• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield V |OT| EA (doesn't) want YOU!

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
This game has killed any desire for me and my squad buddies to play blackout (and this game has no BR!). BFV shooting >>>>>>>> BO4 shooting. Just hope tomorrows patch fixes the major issues and they get that BR out as a beta sooner than later.
Outside of scale and game modes Battlefield is largely still catching up to COD in many regards, (character/unit equipment, gun camouflages, CODWW2 just had a firing practice range etc.)

I have enjoyed every battlefield there is, and I dont plan on stopping, the vaulting animation has me ripping my face off regularly though, perhaps I should see a dr for that.

Last edited:

JORMBO

Darkness no more

In Battlefield V's live service, Tides of War, new experiences, evolving gameplay, and an expanding world will be available for all players – every chapter brings a new battlefield. Free to download for all Battlefield V players, Chapter 1: Overture brings a new map, a fresh untold War Story, and rich rewards as you progress through different challenges. The Last Tiger, a new single-player War Story, lets you join the German crew of a Tiger I tank, operating a near-indestructible vehicle in an unwinnable battle on the homeland’s borders. Chapter 1 also brings the Panzerstorm map to Battlefield V multiplayer. Clash with the steel beasts of World War 2 on the Belgian countryside’s rolling hills on this vehicle-based fighting ground. Also coming in Chapter 1: the Practice Range, vehicle customization, and new Chapter progression rewards.

Last edited:

EDMIX

Ya BFBC3 would be in name only. Actually funny how when BFBC2 came out everyone said it wasn't a real BF game because its lower player count and focus on Rush, and now its look back on so fondly. You can't really capture the magic from back then and a lot of it is rose colored glasses.

Vietnam was a great expansion. DLC before DLC LOL. It would be neat if they did another expansion like that. Was well priced as well and good value. Loved blowing up those little hut houses and the flame thrower.

Same. I notice that too. Its why I mostly ignore those that always have that "last REAL BF was" etc lol

I recall that game getting massive hate at the time, talking about how it wasn't a real BF, didn't have prone, lower player count etc.

EDMIX

I play on PC and just do the auto join instead of manually trying to find a game. Works great.

I'm playing on PS4 and have no issue finding a full game. Have about 30 hours in so far. Only issue I have is when leaving a match it stays on this loading screen a few times.

I have had no issues in game like in gameplay and no issues finding a full match (so far)

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Ran into and issue today where someone that tried to revive me died. I couldn’t respawn or do anything the rest of the match but lay there dead. The match was almost over so I just waited it out.

In Battlefield V's live service, Tides of War, new experiences, evolving gameplay, and an expanding world will be available for all players – every chapter brings a new battlefield. Free to download for all Battlefield V players, Chapter 1: Overture brings a new map, a fresh untold War Story, and rich rewards as you progress through different challenges. The Last Tiger, a new single-player War Story, lets you join the German crew of a Tiger I tank, operating a near-indestructible vehicle in an unwinnable battle on the homeland’s borders. Chapter 1 also brings the Panzerstorm map to Battlefield V multiplayer. Clash with the steel beasts of World War 2 on the Belgian countryside’s rolling hills on this vehicle-based fighting ground. Also coming in Chapter 1: the Practice Range, vehicle customization, and new Chapter progression rewards.

looking at the roadmap, so we are only getting 1 new map and firestorm? Man we need maps, bad!!!!

INC

Even a patch being delayed now........wtf is happening to rice

This game won't last 6 months, lack of maps and content is already killing this game, game modes are either broken or just bad, or completely missing

It's tragic because the core gunplay, squad play, moment to moment experience is solid

This game needed another 6 months minimum to even be close to ready

Racer!

This game won't last 6 months, lack of maps and content is already killing this game, game modes are either broken or just bad, or completely missing

It's tragic because the core gunplay, squad play, moment to moment experience is solid

Not happy with your investment?

