never thought source had in it.

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
This game is trash as far as BRs go as it seems almost intentionally designed to punish you for getting into fights. The absurdly high ttk, high mobility and small map basically mean you are fucked the second you open fire. Even if you win the battle other teams will be there to kill before you can even heal.

Add to that horrible weapon balance and the worst net code in a BR yet (check battlenonsence videos) and I can't see myself putting anymore time in.

Back to pubg for me, hopefully bfv br is a better effort.

Last edited:

Shmunter

I play with a close friend of mine on PS4, we were both about level 4 and 7, we got matched with a guy that was leveled to mid 40's. After we choose our characters and he realises we are both low level the first thing he says on the mic was "oh fucking hell". My friend and I were on voice chat for FB messanger and we start laughing, it sounded like we had just ruined his whole day.

Last night (we are low-mid teens now) we got matched with someone much lower than us. We both got downed so we were crawling around like idiots and I was pinging the enemy that just killed us to let our 3rd member know. He came up to us trying to revive my friend and then he of course also got killed which ended our squad for the match.
I know that would make some people rage quit but my friend and I just cracked up laughing at how stupid the situation was.

I never say anything, but I too am too guilty of prejudice against Xmas n00bs. I’ve been playing for a while, and getting 2 starters matched up you know straight up the game is a write off. But I don’t lambast them for it. If they chat, it mitigates everything...asssuming they aren’t 10yo’s. But still civil to the end.

This game is trash as far as BRs go as it seems almost intentionally designed to punish you for getting into fights. The absurdly high ttk, high mobility and small map basically mean you are fucked the second you open fire. Even if you win the battle other teams will be there to kill before you can even heal.

Add to that horrible weapon balance and the worst net code in a BR yet (check battlenonsence videos) and I can't see myself putting anymore time in.

it's pretty funny that after complaining about the games technical shortcomings, you plan to go back to PUBG of all games. the BR game that is a complete fucking mess on the tech side has been since it launched in early access

Last edited:

Tesseract

Banned

learn to stow your weapon and run when necessary. learn to edge grab and slide like a maniac. use the environment to hide and heal if you get pushed down. loot fast, don't stand still. learn to climb like a ninja and scout the local zone for fights. learn to bunny hop, bunny hop heal.

the weapon balance is fantastic, among the best in any competitive fps i have played.

if instigating fights is punishing you, then you probably aren't positioning yourself right or ain't using your abilities correctly. or your aim sucks,

the game rewards aggressive and defensive play in equal measure.

use your nades, use your various pings. sometimes you must abandon a fight and recoup.

the ttk is pretty generous, only the kraber and mastiff ensure instadeath.

the netcode def needs a little work.

pubg is stiff and clunky as fuck compared to this, i cannot go back to it.

Apex's skill ceiling is incredibly high, it rewards a mesh of various playstyles but there's a lot of complex mechanics to master before you'll get good.

sol_bad

I never say anything, but I too am too guilty of prejudice against Xmas n00bs. I’ve been playing for a while, and getting 2 starters matched up you know straight up the game is a write off. But I don’t lambast them for it. If they chat, it mitigates everything...asssuming they aren’t 10yo’s. But still civil to the end.

I'm level 20 now, slowly getting higher and slowly getting better. Sometimes I panic in the heat of the moment and accidentally bring the map up on screen which screws me up. lol

I usually have more issues with higher level players though as they tend to run off on their own doing their own thing.

PSYGN

What I would change:

* Be able to shoot through the gaps in the stairs and fences (you can shoot through the gaps in the roof, though).
* Buff Mozambique some.
* Add half increments in sensitivity settings, and separate horizontal and vertical sensitivity.
* Prevent teammate's downed icon from blocking enemies.
* Remove spin-up time on the Havoc when shooting in auto mode.

Doczu

What I would change:

* Be able to shoot through the gaps in the stairs and fences (you can shoot through the gaps in the roof, though).
* Prevent teammate's downed icon from blocking enemies.
* Remove spin-up time on the Havoc when shooting in auto mode.

