• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BadLand Games/ BadLand Publishing steal from a disabled child and others, including Limited Run Games

Enjay

Banned
Please... check the full notice before comment anything. I hope you don´t find yourself in that situation.
I did and the referenced disaboed baby was only mentioned in the headline, the article itself speaks of complicated business dealings and shadyness between to gaming industry entities. If a disabled baby ('s parent(s)) was/were robbed (disabled babies don't usually carry/manage or have their own money) then that's a damn shame. I still however have some schadenfreude for Limited Run Games getting robbed for once.

Ozrimandias

Honestly, I did not understand anything about the situation, just a problem of payments between publisher and developer, in no specific article are a detail of why there is a robbery to a sick child, if it was, I as a parent would be furious and would be outraged. However it is not clear that statement, which leads me to another situation. The level of writing of some "journalists" of video games is depressing. They do not detail a news but rather a very basic chronicle of a situation with a high value charge and little detail.

Honestly, I did not understand anything about the situation, just a problem of payments between publisher and developer, in no specific article are a detail of why there is a robbery to a sick child, if it was, I as a parent would be furious and would be outraged. However it is not clear that statement, which leads me to another situation. The level of writing of some "journalists" of video games is depressing. They do not detail a news but rather a very basic chronicle of a situation with a high value charge and little detail.

aAh is easy, this notice is very important over Spain.

This guy spended all the money of develpers is his own silly things and he used the money of every developer to keep it for him.
So this is only one notice, but there are a lot of press and developers don´t pay it for Luis Quintans.

Later that he closed Badland Games with all the owe money that he spent and open BadLand Games Publishing to avoid the payments. But this guy leave to the new company with all the money of developers and press. They are still publishing games and not paying all the developers. They took all the money from developers sales and open a new company avoiding paying them.

There are a lot of devs in Spain in that situation.

Last edited:

Ozrimandias

aAh is easy, this notice is very important over Spain.

This guy spended all the money of develpers is his own silly things and he used the money of every developer to keep it for him.
So this is only one notice, but there are a lot of press and developers don´t pay it for Luis Quintans.

Later that he closed Badland Games with all the owe money that he spent and open BadLand Games Publishing to avoid the payments. But this guy leave to the new company with all the money of developers and press. They are still publishing games and not paying all the developers. They took all the money from developers sales and open a new company avoiding paying them.

There are a lot of devs in Spain in that situation.

Ok got it, very outrageous,.
But, where is the part when he robs a sick children, i mean, why .......

Ok got it, very outrageous,.
But, where is the part when he robs a sick children, i mean, why .......

Easy too.

When Luis made a Deal with Axiom Verge dev, Luis Quintans put it into the contract that the 75% of the revenues of BadLand will be for the child of the developer that has a rare sickness.

When the distribution was close, Luis Quintans suddenly hasn´t got money to produce the retail copies to Axiom guy. This was too dark but anyway, the developer took all his money from the bank (The child need the money to take care about his illness because I think It can´t be cured) and pay all the production of the product.

When they Axiom Verge asked about the money of the sales.... Luis disapeared as he did with a lot of developers he was working with.

But in the other side, Luis Quintans was asking for money for distribute the game around the world. Some distributors pay them in advance for get Axiom in retail... but they never saw the game, Luis disapeared again. He ran with the money and created another company called BadLand Games Publishing...

Ozrimandias

Easy too.

When Luis made a Deal with Axiom Verge dev, Luis Quintans put it into the contract that the 75% of the revenues of BadLand will be for the child of the developer that has a rare sickness.

When the distribution was close, Luis Quintans suddenly hasn´t got money to produce the retail copies to Axiom guy. This was too dark but anyway, the developer took all his money from the bank (The child need the money to take care about his illness because I think It can´t be cured) and pay all the production of the product.

When they Axiom Verge asked about the money of the sales.... Luis disapeared as he did with a lot of developers he was working with.

But in the other side, Luis Quintans was asking for money for distribute the game around the world. Some distributors pay them in advance for get Axiom in retail... but they never saw the game, Luis disapeared again. He ran with the money and created another company called BadLand Games Publishing...

The amount of detail that you describe was not present in any of the articles that you share......
Thanks.
What a cheap piece of crap that Luis is uh.....

The amount of detail that you describe was not present in any of the articles that you share......
Thanks.
What a cheap piece of crap that Luis is uh.....

Is nothing mate, maybe I don´t share the right links. I had read so much about this and have a lot of friends involved in this shit.

its a shitty way to create fake drought to push your product. And i won't be a part of that shit.
I consider their games not official. and so should more collectors do.
Mmm I think they are a good collectors choice when they bring us good stuff. And sure the gone wrong with numbers with the product is shit as you said.
I this case, action Verge is a cool game. I think they will have losses when they publish bad stuff.

Top Bottom