|OT| Battlefield V |OT| EA (doesn't) want YOU!

Shmunter

Aug 25, 2018
The queue times for Firestorm are really atrocious. It takes 2 or more minutes to get into a lobby.... on release day.

Been longer than that too. The BFV user base is just to diminutive. We’ll see if it picks up in next few days as people dust off their discs or even pick up the game for the mode.

manfestival

Nov 12, 2009
It really is taking that long? I am kinda shocked... I wonder if this is just poor programming on matchmaking. I will play it when I get home from work tonight.

Meccs

Nov 29, 2013
It really is taking that long? I am kinda shocked... I wonder if this is just poor programming on matchmaking. I will play it when I get home from work tonight.
Yeah, for me at least and I just checked Twitch. It took DrDisrespect almost 5 minutes at one point. Don't know if console is different.

DOW

Neo Member
Oct 28, 2017
It took me around a minute to get in matches this morning but I don’t really mind a slight delay. I’m usually getting a drink or using the bathrooom between rounds anyway. Managed to get a couple of wins in my first few matches playing random squads.

I really enjoyed what I played so far, though.

Stuart360

Sep 9, 2018
Watched 3 different streamers play this today, none of them liked it lol, Firestorm i mean.

Winter John

Mar 9, 2014
It's ok but they really have to work on the TTK and inventory system. I shouldn't have to spend time trying to figure out how to heal. I'm really surprised it's not free to play. If Dice want a large player base they need to put it out as a seperate thing. At the moment though Apex has nothing to worry about.

Dragon Lord

Jan 26, 2019
According to VGR, we've got two more Tides of War chapters on the way! Trial by Fire has been pretty cool, except picking up the loot is a bit annoying.

Last edited:

Woo-Fu

incest on the subway
Jan 2, 2007
I'm really surprised it's not free to play. If Dice want a large player base they need to put it out as a seperate thing. At the moment though Apex has nothing to worry about.

They don't want a larger playerbase, at least not one exclusive to a BR mode. That's just it, it is another mode in BF, a bit more variety, a bit more value for the entire BFV package. It gets them closer to parity with CoD.

Don't forget that this was farmed out to Criterion, btw.

Last edited:

II_JumPeR_I

Dec 20, 2018
Germany
No it’s actually pretty fun! You probably just aren’t very good...
Rofl are you freaking serious? I carried a squad into Win... so dont tell me im not good lol. Stop assuming someone doesnt like a mode because of skill.

And no Firestorm is awul. So many baffling decisions im shocked this went out at its current state.

Last edited:
Reactions: ~Fake

manfestival

Nov 12, 2009
I finally got a few rounds in. Definitely feels different from standard BF5. The only things I guess that are the same are the models for everything. Then that is where it ends for me. The armor throws me in for a loop. The gunplay feels less "refined." The general image quality for some reason to me just feels lower than the mainline game. The game has some cool moments but tanks really feel underpowered(I know people were afraid of them being OP but its the exact opposite). They are essentially a shield for you and your teammates that will absorb some damage until they get wrecked. Nothing really seems special about rarity weapons in this BR as well. Granted, I cannot imagine a person turning down a pink or whatever rarity weapon for the base one. It is also odd that they kept the weird spotting system(that almost nobody uses in BF5) in this game mode. It works like a gimped Apex legends ping system... in fact it works gimped compared to the one in the main game. The helicopter is hilariously bad.

I get this this was developed by critereon and that differences were obviously going to happen(I expected them).

I like it but it feels archaic after sinking so much time into Apex. Feels like Apex really evolved the genre. I will put some more time into it but I feel like I need more incentive for playing it other than just adding to my "tides of war" experience... cause I can get far more accomplished in that by just playing TDM or conquest.

All in all, in my eyes this is a welcome addition to the game. I imagine it is here to stay... unlike the other game modes. DICE really needs more servers for this game.

Last edited:

Calibos

Dec 16, 2015
Michigan
I disagree that it's awful or not very good. It has issues, but I had fun with some friends playing it last night for a couple hours. As far as streamers not liking it...DisRespect, Viss, Jack Frags, Level Cap and Westie all liked it very much, but pointed out some of the issues listed as well.

-Inventory system needs to go to "deathbox" style or refined alot - Dev said this is 1st priority
-Player count needs to go up or the starting ares need to be smaller
-Needs more iconic places to land or character on the map
-Duos need to be added ASAP
-Que times need to improve

I agree with all of the above. The gunplay feels great, the graphics are great, it runs smooth. It's very close to a smooth PubG on console so I am a happy camper as long as they continue to improve it.

VincentMatts

Aug 21, 2014
Yeah, for me at least and I just checked Twitch. It took DrDisrespect almost 5 minutes at one point. Don't know if console is different.

Its not. At least not when i played.

It feels like the rest of the game. Released in an unfinished state cause they ran out of time and they hope to fix it while we (the community) do their QAs job for them. Cause, why not? We do it for every other BF game. Why not this one too?

ultrazilla

Sep 17, 2011
www.scifijapan.com
Played a few rounds last night with my brother @Solarstrike of Firestorm. We finished top 10 in all the games we played(about 10) on PC.

I'll try the console versions later tonite as I own the game on PS4 Pro and Xbox One X.

The PC version felt fine. Looked good and ran pretty damn smooth. I averaged over 80fps a second during play everything maxed on my 2080 Founder's Edition.

We liked it. It needs some work and I'm sure Dice will address the mode in future patches but we had fun, especially when we could get a 4 person squad going.

tr1p1ex

Feb 18, 2014
The praise for it is pretty vague. Kind of a red flag. What's so great about Firestorm?

Kind of want to buy it but feel like I'd be disappointed after playing so much Apex. Feel like I'd just be annoyed by the typical BF half-finished half-arse stuff. I'm on the fence. I am a big BF fan though. Just had to pass on BFV so far because it annoyed me so much in the Alphas and Beta and trial. Bought every previous BF game.

Last edited:

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
I just want the map in the base game. Just plop some flags on it and lets go.

I enjoy the looting part of BR's, but can't get into the 1 life mechanic.

I agree that you can feel the game is developed by someone different. When you ADS you know this isn't DICE's BF.

Overall I think if there was some sort of respawning mechanic in the game it would go over more. Never played APEX but it sounds like it basically stole the thunder of all the other BR's out there and innovated the genre.

I bet if this launched with the game against Blackout and PUBG/Fortnite it would probably be better received, but APEX seems to have RIGHTFULLY stolen its thunder because its implemented a lot of systems BR players didn't really know they wanted till it came around.