• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow S6 |OT| You know Diggle, I'm all out of island stories - Thursdays 9/8c

LETS GO AGAIN

giphy.gif

Vic_Viper

why is Diggle afraid to shoot his gun this season? I totally dont remember what could have caused this last season.

So if Dig dies, his son is left with a single parent and Ollie will come back to avenge him leaving Ollie to continue breaking promises with William.

That’s fucked up Ollie.

ZeroX03

"Next of Kin" Trailer
AV Club: B+

Good episode. This show is much better at making the "we need to talk" scenes happen more naturally. Black Arrow will last all of an episode and Diggle has major death flags flying but it's a nice little filler thing to do that makes sense in the context of Oliver as a father and Mayor. The scene where Oliver's immediate response to his son getting bullied was to tell him how to fight was so funny. Violent retribution is just second nature to him. Oliver realizing William was completely right was a nice little lightbulb moment. Curtis bringing up the money questions we all ask was good too.

Also Wild God is a feminist, of course.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
- Some good action scenes this week. The hostage rescue was dope
- "I'm a feminist like that." Lol
- This kid doesn't want to learn how to fight from a superhero? What a nerd
- I hope the doctor keeps showing up. She's very grounded
- "An abandoned shipyard doesn't seem like Anitoli's speed..." Yes it does. Warehouse, shipyard, same diff haha
- This is getting weird!

ZeroX03

I know we always talk about the superhero team up thing like "why don't the Avengers just call each other in their solo movies" blah blah blah

But honestly Oliver should just call Barry to come and say hi to William. "Hey kid, your dad is the best, he taught me how to be a hero!" Problem child solved.

- "An abandoned shipyard doesn't seem like Anitoli's speed..." Yes it does. Warehouse, shipyard, same diff haha

Anatoly doesn't like ships for a certain reason.

Their history is pretty funny. Anatoly cut him deep. What works about characters like Anatoly and Slade is that Oliver has a decade of history with them at this point. Plus the show keeps bringing them back. Flash could learn with building a world like that...

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I know we always talk about the superhero team up thing like "why don't the Avengers just call each other in their solo movies" blah blah blah

But honestly Oliver should just call Barry to come and say hi to William. "Hey kid, your dad is the best, he taught me how to be a hero!" Problem child solved.

Anatoly doesn't like ships for a certain reason.

Their history is pretty funny. What works about characters like Anatoly and Slade is that Oliver has a decade of history with them at this point. Plus the show keeps bringing them back. Flash could learn with building a world like that...

True, they all look the same to me though. lol

I don't like him being the bad guy now. I guess the bridge had to burn eventually. Oliver was abusing that Bratva connection when he came back to Star City

ZeroX03

9i2nk2ba5wsz.gif

True, they all look the same to me though. lol

I don't like him being the bad guy now. I guess the bridge had to burn eventually. Oliver was abusing that Bratva connection when he came back to Star City

It isn't nice him being the bad guy. But that's the compelling angle of it. You want them to be friends, and they can't bring themselves to kill each other but they've sure as hell gone in different directions.

Xenoboy

You know, because I am feminist is one of the best lines I've heard from this show. Wild Doge continues to impress.

Another good ep .
So far this season has not fall into any low points even with the kid.

It isn't nice him being the bad guy. But that's the compelling angle of it. You want them to be friends, and they can't bring themselves to kill each other but they've sure as hell gone in different directions.

Yep i really enjoy when Anatoly was telling him all the ways he can fuck him over but he does not because he is still honorable .

is it just me or is the kids acting really bad?

Well not really bad but bearable passable well at least for me.

strafer

Bet on the game William was playing at the end?

And kudos for finally having a normal gaming scene where they are not moving like crazy just to show they are playing a videogame.

Games like Ikaruga, I'd understand if they were moving around like crazy playing the game.But I'd love a fake-out in the old films/shows when they move like crazy and it cuts to reveal the characters playing Super Mario World or Oregon Trail.

Maffis

So Anatoly and his gang killed several security dudes before the kidnapping and then later he shoots the CEO in cold-blood, and Ollie still can't do anything to stop him, because friends forever, right? What the fuck. Letting a fucking serial killer go like that is just lousy writing, even if they have a past.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
With Diggle being the new GA and the whole injury from the island i'm now 100% certain
that he will die

So Anatoly and his gang killed several security dudes before the kidnapping and then later he shoots the CEO in cold-blood, and Ollie still can't do anything to stop him, because friends forever, right? What the fuck. Letting a fucking serial killer go like that is just lousy writing, even if they have a past.

That really has nothing to do with friends forever .
More like he knows so much about Oliver that it's a problem .
Who know if Anatoly has some sort of plan if Oliver kills him .

Top Bottom