• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple TV |OT|

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
it sounds like there is dynamic resolution scaling going on for LEGO. That doesn't sound like an entitlement issue.

This happened the first time I enabled the developer hud and started playing Dracula.. It started out 1080p, then over 2-5 seconds kept changing its resolution until it finally hit whatever res it was (3840x19something)

it sounds like there is dynamic resolution scaling going on for LEGO. That doesn't sound like an entitlement issue.

This happened the first time I enabled the developer hud and started playing Dracula.. It started out 1080p, then over 2-5 seconds kept changing its resolution until it finally hit whatever res it was (3840x19something)

Yeah but this caps at that resolution, never goes past. I've seen other movies do the same, but they always hit 4K very quickly. I've watched these movies for 10 minutes and they never go up

borghe

Yeah but this caps at that resolution, never goes past. I've seen other movies do the same, but they always hit 4K very quickly. I've watched these movies for 10 minutes and they never go up

that really sounds like a file issue. curious to hear about other transferred titles.

that really sounds like a file issue. curious to hear about other transferred titles.

None of my MA-gained 4K movies are playing in 4K. They always cap below. The Lego Movie, Mad Max Fury Road (!!!!! I was looking forward to this one the most), Life of Pi...

Edit: The Martian, Deadpool.... Anything I get off iTunes proper goes to 4K, anything I got from another service stops well before. This better be a glitch.

Edit: Spider-Man 2 as well. So that's WB, Fox, and Sony all doing the same thing.

kaskade

Posted this in the other thread but I figure it’d go better here since this is the Apple thread. My copy of Dark Knight didn’t seem to upgrade. it was an old SD copy and I don’t see it available in HD (at least on my iPad). It transferred to VUDU in HD though which is annoying. Unless it takes some time to do the upgrading.

My copy of Blade Runner The Final Cut didn’t move from iTunes to anything else, despite being MA compatible. I’m gonna wait a week for the servers to calm and disconnect and reconnect all my accounts to force a resync

borghe

ok, I am now officially in the camp of "I hope Apple changes the 4K to auto-switching formats"

SDR display in Dolby on 11.1 isn't god awful, but it is a quality drop.

More so is the constant switching between 24hz and 60hz. It's almost to the point where I am just going to start suffering with the 24hz UI. As I primarily watch video content it will mean much less switching overall..

all of this brought about because I just picked up a TCL P605... omg..... amazing TV. Only bummer is I have one Dolby movie (Guardians Vol. 2) that isn't on apple yet, so I am left using the TV's Roku app to watch that.. oh and left using the TV's YouTube app for HDR or 4K content on YouTube.

Clipse

Are the load times and UI significantly faster on the Apple TV 4K compared to the 4th gen? Wondering if it would be worth upgrading even though I don’t have a 4K television yet.

borghe

Are the load times and UI significantly faster on the Apple TV 4K compared to the 4th gen? Wondering if it would be worth upgrading even though I don’t have a 4K television yet.

no. unless there is some god tier AAA level game coming out that requires the A10X, there is no reason to upgrade from the 4th gen. I have a 4th gen in the bedroom that I haven't even given a second thought to upgrading it.

about the only thing that they even could do with the 4K (aside from said level of game) is give you 1080p24... but even that IMHO isn't worth $180 to upgrade (minus reselling your old one)

Quasar

no. unless there is some god tier AAA level game coming out that requires the A10X, there is no reason to upgrade from the 4th gen. I have a 4th gen in the bedroom that I haven't even given a second thought to upgrading it.

about the only thing that they even could do with the 4K (aside from said level of game) is give you 1080p24... but even that IMHO isn't worth $180 to upgrade (minus reselling your old one)

Well I’d upgrade if it it supported 24p and pass through of lossless dts and truehd. It’s the reason it’s relegated to secondary status and my Shield is default.

Anyone having WiFi slow down with the new Apple TV 4k?, sometime while streaming from Netflix or any other service it starts out fine but 10min into the show it would loose speed and the picture would go to crap, I would have to either wait and let it fix itself or have to close app and close everything and resume the app, sometime having to restart the Apple TV....wonder if this a OS bug...I even swap out the WiFi channel on my router to a less cluster channel

evia121

Banned
Apple tv has IR Receiver built in. Remote has IR output. If you apple tv remote isn't working then maybe it's not connect or maybe it's the problem of you tv but still don't worry and check the source maybe it will help you ...

Top Bottom