• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield V |OT| EA (doesn't) want YOU!

cryptoadam

Banned
I ended up buying the game and damn, I'm terrible. Just trying to be a good medic but I'm dying a lot.

Play support and use a 3x scope. Use cover always and look for where bullets are coming from. Use the peek function and when you lean over the cover check out the area, and since you have a scope you can see far. If you run around in the open people like me are going to pick you off.

Once you get used to the maps, gunplay, movement etc... you can use different classes since you have a better mastery of the overall gameplay.

The game is 30 dollars. I think I might buy at that price point or should I wait for the 20 dollar drop? That might not happen for some time though? I know its entirely speculative

Whats wrong with you people?

We have to send a message to EA/DICE. The boycott has to continue! Dont buy the game!

#NotMyBattlefield

manfestival

Yeah so I caved in. I knew I was going to eventually buy it but to get it near release at 30 is kinda too good to skip out on

DonF

We have to send a message to EA/DICE. The boycott has to continue! Dont buy the game!

#NotMyBattlefield
I sent a clear message, I paid what I wanted for the game, $24. Thats what I feel the game is worth. And you know what, I'm loving it. Its a great game, way less bugs than other DICE games at release. And tons of fun.

Last edited:

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA

#NotMyBattlefield

source.gif

I’m skipping the sale and the game all along. Can’t justify using money on SJW shit.

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
source.gif

I’m skipping the sale and the game all along. Can’t justify using money on SJW shit.

So you will be skipping The Last of Us 2 as well since that game is made by sjws and crammed to the brim with "SJW Shit"? Did you skip BO4 due to its SJW Shit? How about COD WW2?

BTW, don't play PUBG , it has vaginas as well.

I don't know who is more cringy, the incels that see sjws everywhere, or the blue haired sjws that cry constantly.

Eyeron

I caved as well. $30 on PC. No interest in singleplayer unless I miraculously clear my immense backlog. I’m enjoying it but hope we get some bigger maps like Wake Island. I still remember playing the BF1942 demo for hours. Hauling ass accross the island in a Jeep while battleships and subs were going at it in the distance was amazing in 2002.

Also, I have no friends on Origin. Please feel free to add me. Still play BF1 as well. Titanfall 2 occasionally but I suck at it.

Same name.

Last edited:

manfestival

Anyone else get the bug that has you constantly spinning in every game you join? Not sure how to get around this. I played for 2 hours last night to get my grips in the game. I love that TTK. However this bug is pretty disheartening aside from it making me feel sick from all the spinning

cryptoadam

Banned
Anyone else get the bug that has you constantly spinning in every game you join? Not sure how to get around this. I played for 2 hours last night to get my grips in the game. I love that TTK. However this bug is pretty disheartening aside from it making me feel sick from all the spinning

never heard of this bug. Which system? Were you trying to spawn in a vehicle?

Catphish

I caved as well. $30 on PC. No interest in singleplayer unless I miraculously clear my immense backlog. I’m enjoying it but hope we get some bigger maps like Wake Island. I still remember playing the BF1942 demo for hours. Hauling ass accross the island in a Jeep while battleships and subs were going at it in the distance was amazing in 2002.

Also, I have no friends on Origin. Please feel free to add me. Still play BF1 as well. Titanfall 2 occasionally but I suck at it.

Same name.
I started an Origin ID exchange thread on the community subforum.

Yes, I bought it for $30 as well.

The SJW shit is annoying but it doesn't actually have a direct impact on gameplay, I figured the game was worth trying for that price.

Jaxx_377

I havent had that happen but there have been times that my gunfire doesnt inflict damage when an enemy is reviving a downed player and then just as I have to reload or switch to handgun they both jump up and kill me. It is the only bug I have encountered but it is a frustrating one

Shmunter

So you will be skipping The Last of Us 2 as well since that game is made by sjws and crammed to the brim with "SJW Shit"? Did you skip BO4 due to its SJW Shit? How about COD WW2?

I don't know who is more cringy, the incels that see sjws everywhere, or the blue haired sjws that cry constantly.

I don’t think the BF5 matter or The_Mike taking issue with it is related to the other titles you listed.

Sexuality or gender in games has no relation to the deliberate and aggressive activism as seen by Dice. Smearing and defaming of your userbase certainly warrants a pause, and you have just engaged in it exactly like Dice and the hard left had hoped. Take a step back and reevaluate the core issue without reducing it down to gradeschool mentality befitting the lowest common iq.

Last edited:

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA

Lol what the hell is SJW about Black Ops 4, CoD: WWII and PUBG? Having females in the game doesn’t make it a SJW game. It’s the politic agenda in the games and the editing of true stories.

Last edited:

You show your ignorance by thinking were boycotting the game because there are women in it.

manfestival

I havent had that happen but there have been times that my gunfire doesnt inflict damage when an enemy is reviving a downed player and then just as I have to reload or switch to handgun they both jump up and kill me. It is the only bug I have encountered but it is a frustrating one
Not sure what it was but a reboot resolved the issue *shrug*

Do we really have to continue political discussion on this game for the upteenth million time? It's a dead horse that's literally been beaten to death a million fucking times and all this shit does is deter people from actually wanting to talk about the game.

I honestly don't fucking care at this point. This shit should be kept out of the |OT|.

YayNJ

Banned
I've had this day 1 on xbox and before that on Origin Access. I've always been a huge BF fan. Though since Bad Company 2 my love has got less and less each new release.

I couldn't give a shit about all the drama surrounding the game. At first I was blown away by the visuals and the sound, but now I just feel empty when I play. I don't even want to play. Countless times I've opened up the game, let it sit on the menu screen and I've gone off and done something else.

Pointless post, just wanted to get it off my chest somewhere really.

Im having fun with the game so far. I went ham in the german tiger tank, that was so badass. I wish they would just do a 24/7 server of panzer storm

Mochilador

Have you tried different modes? I always suck at conquest (and most other modes) but I can go 2-3 K/D on Frontlines.
I usually play conquest but I have also tried GO and frontlines.
Most of the times I die without knowing who killed me, out of nowhere.

manfestival

I have played about 60 hours and I still suck. A lot. Hard times.
I dont know why but team deathmatch in harder games usually builds my skills to do decent. I actually took forever to become OK at battlefield 1. 6 hours into BF5 and I feel like a rockstar in TDM. Conquest I do OK in.

This game needs content bad. I feel satisfied at the price point that I hopped in but $60 is a hefty price for something so barren. Even BF1 felt more... complete despite being almost as barren in content

Meccs

When I change soldier traits I can no longer see the traits themselves, it says: Traits not available in combined arms? Anyone else?

Edit: restarting the game fixed it

Last edited:

Shai-Tan

Banned
For some reason the maps just don't click with me. I became bored after only a few hours of each. There were some bf4 maps I could play over and over until I realized it's 4am. Maybe the hit/miss ratio is similar but bf5 just has a lot less maps to coincide with personal taste

A.Romero

I'm still liking the game a lot. I had a chance to play last night after the update and I don't know exactly what but something changed.

Maybe the balancing for my weapon or something.

Also kill cam feels weird with the revive mechanic. I liked it better as it was before.

Meccs

Do you guys see Frontlines server in the server browser? Even a reset didn't show anything. It's empty.

Top Bottom