*I think you can do it already, i'm positive i was in a firefight inside in one of those wooden shacks, shooting through the stairs and hitting enemies. I maybe wrong due to the heat of battle.
*Yes, yes, yes.
*It doesn't have the spin-up when upgraded. Makes it kinda OP then.

Couldn't disagree more. Especially with how the game allows you to instantly max out your armor by picking up an enemy armor from their death crate. You win a fight, and seconds later you're at full armor, have loads more ammo, healing items, and your choice of two guns and / or all their attachments. This game constantly rewards you for playing aggressively.

Here's a solid flank from a video I was just watching that provides a nice example of this.

Last edited:
I was absolutely horrifically bad at this game but loved it so much I kept playing. I maybe had 20 or 30 kills total by the time I made it to level 20. Then I watched a youtube tips video on shooting fights, next match I was kill leader and we won, the match after that I had 8 kills (one teammate I had went down and I took out 3 squads who came in for the loot and saved him, we went on to win), and I've now been solid ever since. I even won a match that I had no squadmates at all and was solo the entire time taking out an entire 3-man squad camped in Runoff at the end.

Until then I didn't know anything about the badges, frames, poses, crafting materials. I just thought you had to pay for all that stuff. There seems to be a lot here that doesn't cost a dime.

My only hope is that they release a new map. I don't know why the battle royale games don't do that. Kings Canyon is great, but in 6 months, something new to spice up the holiday gaming season would be nice.

Shmunter

I was absolutely horrifically bad at this game but loved it so much I kept playing. I maybe had 20 or 30 kills total by the time I made it to level 20. Then I watched a youtube tips video on shooting fights, next match I was kill leader and we won, the match after that I had 8 kills (one teammate I had went down and I took out 3 squads who came in for the loot and saved him, we went on to win), and I've now been solid ever since. I even won a match that I had no squadmates at all and was solo the entire time taking out an entire 3-man squad camped in Runoff at the end.

Until then I didn't know anything about the badges, frames, poses, crafting materials. I just thought you had to pay for all that stuff. There seems to be a lot here that doesn't cost a dime.

My only hope is that they release a new map. I don't know why the battle royale games don't do that. Kings Canyon is great, but in 6 months, something new to spice up the holiday gaming season would be nice.
Haha, nice. Must’ve been some video. Do u have a link?

Alx

I think I'm starting to get slightly better too… now getting some frags doesn't feel like a pure strike of luck. :p
Being more offensive sure helps a lot, since your gear quality increases much faster. Also I'm starting to get the hang of Wraith, her tunnel can be quite fun as a support ability (but also a double-egded sword since anybody can use them).

Codes 208

If this is some kind of subtle humble brag plug I’m going to smack you with a fish.

Last edited:

I'd say its exacly the opposite, I love the ttk and high mobility. I was never any good at PUBG, specifically because of that, you loot for 20 mins, to get one shot killed by some random guy, on this game, everytime I get hit, theres time to prepare for the fight and use the abilities, and more often than not, I can actually win the fight and kill multiple enemies.

Greedings

I still instinctively try to wall run. And I’m always disappointed I can’t.

Still the movement is pretty good for a FPS.

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
it's pretty funny that after complaining about the games technical shortcomings, you plan to go back to PUBG of all games. the BR game that is a complete fucking mess on the tech side has been since it launched in early access

PUBG runs pretty good right now. I play on PS4 with the wife and it is fine other than lower than desired framerate.

learn to stow your weapon and run when necessary. learn to edge grab and slide like a maniac. use the environment to hide and heal if you get pushed down. loot fast, don't stand still. learn to climb like a ninja and scout the local zone for fights. learn to bunny hop, bunny hop heal. I do all these things....

the weapon balance is fantastic, among the best in any competitive fps i have played. LOL, wingman > all, ARs that start with 18 bullets, snipers are basically useless outside of triple take. Where is this game's Kar 98? Needs more one shot non-box items.