JORMBO

Darkness no more

It’s only delayed one day.

manfestival

I just watched the angry review from AJ and the fact that he gave it a 5 but had solid reasoning and second/third opinions from OJ and Del really surprised me. However, he brings up a good point. Games gotta be reviewed on the basis of which they are asking for money. I think we all know that many games will be a way better/more complete product when enough time has passes(warframe anyone?). I also didn't find anything that was too subjective aside from his preference of 2 of the 8 maps in rotation that he supposedly only played 4/5 of the maps during his 4 hours of the game.

Also a side note that he brings up about Dice being thinned out does make sense when you look at the big picture and how they have really pushed out a game a year between what? 2 studios? Then they get sub fragmented for developing content on the side while the rest of the team moves on to future products.

Last edited:

GC_DALBEN

Sorry guys, i said i wasnt gonna buy the game but i bought it, and i regret, its a average game at best, a obvious step back from bc2 bf3 bf4, im sad, bf is one of my favorite franchises ever. Its good that some of you guys are enjoying the game, i simply cant, im playing more bf4 than bf5.

Sorry about my english, still learning :) .

Mixer is giving away 500 copies of this in their Mixpot for watching The Game Awards show, what does that tell you?

I said after I played the beta this game was in serious trouble and was going to be a huge flop and I got hammered for saying that.

I know people watching a game on Twitch is not the tell all stat but earlier it was in 40th place of people watching.

Racer!

Sorry guys, i said i wasnt gonna buy the game but i bought it, and i regret, its a average game at best, a obvious step back from bc2 bf3 bf4, im sad, bf is one of my favorite franchises ever. Its good that some of you guys are enjoying the game, i simply cant, im playing more bf4 than bf5.

Sorry about my english, still learning :) .

Congratulations. You have just funded this madness...hope youre feeling good about yourself /just kidding :messenger_grinning:

Last edited:

Meccs

Someone said it's on Origin too but it didn't pop up for me.

p3vTppq.png

cryptoadam

Banned
Meccs Meccs you beat me to it was going to post that.

at 30 bucks you can't go wrong. Just sad to see what EA has had to do to try and sell this game.

I really hope they don't try to salvage this thing by loading it up with insane MTX's.

Calibos

p3vTppq.png

Jumped on this when I woke up today. I couldn't stand that I wasn't playing this years Battlefield...For $30, I couldn't hold out. Excited to jump back in this weekend.

Catphish

Medic class still the worst after the buff. SMGs still weak!
Alright, so, maybe I'm the minority here, but I have to get this off my chest...

There is nothing wrong with the Medic class. There is nothing lacking. The SMGs are not weak. They're SMGs. Within 30m, fully upgraded, they're deadly. Being relegated to them is the price you pay for having the ability to replenish bandages for, and perform rezzes on, everybody on your fricken team.

When I play Conquest, I place in the top 3rd of the field, consistently. When I play TDM, I place in the top 3 in virtually every match. I've often experienced games where #1 had like 40 kills, #3 had like 30 kills, and I'm between them with no more than 5 kills. I rack up insane points by flinging bandages, and rezzing not only squadmates, but teammates.

If Medics had long-range capability, they'd easily be overpowered. The balance they've found with them is perfect.

Not trying to be rude, but I will be direct: Quit crying, and learn to play the role properly.

Last edited:

A.Romero

p3vTppq.png

It's not popping up for me either. I got a premier account for a month to try this. I'd prefer to not subscribe again and just get the game. Does anyone know what the trigger is?

Iorv3th

Alright, so, maybe I'm the minority here, but I have to get this off my chest...

There is nothing wrong with the Medic class. There is nothing lacking. The SMGs are not weak. They're SMGs. Within 30m, fully upgraded, they're deadly. Being relegated to them is the price you pay for having the ability to replenish bandages for, and perform rezzes on, everybody on your fricken team.

When I play Conquest, I place in the top 3rd of the field, consistently. When I play TDM, I place in the top 3 in virtually every match. I've often experienced games where #1 had like 40 kills, #3 had like 30 kills, and I'm between them with no more than 5 kills. I rack up insane points by flinging bandages, and rezzing not only squadmates, but teammates.

If Medics had long-range capability, they'd easily be overpowered. The balance they've found with them is perfect.

