• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ASUS Announces Pro OLED Panel: ProArt PQ22UC with 4K, HDR, 10-bit Panel

llien

If you were waiting for another OLED solution in the PC monitor space to enter the market, the ASUS ProArt PQ22UC may be answering part of your prayers. However, it likely doesn't fit your bill at all when it comes to affordability or choice of features for a gaming-centered solution. The ProArt PQ22UC features an OLED panel with 4K resolution, support for HDR, and a 10-bit panel for increased color reproduction. Aiding in color reproduction and accuracy for its professional aspirations is the fact that this monitor already comes factory-calibrated for a Delta E < 2 color accuracy rating.

The ASUS ProArt PQ22UC has an announced 1000000:1 contrast ratio (remember the pure blacks of OLED), 14-bit internal lookup table, and support for Gamma values of 2.6, 2.4, 2.2, 2.0, and 1.8. There's Micro HDMI and dual USB-CTM ports which support AC power input, data transfer speeds of up to 5 Gbps and 4K UHD output. Pricing? You'd rather not know it: it's going for €5.160,90 (Austrian retailer) or £4,699.00 in the UK.

d9TyFNTMMaeS6AvG.jpg

asus_pro_art_oled-678_678x452.png

TechPowerUp

22" 4k OLED monitor that costs more than 65" OLED 4k UHD Premium certified TV. Yay.
Seriously, why on earth can't we have affordable OLED monitors?

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
That’s expensive mate! I’m in the process of building a PC and those monitors are just too much. The ProArt is ugly and it looks like a damn iPad. Bad design

22" 4k OLED monitor that costs more than 65" OLED 4k UHD Premium certified TV. Yay.
Probably because these small sizes are not mass produced yet. Assuming those panels come from LG, they probably treat those 22" panels as "special order" and hence the price skyrockets.

Tarin02543

These panels are being produced on Joled's prototype factory line.

They are building a new factory which will mass produce these in 2020, so you will see better pricing by then.

Enjay

Banned
Cause they're selling these to the sucker video game enthusiast. The same type that spends $20 on a single fortnite skin.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I initially read this as "ATLUS" and I was real confused for a second. Also there are tons of monitors better suited for gaming than this will be.

I am sure it looks great but that's just too much coin for me.

At the moment I am happy with my 1440p Sammy 144hz gaming monitor (for PC), and my 4k LG monitor with "budget HDR" that looks pretty good (for my Pro). Both of those are 450 bucks or a little less.

For true HDR I still have my Q8FN which rocks my world as a gaming TV (still prefer monitors though).

I imagine when I want to upgrade to a true HDR gaming monitor in a year or two the prices will be more reasonable

Last edited:
Because they know high end PC gamers will pay for monitors and ram that lights up lol. Edit : nvm it's not for gaming...

I might pick up lg's new oled this year at BF - 2.1, 12ms input lag (previously only shitty tcl was this low) VRR - so basically next gen ready TV here, i'd imagine the 55 will cost almost a third of this monitor.

Last edited:
Top Bottom