if instigating fights is punishing you, then you probably aren't positioning yourself right or ain't using your abilities correctly. or your aim sucks. Aim is fine (4.0ish k/d on battlefield and PUBG , the problem is third partying, hell we even do it to get easy kills. Just listen for a fight to start and then run over and kill whomever is still alive. Its dumb.

the game rewards aggressive and defensive play in equal measure. The high TTK rewards shotgun zerging and troll play with overpowered weapons like the Wingman.

use your nades, use your various pings. sometimes you must abandon a fight and recoup. LOL, you keep talking like I haven't put 40+ hours into this game...

the ttk is pretty generous, only the kraber and mastiff ensure instadeath. Which is why you have shotgun zerging and fights that last waaay too long. I shouldn't need more than one magazine with an assault rifle to kill someone. Hell 1 mag should be able to kill at least two of the three. But, In this game you can dump and entire magazine into somebody and they turn and kill you with a wingman or shotgun before you can switch to another weapon or reload. The only way to compete is to use a wingman or shotgun. In many ways this game has a lot of the same problems that fortnite has just for different reasons. Respawn uses the long ttk so casuals don't complain and leave because they die too fast without realizing how the long ttk hurts the game. BF5 just went through this and thankfully dice listened.

the netcode def needs a little work. A little work? Its twice as bad as blackout with is much worse than pubg. LOL, bias much?

pubg is stiff and clunky as fuck compared to this, i cannot go back to it. Yes, but at least I can flank some enemies and kill them with one magazine. Ohh, and I can be useful as a sniper. Gunplay is 1000x better in pubg even with its "crap performance" and clunkiness.

Apex's skill ceiling is incredibly high, it rewards a mesh of various playstyles but there's a lot of complex mechanics to master before you'll get good. Keep telling yourself that. There is zero depth to the guns, the hero abilities are crutches for casuals, and the map is so frustratingly small that it hurts the flow of games. This game will die faster than Blackout did.

Couldn't disagree more. Especially with how the game allows you to instantly max out your armor by picking up an enemy armor from their death crate. You win a fight, and seconds later you're at full armor, have loads more ammo, healing items, and your choice of two guns and / or all their attachments. This game constantly rewards you for playing aggressively. There are a lot of good things about Apex (UI, Looting, Theme, Movement) I agree. You can play aggressive in blackout and PUBG so I fail to see how Apex is any different.

Here's a solid flank from a video I was just watching that provides a nice example of this.

What is impressive about that? I took down a team of three by myself using the tall grass and wraiths abilities in the area south of array (guns were r301 and prowler with no mod). Took like 6 magazines worth of ammo and waaay too much time though. Maybe if they nerfed how fast you can get shields back (Double the cast time of everything). It wouldn't be so annoying. You have to understand I am used to taking on multiple enemies and winning. In this game if you don't have ways to play hide and seek (like my example above) you just get shotgun zerged and can't win a 1v3 because of the TTK.

I'd say its exacly the opposite, I love the ttk and high mobility. I was never any good at PUBG, specifically because of that, you loot for 20 mins, to get one shot killed by some random guy, on this game, everytime I get hit, theres time to prepare for the fight and use the abilities, and more often than not, I can actually win the fight and kill multiple enemies.
PUBG rewards tactics, situational awareness and high accuracy. If you lack those things then yes it can be a pain. You only loot for 20 mins in pubg if you are dropping away from the main areas which is a boring way to play the game. I routinely get 10-15 kills a game in pubg and the action only really luls late mid game as everyone hunkers down for the final push.

Most of my responses in bold. Also I play on PS4 so my experience may be different than those on PC since we can't control recoil as well as you mouse and keyboard users. I actually watch a lot of streamers and the PC version of Apex seems to play much better gunplay and ttk wise due to the mouse. I would probably enjoy the game just fine on my PC but my wife likes to play on ps4 so we play there.