Not trying to be rude, but I will be direct: Quit crying, and learn to play the role properly.

This. Medics are great, but you have to play a specific role. You can't try to pick people off at range (you can, just not going to be as successful as other classes). Stay close to your squad/team and try to fight more close quarters if you can. You should be more of a support class though and not super worried about kills or k/d as a medic. If your getting heals and revives you are doing your job.

I also think a lot of people don't know that when you revive someone with medic you are saving your team from losing a ticket. If you revive 20 times in a match you saved your team 20 tickets. Sometimes that's all the game comes down too.

Last edited:

Catphish

This. Medics are great, but you have to play a specific role. You can't try to pick people off at range (you can, just not going to be as successful as other classes). Stay close to your squad/team and try to fight more close quarters if you can. You should be more of a support class though and not super worried about kills or k/d as a medic. If your getting heals and revives you are doing your job.

I also think a lot of people don't know that when you revive someone with medic you are saving your team from losing a ticket. If you revive 20 times in a match you saved your team 20 tickets. Sometimes that's all the game comes down too.
I've come up with my own Medic metric. It'd be cool if Dice would pick it up so I wouldn't have to calculate it myself, but I guess I'll live. ;)

(Kills + Revives) / Deaths

You can find the totals in the stats screen and work it out. If this is above 1, you're doing ok. 👍

Last edited:

Mista

Banned

Ah don’t get me wrong, I destroy people while hip-firing. I don’t even need to ADS and I definitely know how to play Medic. Why am I complaining? Because I don’t see the guns consistent. Never said anything about hitting an enemy from 150m with a MP40 :)

EDMIX

Agreed completely. Thats how I see it, it takes the whole team all chipping in.

Folks need ammo to kill
need health to keep on killing
need to be revived to keep ticket count up and for them to continue killing etc

lol Its why I love using support classes even when I'm not getting a lot of kills, sometimes I want to win so badly, I'll just use a class that not enough of our team is using and completely go ham on healing ,revives, ammo, suppressing etc.

Masatshi

Medic player here, love my job in the game, I like to help people and do so without caring too much for my own life... smoke FTW! lol... still got a K/D of 1.41, not too bad for me, can't complain. I feel my MP40 is good enough...

cryptoadam

Banned
Medic just needs something to help them with long range. Since every other class has a 3x scope it gives them a huge advantage not just for fire fights but for seeing the battle field, seeing enemies and making movement decisions. Its much easier to find cover and use ure 3x scope to survey the lay of the land and then find a good spot to move to or flank.

Medic does have the one thing that no other class has which is unlimited heals, so giving them any rifles or carbines would over power them and allow them to sit in some corner and snipe away.

I actually think Medic should get spotting back. Yes getting rid of the dorito's has been great for the game, but since the medic has no long rage options at least with spotting they wouldn't be such lame ducks when it comes to moving around the map. I also think it would push more players into medic especially for noobs as it will become the easiset class to play. It may not get you more kills but you won't get shot as much and you can auto heal.

My other option is to give the medic a slow loading low ammo rifle. This would at least give the medic class one long range weapon.

I agree over all that medic isn't a huge problem, but Medic has always been my go to class and I am even barely playing it. Most of the game is long to medium range fights and medic is too outclassed so I just prefer to go support or recon. But you can't destroy the balance since medic is OP with unlimited heals. But if players arent playing the class something should be done.

Iorv3th

Let’s say sometimes in 15m range with an MP40 I get a kill. Same range 10 minutes no kill with the same bullets hit

Are you hitting them in the same spots? Was the one you killed the first time already low health and the second was full health? There is a lot of reason for there being variance in amount of shots to kill. It happens with all guns and all classes.

INC

so TTK is gonna change to how bf1 was, as of tomorrow

Congrats dice, you've ruined the game

Last edited:

EDMIX

Medic player here, love my job in the game, I like to help people and do so without caring too much for my own life... smoke FTW! lol... still got a K/D of 1.41, not too bad for me, can't complain. I feel my MP40 is good enough...

Agreed. That might be the gun I use for medic for the whole game lol

Top Bottom