• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Are you a Darkie or a Light Supremacist?

What is your preference?

• Total voters

Nymphae

Banned
If light mode hurts your eyes, it is honestly time to turn a light on, and stop putting the goth in farnsgoth.

Dark themes are just inherently less harsh on eyes that are fixated on them for hours and hours every day, regardless of ambient light situations. That might help a bit if you're used to looking at things in a darkened room, but I sit at a computer all day in a brightly lit environment and have no issues with my eyes, but I feel like I get screen burn on my retinas looking at stark white windows all day, it's just too much.

Its an extension of the analog world using white paper with black ink, but translated to luminescent mediums, this becomes uncomfortable over long periods, we don't need to do this anymore. Dark mode is the future.

Last edited:

Mistake

I always used dark, but then I read some studies that light themes are better for your eyes because of how they focus, so I switched

Last edited:

Barnabot

5oqCoOH.jpg
Thats why avatars are important. Without that you don't even know who are you talking to on whatever subject do you think they're talking about because you can't see any text at all.

Tesseract

Banned
i had an intredastering experience with both themes while making the hawk thread

slate dark to transparent if you want things to be even, otherwise you sac negative space for overbrights

Last edited:

Tesseract

Banned
on the other hand, the new apex thread taught me to keep things simple and alter keystone language at your own leisure

it's wu tang clan, not wu tang club, guild, group, network, w/e

fuck you, respawn

Top Bottom