• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield V |OT| EA (doesn't) want YOU!

Ennosuke

I think I liked the TTK. In my first matches, I was dying way too easy, but I think this was mainly because of my playstyle and also because I did not know the maps. I think this is another wrong decision from DICE to change it.

"Although not extremely vocal within our deeply engaged community, we see from our game data that the wider player base is dying too fast leading to faster churn - meaning players may be getting frustrated with dying too fast that they choose not to log back in and learn how to become more proficient at Battlefield V"

DICE in their quest to figure out why their core audience is not playing their game, completely ignore the praise of the current TTK and change it to cater to people who play the game for a week and leave or have already left.

So they change one of the few good things in BFV because people are leaving, because that has to be the reasons right? Not that this is not a true Battlefield game, not that this is not a proper WWII experience, not because of their horribile marketing and pandering. Nope the problem MUST be the TTK.

McHuj

What a shit show this game is?

Drive away the audenice pre launch and no try to do it to those who bought it.

longdi

Banned
Got a 50% off in my email today, never buy a BF at full price, learn that, lol.

Should i bite for the RTX goodness? Does Origin do refund if i played less than x hours?
I got BF1 discounted, and i did less than 5 hours.

Just can't get used to BF low ttk and boring ass sniper

longdi

Banned

"Although not extremely vocal within our deeply engaged community, we see from our game data that the wider player base is dying too fast leading to faster churn - meaning players may be getting frustrated with dying too fast that they choose not to log back in and learn how to become more proficient at Battlefield V"

DICE in their quest to figure out why their core audience is not playing their game, completely ignore the praise of the current TTK and change it to cater to people who play the game for a week and leave or have already left.

So they change one of the few good things in BFV because people are leaving, because that has to be the reasons right? Not that this is not a true Battlefield game, not that this is not a proper WWII experience, not because of their horribile marketing and pandering. Nope the problem MUST be the TTK.

I think the low ttk is a problem, at least for me. I dont want to run half way across a map to get sniped or to go down in 2 hits during a free for all. I like to move in and out of firefights, utilised healing and just stop seeing the zoom inout restarts.

Has there been an objective check for old BF games ttk rate, those should be lower iirc. Cod constant ttk validation feedbacks is what changed modern BF games imo

Last edited:
I think the low ttk is a problem, at least for me. I dont want to run half way across a map to get sniped or to go down in 2 hits during a free for all. I like to move in and out of firefights, utilised healing and just stop seeing the zoom inout restarts.

Has there been an objective check for old BF games ttk rate, those should be lower iirc. Cod constant ttk validation feedbacks is what changed modern BF games imo

Apparently BF4's TTK was faster than the one BFV launched with..

Racer!

What a shit show this game is?

Drive away the audenice pre launch and no try to do it to those who bought it.

With that launch buildup, who could tell, yawn.

If you bought the game after all the shit EA/Dice did pre launch., you did this to yourself.

Masatshi

don't like the new TTK.... not at all, tested both yesterday, old and new TTK... the old is way better. Guns feel more lethal, it's just more satisfying!
Personally I don't mind beeing killed in 1-2 frame if that means I can get my old TTK back!

Playing the core-playlist from now on, hoping they will include other gamemodes there as well. As of now it's just conquest...

mostly I play Medic. That class is utter garbage now, not fun anymore.

Switched to playing Sniper yesterday, using the Model 8, cause I like to PTFO and that gun allows me to do just that (I am terrible at long range sniping). But the need to pump 4-5 bullets into an enemy before he goes down is just not satisfying anymore, especially with that 5-round magazine. I can barely kill 2 people without the need to reload and get killed in the process.

Flanking became useless too. If you manage to suprise a group of enemies you can maybe kill one of them before everyone else turns around and kills you.

Please DICE, bring back the old TTK or make a separate playlist for "core players" with ALL game-modes!

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I don’t like the fast TTK. It’s annoying having some Support guy spray a stream of bullets from half way across the map and getting killed from it within one second.

I have mostly stopped playing because the game feels like a game of really small dots shooting each other from the other side of the map. I hopped on BF1 the other night to make sure I was not crazy and it felt a lot better being able to take at least some what of a hit and having time to react.