Last edited:

Tesseract

Banned
I do all these things....

if you did all these things, you would have 10+ kill games with 2000 damage on the regular regardless of your weapons of choice

you would be a regular kill leader champion regardless of your weapons of choice

LOL, wingman > all, ARs that start with 18 bullets, snipers are basically useless outside of triple take. Where is this game's Kar 98? Needs more one shot non-box items.

why on earth do you want more one shot items in a battle royale? keep playing pubg if you want easy point and click one shots

tkraber = kar98, go hunt for drops if you wanna 360 noscope singleshot headshot people with your 500m+ snipes

Aim is fine (4.0ish k/d on battlefield and PUBG , the problem is third partying, hell we even do it to get easy kills. Just listen for a fight to start and then run over and kill whomever is still alive. Its dumb.

i don't understand what you're getting at here, you shouldn't be engaging in long fights without scouting your zone

and i dunno how you can say your aim is fine, complain about the wingman being overpowered and assault rifles lacking while still wanting for even stronger single shot sniper rifles

that is 100% bitch made

The high TTK rewards shotgun zerging and troll play with overpowered weapons like the Wingman.

ttk has always been a nonsense metric, explain yourself

if you're letting someone shotgun zerg you, that's a personal problem. i'm not sure what you mean by wingman trolling, expand please.

wingman whining makes me laugh because you want harder hitting snipers while the wingman is basically a fast firing halo sniper pistol

LOL, you keep talking like I haven't put 40+ hours into this game...

time played means very little, 40 hours is generally scrub tier tho

Which is why you have shotgun zerging and fights that last waaay too long. I shouldn't need more than one magazine with an assault rifle to kill someone. Hell 1 mag should be able to kill at least two of the three. But, In this game you can dump and entire magazine into somebody and they turn and kill you with a wingman or shotgun before you can switch to another weapon or reload. The only way to compete is to use a wingman or shotgun. In many ways this game has a lot of the same problems that fortnite has just for different reasons. Respawn uses the long ttk so casuals don't complain and leave because they die too fast without realizing how the long ttk hurts the game. BF5 just went through this and thankfully dice listened.

you don't need more than one magazine with an assault rifle to kill someone unless you are missing. i dunno what your accuracy is, guessing its < 30% / game. if you think the only way to compete is with a wingman or shotgun then boy i'd love to spectate your games

A little work? Its twice as bad as blackout with is much worse than pubg. LOL, bias much?

i said the netcode needs work, although in my experience it's not significantly worse than most source engine games

not sure how that's a biased perspective LOL

the client prediction needs tuning, and the frame interpolation

Yes, but at least I can flank some enemies and kill them with one magazine. Ohh, and I can be useful as a sniper. Gunplay is 1000x better in pubg even with its "crap performance" and clunkiness.
you can flank enemies and kill them with one magazine in apex legends, please get the fuck out with this nonsense

you can be dominate with a sniper

the kraber will instakill, the longbow and triple take will two shot, the scout will melt in three or four

Keep telling yourself that. There is zero depth to the guns, the hero abilities are crutches for casuals, and the map is so frustratingly small that it hurts the flow of games. This game will die faster than Blackout did.

i will keep telling myself that apex legends is a runaway success because that's what the statistics show, and LOL @ zero depth and casual crutch nonsense. lol @ game flow being poor because the map is too small, do you want to camp in a box or something?

tenor.gif

Last edited:

Why doesn't the dome shield work like it does in Desitny? I don't think it should be able to heal you or regenerate your body shield or whatever, but I do think it should give the people inside a ton of damage reduction. It should be next to impossible to kill a Gibraltar in his dome shield, but I also don't think it should be possible to fire your gun out of it either.

Or maybe instead of damage reduction, the dome could damage any enemies who step inside of it. Either of these things would mean you'd have the give the dome a longer cool down, though. Free res every 20 seconds or whatever wouldn't be balanced.

But something has to change, here. And yeah, do something about the hitbox.

Last edited:

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
Surprised the Apex thread here isn't getting more action.

I've been pretty addicted to it for the last week.

I've had three second place finishes today, all with me as the last one in my squad standing. It's too stressful when that happens. I just got out of the third one and I'm still shaky from the adrenaline. I managed to hide in a tiny sliver of ring up high against a full squad, and stupidly decided to start sniping one and gave away my position.

Didn't even get the kill.

