• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

i'm tired, the kind sleep don't fix

Tesseract

Banned
49539740_559923537857619_5158808372347484939_n.jpg

Imagine blood stained bed sheets in the background. Wolverine is watching a Jordan Peterson lecture. Meanwhile just miles away some zoomer has no idea he will be crowned the prom king this summer.

Last edited:
There's something about 2019 that has been exhausting, I know exactly how you feel, I've been finding it hard to focus on games, finding it hard to focus on anything that isn't just frittering away the time.

For years now we've been dealing with SJWs' bullshit and it's just so damn exhausting by this point, like enough already you fucks.

Tried sleep deprivation? I've heard it used as a way to help people who are depressed and low in energy to reset their inner clock. Basically, people will be kept awake for 48+ hours, and the idea is what the sleep they get after that will help them have more energy moving forward. It's really hard to make depressed and low energy people stay awake for that long.

lil puff

Could be depression or even lack of hydration.

I hate when I'm watching TV and feeling sleepy, eyes shutting...

As soon as I shut TV off and lay down, now fuck I can't sleep.

lil puff

Sometimes, when I can't sleep, I think it's better to just turn the TV back on or whatever and just stay up.

I'm more tired for the day if I fall asleep an hour before I need to wake up, rather than just staying up the entire time. Plus I think it gives me a better chance to be tired the next night.

One thing is, if you have a fast paced demanding job, it can be hard to shut your brain down for sleep. It's good to try to find something outside of your daily routine to trip your mind up, force your brain to work on something else for awhile.

CyberPanda

Banned
I'm drowning in student loan and medical debt

I'm riddled with painful injuries from various accidents

My mom and dad both have cancer, cannot afford treatment

My friends have moved on with wives and children and we barely speak

I have ptsd from pmc operations gone wrong

My computer recently took a shit and fried itself

I have cluster headaches and a collapsed jaw joint

My funds are barely getting me by

Multiple friends committed suicide this year

Was recently diagnosed with high functioning autism

My cat is dying

Various other issues I'd rather not discuss

Not throwing myself a pity party or anything, or asking for support, just laying out what's on my mind

2019 sucks
Im very sorry to hear all of this, and I’m sorry you are going through all that. I can’t imagine.😔. Sending you hugs.

Catphish

I'm drowning in student loan and medical debt

I'm riddled with painful injuries from various accidents

My mom and dad both have cancer, cannot afford treatment

My friends have moved on with wives and children and we barely speak

I have ptsd from pmc operations gone wrong

My computer recently took a shit and fried itself

I have cluster headaches and a collapsed jaw joint

My funds are barely getting me by

Multiple friends committed suicide this year

Was recently diagnosed with high functioning autism

My cat is dying

Various other issues I'd rather not discuss

Not throwing myself a pity party or anything, or asking for support, just laying out what's on my mind

2019 sucks
That's a lot of shit to deal with, brother. And I think it's an act of mercy, if not self-preservation, to allow yourself to let it go for a bit once in a while, if you can.

I lost my stepdad to cancer last week, and my mom to cancer on Mother's Day 2015. If you want to talk a bit about what you're going through, I'll be happy to listen. Well, not happy. You know what I mean.

You have a lot to deal with, but try not to give it more suffering than it deserves. Take care of yourself.

CyberPanda

Banned
That's a lot of shit to deal with, brother. And I think it's an act of mercy, if not self-preservation, to allow yourself to let it go for a bit once in a while, if you can.

I lost my stepdad to cancer last week, and my mom to cancer on Mother's Day 2015. If you want to talk a bit about what you're going through, I'll be happy to listen. Well, not happy. You know what I mean.

You have a lot to deal with, but try not to give it more suffering than it deserves. Take care of yourself.
I'm very sorry for your loss as well.

Tesseract

Banned
You told your doctor about your GAF account?

I kid. Sorry you have so damn much on your plate, Tesseract. We're here to shoot the shit with you, for whatever it's worth.

LOL

and thanks, shooting the shit is all a bro can ask for. thanks for listening!

Last edited:

Cato

Banned
i'm kinda burnt out on weed tbh, going sober for a few months

getting shredded out of my mind on a rowing machine like a psycho maniac

Get better my friend.
Until then, Ambien 9mg.
Grab a beer or two, put on your favorite episode of Simpsons. 15 minutes from the end of the show you pop the Ambien.

Bliss. Sleep well and wake up a new person.

Last edited:
Top Bottom