• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta Origins: Cereza and the Lost Demon new trailer

This looks really good. I'm not a big Bayonetta fan but this one looks a little bit more chill.

The graphics are interesting and pretty.

Astral Dog

Demo didn't dissapoint, the Art is striking(and unlike Bayonetta 3,this game's visuals are perfectly tailored to the Switch), music beautiful,both the arrangements and original tunes,Animation has so much detail everywhere,and this title is gonna expand the world and lore of Bayonetta quite a bit 👍

the magic circle thing, even if its so simple i had trouble telling how its supposed to work 😅,and i keep trying to use the right stick instead of the left it doesn't feel as intuitive as i would like, but it might just be adjusting. I like how Cereza and Chesire work togerher to reach new locations and fighting

yeah its awesome

Last edited:
Wow the demo 100% sold me on the game.

The cutscenes and voice acting are a little bland but once you get passed that initial tutorial and story opening and they let you actually move around with a few powers, the game feels amazing. Major breath of fresh air to control two characters at once, with alternate ways to move, solve puzzles or platforming.

By the end the weird art style had finally grown on me, and I love the crazy colors and imagination in some of the last parts of the demo.

I just want to read a review to see how long it is. If its a full length game with a decent amount of content I'm getting this right away.

ADiTAR

I'm trying out the demo but so far it's a chore, I haven't gotten to the actual meat of the game, I dunno why devs make it so long to get to a point I actually play already.

Astral Dog

Baffling they looked at this and decided that this should be a full priced game.
Because the game actually is lavishly produced and well crafted,Origins isn't a mere spin off but a full fledged prequel

I feel people are going to judge this game like they did with Wonderful 101 based on the camera perspective and other randon stuff

also this is why so many gamers only think bloated "AAA" games are worth the standard price,but if you thought games such as Metroid Dread or Links Awakening HD were worth $60 , then i see no reason why Bayonetta Origins shouldn't be the same,as it definetly has the quality to match those games, if you say instead "well Metroid Dread has no right to be $60 either, booo its an overpriced Indie!😬" then at least we seen not everybody believes the same and a few millions bought it anyways .

Last edited:

AndrewRyan

Here's a link to the game/demo. Haven't tried it yet but $60 seems lofty.

YsVxMkh.jpg

jaysius

Wow, this looks like a budget game, stills with barely any animation in cut scenes, awful action.

It's like Bastion or Transistor but full priced and not good.

Last edited:
Because the game actually is lavishly produced and well crafted,Origins isn't a mere spin off but a full fledged prequel

I feel people are going to judge this game like they did with Wonderful 101 based on the camera perspective and other randon stuff

also this is why so many gamers only think bloated "AAA" games are worth the standard price,but if you thought games such as Metroid Dread or Links Awakening HD were worth $60 , then i see no reason why Bayonetta Origins shouldn't be the same,as it definetly has the quality to match those games, if you say instead "well Metroid Dread has no right to be $60 either, booo its an overpriced Indie!😬" then at least we seen not everybody believes the same and a few millions bought it anyways .
I agree with this entire post. A game's price should be worth it's quality of play, not the bells and whistles of graphics and length of play. Nintendo is great at earning every part of that full price justification. My only gripe with them is when their games remain full price years from now.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
this is going to bomb hard.
Art style is nice, but other than that...its....alright?

Rykan

It clearly doesn't have anywhere near the budget of their other games. This game simply isn't going to do well. It's a low budget spin off of an already fairly niche series that is somehow 60$. It seems pretty obvious to me that both Metroid Dread and Links Awakening remake had a higher budget than this.

Astral Dog

Look worse than many indie title, I'm tired of using art style as an excuse for low budget and effort.
Funny you say that because it looked way prettier than i expected after playing the demo, heck its one of the best looking Switch games imo ,specially for the framerate there is a ton of detail in both the environment and animations,it looks wonderful(and not just because of the Art)

Last edited:

Andyliini

I played through the demo today and I loved it! Played the demo all the way through on one sitting, I just couldn't stop. Love the art styles, gameplay and characters. English voice acting is also great (even more so after just finishing Mega Man ZX Advent earlier).

Can't wait for the full release, already feels like a win for me.

Top Bottom