I am still pretty bad (my FPS skills are rusty), but I am one hell of a cockroach and scavenger.

Last edited:

Woo-Fu

Banned
If you need a website to tell you the netcode is bad after playing hours of the game then the netcode really isn't that bad, is it?

People need to remember that there is a balance to be struck. Have I ever felt like I got shot after I was behind cover in this game? No. Have I felt that way in practically every other modern FPS shooter? Yes. That means my perception of the netcode is that it is doing its job spectacularly. And you know what? The perception is reality.

Last edited:
I watched this video. Going to follow his tips, especially using an "opener" and a "closer" weapon -- I've always been doing exactly what he says NOT to do, carry one close range weapon and one long range.

Switching weapons instead of reloading in the middle of a firefight has helped my game a lot. I'd also recommend this shotgun guide, when it comes to "finishing" weapons. Knowing you don't have to ADS with certain shotguns is very useful.

Last edited:

Greedings

I usually do a lot better if I ADS with shotguns. Not every shot mind, but at least a couple of openers.

I've also found that the Wingman is insane early game (it's pretty good at every stage, but it really shines early IMO). When no one has decent shields and some are missing helmets you can dominate if you find it fast.

Also, can someone explain why the Peacekeeper is considered better than the Eva? The Eva just fucking destroys people, sure it takes more shots but on console I win in Eva vs Peacekeeper fights 9 times out of 10 because I get more hits because I get more shots off than my opponent.

Shmunter

If you need a website to tell you the netcode is bad after playing hours of the game then the netcode really isn't that bad, is it?

People need to remember that there is a balance to be struck. Have I ever felt like I got shot after I was behind cover in this game? No. Have I felt that way in practically every other modern FPS shooter? Yes. That means my perception of the netcode is that it is doing its job spectacularly. And you know what? The perception is reality.

The higher time to kill is probably assisting the perception you describe. And indeed if a tree falls in the woods but there is no one there to hear it, does it make a sound?

Helios

https://www.pcgamesn.com/apex-legends-hitbox-changes?tw=pcgn_ne
According to extremely observational fans of the game, the hitbox areas for each character in Apex Legends can be incredibly off, or at least unfair. These fans have worked out that Wraith has the smallest hitbox, at just 33 square centimetres. While every character is bigger than her in some way, Lifelife and Bloodhound have only a 12% hitbox increase, whereas Pathfinder and Caustic are around twice as large – and poor Gibraltar players have to put up with a hitbox that’s a whopping 140% larger than Wraith’s, at 79 square centimetres. He’s significantly easier to hit than any other character.

The first fan to notice these hitbox issues was YouTuber SookieSpy, who posted a video titled ‘Apex Legends – Hitbox Issues‘, where he goes down the issues with some of the characters. While Legends like Wraith and Bloodhound have pretty tight hitboxes, so you can shoot pretty close to their character model and they won’t get hit, others aren’t so lucky. Pathfinder, for example, Sookiespy was able to shoot despite aiming in significant gaps – such between his legs.

Fortunately, Respawn has taken note of these issues. In today’s ‘Respawn Check-In’ community update, posted on Reddit, the team promise to look into the issue. “We are aware of the feedback around the hitbox differences between characters,” the update reads. “This is an area that definitely needs improvement and we will be addressing it in the future.”

Last edited:

Woo-Fu

Banned
The higher time to kill is probably assisting the perception you describe. And indeed if a tree falls in the woods but there is no one there to hear it, does it make a sound?

HIgher TTK is great too. It's a team game, not a Rambo simulator.

Knowing which guns to use, along with their strengths and weaknesses, is pretty important for learning a battle royale. For anyone just getting into this game, or interested in doing so, here's a pretty solid worst to best list for the weapons. I've watched a few weapon ranking videos on this game, and I agree with this one more than any others I've seen.

I started out with the intention of just posting the video, but then I thought I should post a list for people who don't want to watch the whole video. Then I had the idea to maybe post a brief description as to why each weapon got the ranking it did, and then that morphed into what I ended up with.

