• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bob Odenkirk to star in The Room remake. Yes, you read that right.

I'll watch anything with Bob in it. Even the shittiest movie ever made. It might just end up being the greatest movie ever made.

Fbh

Meh.
What makes The Room and all the other "so bad it's good" movies funny and memorable is that the creators are attempting to make a serious movie. What makes Tommy Wiseau funny is that he is a weird dude giving a weird performance while attempting to star and direct in a serious drama.

When you try to intentionally make the movie "so bad it's good" it never works, it looses all the appeal.

Bob Odenkirk is a treasure. Been barreling through Better Call Saul the past couple weeks. Who else could play such a slimy character that you still want to see the good in? He's the best!
I hated Saul in Breaking Bad and was totally against BCS show but god damn it Mr Bob fucking killed it and made the show way better than Breaking Bad which seemed impossible. Dude is a legend.

Meh.
What makes The Room and all the other "so bad it's good" movies funny and memorable is that the creators are attempting to make a serious movie. What makes Tommy Wiseau funny is that he is a weird dude giving a weird performance while attempting to star and direct in a serious drama.

When you try to intentionally make the movie "so bad it's good" it never works, it looses all the appeal.
Fair Enough but it's Bob. I'd watch a movie of him doing nothing but reading a newspaper.

Last edited:
I hated Saul in Breaking Bad and was totally against BCS show but god damn it Mr Bob fucking killed it and made the show way better than Breaking Bad which seemed impossible. Dude is a legend.
I watched the show concurrently up to halfway through Season 3. Dropped off when
Chuck gets exposed in the bar hearing since it seemed like the show had been building to that and it climaxed.
. Got too hard to wait weeks/years for the new episodes, so I put it on the backburner. I'm just now getting through the rest of the show.

I agree, man, I don't know how they pulled it off, but it's incredible. Crazy to think it was originally going to be a half-hour comedy show.

I watched the show concurrently up to halfway through Season 3. Dropped off when
Chuck gets exposed in the bar hearing since it seemed like the show had been building to that and it climaxed.
. Got too hard to wait weeks/years for the new episodes, so I put it on the backburner. I'm just now getting through the rest of the show.

I agree, man, I don't know how they pulled it off, but it's incredible. Crazy to think it was originally going to be a half-hour comedy show.
To be fair I did lose interest in BCS for a while but I never missed an episode. The last 2 seasons picked up though. I think a lot of the blame was on how long there were between seasons so I felt lost at times. I've been meaning to rewatch the entire show and do another rewatch of BB.

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
I get that they're just knocking it together quickly for charity, but it's still a huge waste of Bob's time when you could get him to do... literally anything else.

The Room's funny because it's a bad movie made by a guy who thought he was making a masterpiece. This will entirely remove that and it'll just be Bob reading bad lines.

AJUMP23

Oh hello Mark.

philip haldiman male bonding GIF by The Room

I am not crazy!!! I know I didn't hit her! I did NAWT!! As if I could make such a mistake! You think this is bad? This chicanery? She's done worse!! She'll never change!! Ever since we got together, always betraying me. She's TEARING ME APART!! What a sick joke!! And you have to stop her. oh hi mark.

DKehoe

A version of The Room where the people making the film are in on it doesn't sound that fun. Odenkirk is great and it's for charity so maybe there's some novelty there but it kinda defeats the point if they're in on the joke.

SF Kosmo

The Trigglypuff
I get that they're just knocking it together quickly for charity, but it's still a huge waste of Bob's time when you could get him to do... literally anything else.

The Room's funny because it's a bad movie made by a guy who thought he was making a masterpiece. This will entirely remove that and it'll just be Bob reading bad lines.
Bob said he tried to sell it as earnestly as possible, which could be fun to watch.

But yes, in general, people knowingly making a bad movie is lame, they have to be made by an actual insane person.

Top Bottom