• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Firestorm Leak video

cryptoadam

Banned
http://eaassets-a.akamaihd.net/batt...BFV_SPARTA_Tutorials_FIRESTORM_ENG_WW_v2.webm

Still up for now.

This looks good, and actually pisses me off even more because a lot of these features would have been cool in the base game.

color me interested in Firestorm even though I am not a huge fan of BR games. Problem is that its not free like APEX legends or Fortnite so its going to be a tough sell to get people to buy BF just for the BR mode.

I am excited though, and helicopters!

Here is a trailer

And Westie

Jackfrags

Might as well make this the OT since it launches tomorrow.

I don't know how to change the title can a mod change this to Firestorm OT?

Last edited:

DonF

Looks great, ill try it since I own BF V already, but its so hard to leave Apex. Love that game!

cryptoadam

Banned
I think if this was f2p and seperate it would have a chance to be a big hit.

But coming out months after the base game, and not being free its going to have an up hill battle.

Calibos

EA competing against itself.
I don't see this becoming popular at all.

All depends on how it feels.

It looks like it might scratch that more realistic PubG itch, and I think it will do well within the BF community. A BR with destructible environments is something we haven't been able to experience yet and could be a pretty cool selling point. That being said, I don't think it will gain the momentum that each of the major BRs did before it. It's not F2P as of right now which hurts it.

I can't wait to test it out. Love the BR variety we have now.

MDSLKTR

I've been playing BFV non stop for a while now, so if the BR mode doesn't click for me on this one then the concept is completly lost on me.

dorkimoe

I am still eager to try this. I don't play much of the game at all anymore but this should be fun. Really hope they have unlockables and level ups like apex. Needs to have a purpose

cryptoadam

Banned
I am still eager to try this. I don't play much of the game at all anymore but this should be fun. Really hope they have unlockables and level ups like apex. Needs to have a purpose

rumor has it it will have its own ranking system. So I think you will rank up but not sure about unlockables.

Though the map seems to have different objectives and safes where you can find weapons/vehicles so that might be considered unlockables?

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
EA competing against itself.
I don't see this becoming popular at all.
This is going to compete against PUBG not Apex... It has a low ttk like the base game and is designed for BF lovers.

rumor has it it will have its own ranking system. So I think you will rank up but not sure about unlockables.

Though the map seems to have different objectives and safes where you can find weapons/vehicles so that might be considered unlockables?
Also, rumor has it that Firestorm will support Solo, Duos, and Squads

Last edited:
Right i've got 2 issues.

Issue 1: BR.
Issue 2: I really hate this guys voice, it grates my fucking soul... stop using him (director?) and get a decent voice guy in.

Woo-Fu

Banned
So I guess that rumor about squad-only with each squad having their own tank was BS or they've changed it up since then.

cryptoadam

Banned
This is going to compete against PUBG not Apex... It has a low ttk like the base game and is designed for BF lovers.

Also, rumor has it that Firestorm will support Solo, Duos, and Squads

confirmed in the video.

Jackfrags had a video yesterday and everything he said matches up with what was in this video.

This looks more like battlefield than the past several full releases.

Vehicles on maps.
Not being spammed with explosions or funneled down COD sized corridors.
No infinitely respawning assholes appearing out of thin air.
Resources gained from the environment.

Take this map and gameplay, bump the player count, add a commander class and then ape Planetside 2's dynamic frontlines and you'd have what Battlefield should have been spending the last ten years building towards instead of the ever dumber, ever streamlined, respawning instant action whackamole, unlocks chasing COD wannabe its turned into.

Look at that imaginary helicopter at 00:30

300px-Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg

Last edited:

-MD-

What's the TTK like? If it's even remotely like the base game it's DOA.

(game) launch was (insert number) months ago and it still is not technically fully released...

This is the industry now, a game being feature complete at launch would be a real news story.

Last edited:

Woo-Fu

Banned
and the million dollar question is why isn't it f2p?
The same reason Control Point, Rush(i don't know if bfv actually has rush, lol) and Grand Operations aren't free to play. It's just another mode to play in BFV.

That said, I think it is just a matter of time before we see some games like this go free to play from day one, relying entirely on not-so-microtransactions for their profitability.

Last edited:

cryptoadam

Banned
My favourite part of Fortnite for the limited time I played was searching the map and finding loot. The shooting part was kinda boring to me especially the part where you don't see someone for 10 minutes and then bam your dead.

So I am interested in scavaging the open world and finding loot. The BF gameplay, vehicles, weapons, destruction, and score streaks seems like there might be some fun before I did on my first encounter LOL.

I bet the map has some great sniping spots, but them boom someone will drop a V-1 on you.

baphomet

They couldn't have mishandled this any worse than did.

The handful of people I knew who were even playing BFV quit months ago.

cryptoadam

Banned
Updated the OP, and might as well have this be the OT to Firestorm.

less than 24 hours away.

My hype levels are pretty up there and I feel like I need something new in BF.

I have to say though I am more excited about the new map and I hope that DICE decides to bless us with some free content by re using the map by plopping down some game modes onto the giant map. If its 10x the size of Hamada they can probably get 12-15 different maps out of it.

So far so good. The effect of the firestorm is pretty damned convincing and gives you a real sense of urgency.

The mode feels a lot like PUBG but with a hell of a lot more cues and simplified inventory management. And about a millions coats of additional polish. Don't see myself bothering with either PUBG or other modes in BFV.

Murdoch

So far so good. The effect of the firestorm is pretty damned convincing and gives you a real sense of urgency.

The mode feels a lot like PUBG but with a hell of a lot more cues and simplified inventory management. And about a millions coats of additional polish. Don't see myself bothering with either PUBG or other modes in BFV.

Pretty much identical to my sentiments. It's a polished PubG with a very quick TTK.

I don't think Apex and BFV Firestorm can be compared aside from the fact they are in the same genre. The pace is just too different.

So yeah

Positives:
- Nice map
- BFV gameplay lends itself well to BR
- multiple modes, solo, squad, etc

Negatives:
- footsteps are ridiculously loud
- looting is clunky as fuck (especially after someone dies and all the shit is on the floor)
- Ping just isnt as good as Apexs ping
- going through inventory is clunky
- leveling up and ranking systems sucks

edit: just like everything else dice do, itll take 5 months of patches for it to be at the level it should be at.

Last edited:

MDSLKTR

Is the ranking system, assignments and cosmetic customisations the same across all the multiplayer, or is the BR mode its separate thing?

Top Bottom