Also note that "attachment dependency" usually means either a "hop-up" weapon mod needs to be found before the weapon can be truly effective, or that a basic attachment is needed to make up for a particular weapon's general weakness.

It's also of course subjective, like everything else on this list. Feel free to share your own thoughts.

18) Mozambique Pistol (due to being horrible and nearly useless) - shotgun ammo
"Good" when you first land, for fighting enemies too far away to punch you, and that's about it. Low damage and only three shots per magazine means you should find a better weapon.

17) P-2020 Pistol (due to low damage) - light ammo
A standard semi-automatic pistol. Not a good gun. Of course, good teamwork can make any weapon usable. Well, maybe not the Mozambique.

16) Alternator SMG (due to low damage and somewhat high recoil) - light ammo
Great in Titanfall 2. Not so great here, but it can get much better with attachments. A solid weapon to grab when you first land, and a good backup weapon until a replacement can be found. Still, it's worth using if you like SMGs and can't find an R-99.

15) Devotion LMG (due to ammo limitation and attachment dependency) - energy ammo
Takes a moment to "spin up" to its full fire rate. A hop-up attachment can significantly reduce the spin-up speed. Energy ammo is rarest of the four ammo types, though, and this weapon goes through a lot of ammo. But if you do have the hop-up and the ammo supply, this can be a very strong weapon.

14) RE-45 Auto Pistol (due to low damage) - light ammo
Think of it as an automatic P-2020, or a pistol version of the R-99. Low damage, but a very fast fire. Like the alternator, it'll do until you find something better.

13) Prowler Burst Fire SMG (due to attachment dependency) - heavy ammo
A solid find in the early game, that can become even better with the select fire hop-up attachment, which turns the weapon into a fully automatic SMG.

12) Havoc Assault Rifle (due to ammo limitation and attachment dependency) - energy ammo
Similar to the devotion, it's a "spin-up" weapon with an attachment that eliminates spin-up. But an alternate hop-up for the Havoc can also be found that instead turns it into a sniper rifle. Energy ammo limitations still apply, though.

11) Flatline Assualt Rifle (due to attachment limitations and recoil) - heavy ammo
A strong rifle at close to mid range, it suffers from recoil issues beyond that. The weapon doesn't offer a barrel attachment either, so that recoil won't be getting better as you continue to loot. It is one of the only two fully automatic heavy ammo weapons, though you'd be better off with the other one.

10) Hemlock Burst Fire Rifle (due to being generally pretty average) - heavy ammo
A good weapon, although not everyone enjoys burst file rifles. Better accuracy than the Flatline, but missing your shots can be less forgiving. Unlike the Prowler, there isn't an attachment that turns the weapon fully automatic.

09) Triple Take Sniper (due to bullet spread and attachment dependency) - energy ammo
Fires three bullets at once, and you can get an attachment that reduces the bullet spread to almost nothing. Faster fire rate than the Longbow, with the con of less accuracy and reliability.

08) Longbow Sniper (due to slower fire rate) - heavy ammo
I'd suggest using the Longbow and the Triple Take in the firing range, to get an idea of your preference. Along with the Wingman, the Longbow can use a headshot damage hop-up, but the weapon's slow fire rate can make it a very poor choice for switching to when your primary weapon needs to be reloaded.

07) Eva-8 Auto Shotgun (due to less damage but faster fire rate) - shotgun ammo
The easier to use of the two main shotguns in Apex Legends, the Eva has a much faster fire rate than the Peacekeeper, although that comes at the expense of damage.

06) R-99 SMG (due to smaller clip size and attachment dependency) - light ammo
Pretty much the best SMG in the game. With a very fast fire rate, the R-99 tears through enemies up close. But the starting magazine can feel a little small, so you'll want to upgrade it. Great to pair with a shotgun for close engagements, or a rifle for a bit more distance.

05) G7 Scout Semi-Auto Rifle (due to fast fire rate and good long range potential) - light ammo
It's not a sniper rifle, but it's close. And unless you're going up against snipers, you'll be at an advantage in any long range fight. Also useful at the mid to short range, the G7 Scout is one of the most versatile weapons in the game.

