• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bleak Faith Forsaken Release Date Trailer

GymWolf

The trailer was ok, curious to see how this one turns out.

Is it made by the same people who made mortal shell? I hated that thing.

Last edited:

Bartski

"3 developers, one dream" aka "please cut us some slack" but it looks really cool, thanks for the tip I'll keep an eye on this.

SJRB

Looks neat considering it's made by three people.

Graphics look like the grain level is dialed to 500%, but that might be bad video compression.

GymWolf

Some gifs

BleakFaith_GIF1.gif

World.gif

Combat.gif

Bosses.gif

So no one here on gaf is interested in this one? it doesn't look half bad.

Arsic

Some gifs

BleakFaith_GIF1.gif

World.gif

Combat.gif

Bosses.gif

Lots of souls like releases that they all get lost in the shuffle without proper marketing.

Wo Long and Lies of P are this years ones that are on most peoples radars.

I’m skeptical of this one. Will wait for impressions.

GymWolf

Lots of souls like releases that they all get lost in the shuffle without proper marketing.

Wo Long and Lies of P are this years ones that are on most peoples radars.

I’m skeptical of this one. Will wait for impressions.
I think it has some cool design for bosses and locations but the gameplay i saw was pretty clunky, but it was probably an old version of the game.

ssringo

It looks like it could be good but it's coming at a bad time. It's sandwiched in between so many releases from established franchises and/devs. I'm still working on Octopath and Hogwarts, Fatal Frame releases tomorrow, I have DLC for a couple games I already own waiting in the wings and everything gets dropped for RE4 in a couple weeks.

Unless reviews are staggeringly good it's going to sit on the wishlist for later.

Eddie-Griffin

Cancer the womens baby so we can pregnant the panda, we are looking for igloos tonight Are you sexy?
The name of this game writes so many jokes by itself it's too easy.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I personally don’t play other “Souls-like” games other than FROM themselves, this will prevent me from getting tired of the formula.

If FROM stops making games then I look for alternatives but until then I don’t need to bother with clones.

GymWolf

I personally don’t play other “Souls-like” games other than FROM themselves, this will prevent me from getting tired of the formula.

If FROM stops making games then I look for alternatives but until then I don’t need to bother with clones.
Good souls clone are still pretty rare so for me it's not really a problem.

I was so badly for this to be good but my gaming life theme is being burned on soulslikes.

It has a very Blame! atmosphere, which is a huge plus.

GymWolf

This was the coolest video for the game

Gore and hit reactions looks very good, you feel the power.

Honestly, after atomic hearts i'm more prone to give a chance to small teams making relatively big games.

Last edited:
This was the coolest video for the game

Gore and hit reactions looks very good, you feel the power.

Honestly, after atomic hearts i'm more prone to give a chance to small teams making relatively big games.

Looking at the OPs trailer, it looked like gameplay was very similar to the way things work on DS1, so that was a good sign.
I might try this out today, after some quality landscaping.

I suggest you to watch some of the stream i posted to see if you are ok with that level of jank.
Looking right now... Wow... ultimate jank... Fuck. I'm gonna watch this for awhile. Lol........

Edit: I want to see how boss fights look aside from the slice.

Last edited:
After watching it for awhile, going to skip it. It looks way too easy. They need to fix gameplay issues that would seemingly make this a cakewalk.

Macattk15

Looks cool.

Surprised it doesn't run like shit. Looks really easy though and combat seems incredibly slow.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Looks cool.

Surprised it doesn't run like shit. Looks really easy though and combat seems incredibly slow.
The opposite from what i'm reading, no invincibility frames during roll (like at all) and one checkpoint for every big area (not multiple like latest souls games).

btw, launch trailer

Macattk15

I played for 30 minutes. Yuck.

Controller is actually somehow worse than keyboard and mouse. Very janky and floaty. Got stuck in some walls and fell through some floors. AI is pretty bad. UI is HOTTEST garbage.

Thank god it's only $27, but this should probably be Early Access.

Visuals are kinda cool.

Refunded.

Last edited:

Lux R7

Yeah it has some controller and movement issues, i'll wait for a patch We'll see, exploration is kinda cool. But i agree, this should have been early access.

Last edited:
Top Bottom