• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beyond a Steel Sky announced (sequel to Beneath a Steel Sky)

pcostabel

Gematsu

Revolution Software has announced Beyond a Steel Sky, a sequel to the 1994-released dystopian cyberpunk adventure game Beneath a Steel Sky. It will be released for console, PC, and Apple devices (including the newly announced Apple Arcade service) in 2019

Beyond-a-Steel-Sky_03-25-19.jpg

Beneath a Steel Sky was one of the best point and click games not from LucasArt. Hopefully the sequel is as good as the original.

Last edited:

amigastar

Oh yes, i hope it will be good. Loved Beneath a Steel Sky. It had the Lucas Arts Adventures magic without being from them. First Bloodlines 2 and now this. Wonderful.

Last edited:

Fbh

Oh cool so this means the games they showed in the apple thing aren't exclusive (the wording was weird).
Meaning the Sakaguchi one might not be either.

Anyway, I'm not familiar with the old one but this one looks interesting

Last edited:

Ozrimandias

*Reads the title"

Me : OMG Benetah a Steel Sky sequel!!

*Open Thread and see the 3d pic of the game*

Me: What the.....

Harlock

Beneath had a cool early iPhone version, with an excellent hing system.

So, what going to be the Cyberspace 2.0?

hqdefault.jpg

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Wow. Didn’t expect this. Time to finally get the first one off of my backlog.

WarpedPixels

Neo Member
I completely forgot this was happening, I think it was announced roughly around or after the release of Broken Sword 5. I have very fond memories of the original game, so I'm looking forward to this.

I just played through Beneath A Steel Sky like a week or two ago. I knew Revolution had been hinting at the possibility of a new game but never actually expected an announcement. Exciting news. That first game was a great, and unexpectedly quite funny, experience.

Edit:

Nice, they got Dave Gibbons back on board. His style lent a lot of personality to the first game so it's great to see he's a big part of this again.

Last edited:

M0G

Wow this is one those games that I always wanted a sequel to and never expected to see... Not sure on the art style, coming from the original game which felt really gritty at the time. But hey I'm probably jumping to conclusions as it's one preview image so my mind is open.

Wow this is one those games that I always wanted a sequel to and never expected to see... Not sure on the art style, coming from the original game which felt really gritty at the time. But hey I'm probably jumping to conclusions as it's one preview image so my mind is open.

That's the thing about playing the game recently that surprised me the most, as well as one of the things I enjoyed the most, that the game was very funny. And not just a sardonic quip here and there amidst the gritty dystonian fare but almost a full blown comedy game. Of course there were the tense moments too but I'd compare it to Phoenix Wright's humorous take on murder mystery. There's real drama there but there's also laughs consistently, throughout.

Personally, I think the art style could really work for that. But in any case there's actually more that you can check out beyond that screenshot:

M0G

That's the thing about playing the game recently that surprised me the most, as well as one of the things I enjoyed the most, that the game was very funny. And not just a sardonic quip here and there amidst the gritty dystonian fare but almost a full blown comedy game. Of course there were the tense moments too but I'd compare it to Phoenix Wright's humorous take on murder mystery. There's real drama there but there's also laughs consistently, throughout.

Personally, I think the art style could really work for that. But in any case there's actually more that you can check out beyond that screenshot:

Thanks for the insight, it sounds like this is going to be a lot of fun :) I'll definitely be looking forward to this and those images do look fantastic. I can't fully remember the tone of the game in all honesty as it's been so long since I've played it. I've still got my physical copy and on GOG, so this news definitely demands a replay in the near future. I remember the story was enjoyable enough that I cheekily adapted it and submitted it as my my english homework at school around the time it came out.

Top Bottom