04) Spitfire LMG (due to a large ammo capacity) - heavy ammo
Personally, if I'm going to use a sniper rifle, I want my other weapon to be a spitfire. It can be hard to always kill enemies with one clip in Apex Legends, and pulling out a slow-firing sniper rifle instead of reloading can be a bad idea. But the Spitfire is the exception to small magazines. The ammo capacity starts at big, and it only gets bigger with each heavy ammo magazine upgrade you find.

03) R-301 Rifle (due to strong versatility and easy to find ammo) - light ammo
Almost certainly the best light ammo gun in the game. Very strong at all but sniper and scout rifle ranges. Low recoil, good handling, lots of attachment options, and no real negatives to speak of.

02) Wingman Pistol (due to strong damage and potential for fast kills) - heavy ammo
By far the strongest pistol in the game. The Wingman does nearly as much damage as the Lowbow, but with a much faster fire rate. The precision damage hop-up attachment can make it even more powerful, able to kill an enemy in as few as two headshots. Not as easy to use as an R-301 or a Spitfire, but with higher skill comes a higher reward.

01) Peacekeeper Shotgun (due to strong damage and potential for fast kills) - shotgun ammo
The downside to the Peacekeeper is the slow fire rate, which means missing your shots can be fatal. The upside of the Peacekeeper is literally everything else. It's has the highest single shot damage potential of any standard weapon in the game. A hop-up attachment can be found that lets you charge the weapon for even more damage. The slow fire rate keeps you from burning through ammo. And it's just as effective when firing from the hip as it is when aiming down the sights.

Power weapon 02) Mastiff Shotgun (can only drop-mid game in supply drops) - special limited pre-loaded ammo
You need to aim the Mastiff, but when you do, the headshot multiplier makes this the strongest close range weapon in the game. The weapon fires in a horizontal line of bullets, and they tighten up significantly when you ADS.

Power weapon 01) Kraber Sniper (can only drop-mid game in supply drops) - special limited pre-loaded ammo
It kills people real good from real far away.

Last edited:

Boss Mog

The Prowler at 13 is ridiculous, even on its own it's pretty decent in burst mode, if you know how to aim. But with the select fire mod it's an absolute beast at close range especially if you have an extended mag, it just melts people.

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
if you did all these things, you would have 10+ kill games with 2000 damage on the regular regardless of your weapons of choice

you would be a regular kill leader champion regardless of your weapons of choice

why on earth do you want more one shot items in a battle royale? keep playing pubg if you want easy point and click one shots

tkraber = kar98, go hunt for drops if you wanna 360 noscope singleshot headshot people with your 500m+ snipes

i don't understand what you're getting at here, you shouldn't be engaging in long fights without scouting your zone

and i dunno how you can say your aim is fine, complain about the wingman being overpowered and assault rifles lacking while still wanting for even stronger single shot sniper rifles

that is 100% bitch made

ttk has always been a nonsense metric, explain yourself

if you're letting someone shotgun zerg you, that's a personal problem. i'm not sure what you mean by wingman trolling, expand please.

wingman whining makes me laugh because you want harder hitting snipers while the wingman is basically a fast firing halo sniper pistol

time played means very little, 40 hours is generally scrub tier tho

you don't need more than one magazine with an assault rifle to kill someone unless you are missing. i dunno what your accuracy is, guessing its < 30% / game. if you think the only way to compete is with a wingman or shotgun then boy i'd love to spectate your games

i said the netcode needs work, although in my experience it's not significantly worse than most source engine games

not sure how that's a biased perspective LOL

the client prediction needs tuning, and the frame interpolation

you can flank enemies and kill them with one magazine in apex legends, please get the fuck out with this nonsense

you can be dominate with a sniper

the kraber will instakill, the longbow and triple take will two shot, the scout will melt in three or four

i will keep telling myself that apex legends is a runaway success because that's what the statistics show, and LOL @ zero depth and casual crutch nonsense. lol @ game flow being poor because the map is too small, do you want to camp in a box or something?