I still have to try out the new changes. I’ll hop on after work tonight.

voidenberg

I hate the fast TTK but i think it's too late to backtrack. The players that remained enjoy the fast TTK. And players who hated it like me, already left for good.

Last edited:

Paulxo87

Can someone help me out here? I have the newest update installed but is nobody playing the panzerstorm map? I can't see it in the server listings at all.. Even if I have the specific filter on for it.. wtf?

Masatshi

TKK changes are being reverted tonight!

also; no more "core" playlists to split the playerbase!

it's a christmas miracle! :messenger_face_screaming:

Looks like I am playing BFV again tonight!

Last edited:
I really want to buy this.. but.. I just can't. $30 seems like a shoo-in price, but now I'm wondering if I should just wait for EA Access? Game pass?

cryptoadam

Banned
End of the day Support is the best class. You get unlimited ammo, with the box instead of the pouch you restock your gadgets and it has the best guns in the game.

If I just want to heal and rack up points I go with medic but its not for killing. Recon if I want to sit back, or spawn beacon if the team is being spawn trapped.

Not sure if I got in some bad games lately but I haven't been able to get past the first set in Narvik the last few days.
Is there a Breakthrough mode on the new map or its conquest only? I have yet to play the new map.

cryptoadam

Banned
I really want to buy this.. but.. I just can't. $30 seems like a shoo-in price, but now I'm wondering if I should just wait for EA Access? Game pass?

at 30 bucks its a no brainer. Ignore all the hate the game is getting its actually really good and a ton of fun.

at 60$ it was light on content, but at 30$ there really isn't anything to complain about.

at 30 bucks its a no brainer. Ignore all the hate the game is getting its actually really good and a ton of fun.

at 60$ it was light on content, but at 30$ there really isn't anything to complain about.

Thanks, I liked the beta for the most part too, maybe I'll just bite the bullet.

cryptoadam

Banned
Thanks, I liked the beta for the most part too, maybe I'll just bite the bullet.

If you don't have any big January games planned it will give you plenty of hours of enjoyment.

If you liked the beta, while the actual game is way better. Attrition was fixed, gun play is better, and Narvik is one of the less interesting maps.

BTW I don't play conquest so my opinion is based on the other modes so I can't say if conquest is good or bad.

Catphish

If you don't have any big January games planned it will give you plenty of hours of enjoyment.

If you liked the beta, while the actual game is way better. Attrition was fixed, gun play is better, and Narvik is one of the less interesting maps.

BTW I don't play conquest so my opinion is based on the other modes so I can't say if conquest is good or bad.
1 👍 for Conquest. It's pretty much all I play, and I love it.

Good to see EA go back on the issue.

Now that 100 page thread on the official BF forum can fade away. Ya, when I checked it yesterday it was 100 pages.

Last edited:
Panzerstorm is a good map and I like the large design of it. The problem is that the vehicle spawn in system doesn't fucking mesh with old school big BF maps.

The system encourages you to sit at the spawn screen doing nothing for the team waiting for a tank to spawn that you can maybe get. I hate the vehicle spawn in system so freaking much, I can understand using it for planes maybe, but for tanks it's just such an unfun experience. I hardly ever get a freaking tank unless it's the start of the round and load the game super fast.

Not to mention that the system actually penalizes you for actually playing and defending an objective, if your defending an area as infantry and a tank spawns in BF4. Your like "oh awesome!!", hop in and your good to go. In BF5 that can't happen, your forced to run everywhere or take a shitty half track or rabbit if you want to get somewhere. Instead, the system rewards the asshole who's sitting in the spawn menu not playing. Like at least you had a chance when your playing with the old system.

I have no idea why they had to change the old system which literally lasted for over a decade starting from 1942 to BF4.

Panzerstorm is a good map and I like the large design of it. The problem is that the vehicle spawn in system doesn't fucking mesh with old school big BF maps.

The system encourages you to sit at the spawn screen doing nothing for the team waiting for a tank to spawn that you can maybe get. I hate the vehicle spawn in system so freaking much, I can understand using it for planes maybe, but for tanks it's just such an unfun experience. I hardly ever get a freaking tank unless it's the start of the round and load the game super fast.