tenor.gif

- I regularly get 10 kills a game, my average damage is around 1500ish.
- My highest kill count is 14
- I still think the high TTK is crap. Think of it has kills per mag if you must. I think FPS games should be at least 2 kills per mag. That isn't happening in this game against purple shielded enemies, or hell even blue!
- The high ttk, plus quick healing, extends fights so that other teams can traverse the tiny map to third or fourth party constantly. Winning a fight and dying instantly because two other teams ran over is not fun. Respawn needs to make the map larger or lower the ttk to keep third partying from being out of control.
- LOL, time played doesn't matter but is also scrub tier? You are so transparent.
- Sniper rifles that can one shot generally require skill. In this game the Kraber is the only one but it rarely spawns. Hell, I would compromise and ask for a bolt action that can 2 shot as long as one shot is a head shot.
- The wingman IS overpowered. I run around with it and hip fire my way to easy kills on ps4. Its more effective than the shotguns. It should not do as much damage, or more damage, than any of the DMRs.
- All DMRs need buffs to base damage. The longbow, with its low fire rate, should be able to 4 chest shot purple armor (or 3 shot if one is a head shot).

Also, if twitch is any indication this game is crashing faster than Blackout did. Fortnite is already back on top (3x the viewers), and Apex is only about twice the viewers of COD.

Last edited:
Fortnite is already back on top (3x the viewers), and Apex is only about twice the viewers of COD.

Fortnite literally just started a new season with a new battle pass, and COD started their new season last week, with a big map update, a new game type, and a bunch of new features. Meanwhile, Apex so far hasn't released their battle pass, or any new characters, or added any new features or game modes since it launched. Given all that, the fact that it's still beating COD seems pretty impressive to me.

You don't like the TTK. That's fine, but this game has near universal praise, and changing the TTK would upset a great deal of players who DO like the game the way it is. Besides, I know for a fact that Respawn does a lot of testing to find what works best for their games:

Greedings

It's so strange when some people hate a game so much they actively root for it to fail.

Just let people enjoy things you don't lmao.

I posted this a bit above as well. If accurate, I think this character will depend largely on details. If you can have two charges for the tactical, how quickly it charges, how quickly the passive restores your health, how quickly the launch pad charges, if your team can use it, how high it gets you into the air, and if you can glide after using it.

With the right settings, this could be a very fun set of powers.

TeamGhobad

Banned
I posted this a bit above as well. If accurate, I think this character will depend largely on details. If you can have two charges for the tactical, how quickly it charges, how quickly the passive restores your health, how quickly the launch pad charges, if your team can use it, how high it gets you into the air, and if you can glide after using it.

With the right settings, this could be a very fun set of powers.
in 1 on 1 shootout it will be a beast. that strafe will be unstoppable.

in 1 on 1 shootout it will be a beast. that strafe will be unstoppable.

I loved using stim with a nice hip-fire SMG in Titanfall 2, and 6 seconds is a while during a gunfight. Should be interesting to see how they balance the character. Well, at least if the leak turns out to be real, and not just a nicely made photoshop.

Last edited:

TeamGhobad

Banned
I loved using stim with a nice hip-fire SMG in Titanfall 2, and 6 seconds is a while during a gunfight. Should be interesting to see how they balance the character. Well, at least if the leak turns out to be real, and not just a nicely made photoshop.

huge delay before initiating the tactical like phase on wraith or even more. comes with 10% health penalty. we will see. but im sure respawn playtested the hell out of it, cause nerfing Legends is not going to be very popular.

EddieS

Neo Member
cool,
Step by step Guide For Apex Legends helped me a lot when I just started this game as a beginner. In Fact, I have gone through your post daily more than 10 times in process of learning.
thanks

Tesseract

Banned
Croatoan Croatoan

we'll have to agree to disagree on some points

removing the wingman's mag extension would be a sufficient nerf

and i'm all for 2-shot snipes, especially bolt action

Last edited:

Jigsaah

Level 100 (max lvl) Roughly 2000 kills on all characters combined.

I'm here to help. Roughly about 30-40 wins. Hard to track.

Top Bottom