Not to mention that the system actually penalizes you for actually playing and defending an objective, if your defending an area as infantry and a tank spawns in BF4. Your like "oh awesome!!", hop in and your good to go. In BF5 that can't happen, your forced to run everywhere or take a shitty half track or rabbit if you want to get somewhere. Instead, the system rewards the asshole who's sitting in the spawn menu not playing. Like at least you had a chance when your playing with the old system.

I have no idea why they had to change the old system which literally lasted for over a decade starting from 1942 to BF4.
They should just make a tank superiority version. Everyone get a tank. That is what I want to return from BF

Pinktaco

Panzerstorm is a joke. They completely missed the goal with a large open map.
Sometimes I wonder what developers are thinking..

cryptoadam

Banned
Is Panzerstorm a breakthrough map or Grand Operations map?

If these new maps are not all mode maps then big time screw up by DICE. The live service will only drop 2 maps and if those are conquest only then I have to say Premium was way better than this.

Is Panzerstorm a breakthrough map or Grand Operations map?

If these new maps are not all mode maps then big time screw up by DICE. The live service will only drop 2 maps and if those are conquest only then I have to say Premium was way better than this.

I highly doubt we're going to get large drops of 3-4 maps at a time like with BF4 and BF1 with a season pass.

However I would 99% bet what will happen is a $39.99 expansion with 5-6 maps that will include the Americans and Russians.

cryptoadam

Banned
I highly doubt we're going to get large drops of 3-4 maps at a time like with BF4 and BF1 with a season pass.

However I would 99% bet what will happen is a $39.99 expansion with 5-6 maps that will include the Americans and Russians.

Which is why I would of paid 60$ for a season pass. By the end of BF 1 it had double the content, and you could just chose any operation and would get automatically matched into premium servers so I was always playing on the DLC.

If I am not mistaken BF 1 released 2 free maps, the french night one and the big open field one. So far that seems all we are getting from this Tides of war stuff.

I agree I see them charging, and don't put it past EA to try and charge for BR as a separate "expansion" now. You know the executives are itching to do it.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
I’m not interested in the hideous SJW campaign in the game, but how’s online? Just as politic, or has that mode not been cursed?

How many players are online on Xbox One? I have a fear that the game is pretty dead when it’s alreasy half off.

Shmunter

I’m not interested in the hideous SJW campaign in the game, but how’s online? Just as politic, or has that mode not been cursed?

How many players are online on Xbox One? I have a fear that the game is pretty dead when it’s alreasy half off.

http://bfvstats.com/ is still not active. I’m not much for conspiracies but I suspect the info is getting suppressed because the result is so poor.

Jaxx_377

The wife gave it his to me for an early christmas present the other day and Ive been enjoying it alot, this game isnt bad at all as far as I can tell.

The only thing missing is South Pacific Maps. If I could add one thing it would be the maps from 1943, they would be amazing in this game

cryptoadam

Banned

PS4 here and I have no problem getting matchs, but can't speak to XBOX for you.

Campaign stayed away like every campaign from DICE. It could of been 10 hours of a guy taking a shit I never play DICE campaigns its rule number 1.

Online is a ton of fun. I like Breakthrough mode. Grand Operations is also some fun. I do miss Operations from BF1 though. I still think its light on content though with no Rush and no BR mode. I did play a round of final stand and I think BR mode will be pretty fun in the game based off of that.

If you can get the game for cheap I would buy it. At full price it comes down to how much of a fan you are. For me its really the only series I play. But if you have a lot of games on your plate I could see how you might get distracted. Also like every BF game there is a BIG learning curve so you have to expect a lot of spawn die spawn die until you get GUD.

Just a tip but Support with 3x scopes is a good class to rock while learning the game.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Hm that’s what I fear as well. As I’m not interested in SJW propaganda and are only interested in the online part I probably won’t bite.

On XB it always finds me a full match within a minute. I don’t think the game sold great compared to the last entries, but you won’t have trouble finding people to play with.

Overall the game is ok, but light on content. I got 30 hours out of it before getting bored. Normally BF would get me some additional casual playtime until the next one comes out, so that’s a bit disappointing. It’s not a bad purchase at $30 though.

manfestival

The game is 30 dollars. I think I might buy at that price point or should I wait for the 20 dollar drop? That might not happen for some time though? I know its entirely speculative

Top Bottom