• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 3 possible leak (4chan)

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
I guess we will know more in 2 days but I just hope this game is coming out sooner than later.

https://boards.4channel.org/v/thread/456004093

Leaks:
>Takes place 5 years after the end of BL2/TPS
>Tannis is not what she seems
>AI Jack may be back, but he's not the villain
>Rhys is back as CEO of Atlas. Atlas is back as a manufacturer. Gorty is back to help the player find multiple vaults in the game. Not just one vault this time. Tina is back as an adult. No word on the others but you can expect cameos from everyone like in BL2
>writing is more like BL1 than BL2, no Anthony Birch this time
>4 new vault hunters
>Abilities have been reworked, everyone now has multiple action skills instead of one
>Flak the Beastmaster is a homeless looking android. He can summon multiple creatures to help him fight. The AI for this is what delayed announcement last October. So hopefully it's fixed now.
>The female seen in the UE4 demo last year is a Valdof character who is the gunner class. She can summon a bear mech on which other players can ride. Summons the mech like in Titanfall. No word on how this works indoors. Probably a commie waifu
>The older male is like Batman. He's the stealth/assassin character. He's rich and uses gadgets for his action skills.
>There's a black female Siren character. She's melee oriented like Brick was. She will have several siren abilities like phase-lock, phase-shift, and a ground pound skill.
>NPCs can revive you now if you're close enough and go into FFYL
>Guns are reworked. You'll have changeable gun parts of various rarities/stats. You'll be able to alter the type of gun, the firing rate, the reload speed, the stability, and element as you find new parts.
>The bad guys are The Calypso Twins. One is a female siren (as only females can be sirens) and the other is a male who somehow has siren powers. Either he figured out a way to give anyone siren powers or the bond between twins allows him to share his sister's powers. They're rumored to be ex-Atlas employees
>The Calypso twins rule The Children of the Vault, a cult mob that will replace Bandits/Scavs as the default human mob.
>They will have their own weapon brand
>All brands returning except Bandit/Scav
>All elements returning except Slag, Laser, and Ice. New elements are rumored and the only lead says "nuclear" is one of them. Although that sounds like a fan making shit up.
>You'll start on Pandora but leave shortly into the game on Sanctuary 3, the Crimson Raider's ship. It will be the hub for multiple planet locations.
>We're going to Promethea

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
oh yeah the classic bulletpoint 4chan game leaks. i like how they mention batman too. its too good.

Ya who knows but at this point im willing to believe anyways. I have 310 hours on BL2 and my friend and i are literally still playing it when we have time. We are in the UVH DLC right now.

Not sure why we give 4chan so much play here.

I will probably get bombed on by Chan'ers and that's fine, it's your community, but I think that place is trash on numerous levels, in my opinion. Not even talking strictly about politics. The DS5 leak from today is obviously fake. I am sure 4chan has gotten it right numerous times but some people take these leaks like golden truths.

Just my opinion.

Last edited:

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member

I will probably get bombed on by Chan'ers and that's fine, it's your community, but I think that place is trash on numerous levels, in my opinion. Not even talking strictly about politics. The DS5 leak from today is obviously fake. I am sure 4chan has gotten it right numerous times but some people take these leaks like golden truths.

Just my opinion.

Just rumors, gives us BL fans something to talk about. God knows we have suffered enough. If fake so be it but hopefully we get something meaningful at the upcoming announcement.

Codes 208

50e2e38aacdab21b14cad92d32d7c865.jpg

I hoped this is actually true btw.

Shin

Banned
The DS5 leak from today is obviously fake. but some people take these leaks like golden truths.
There you have it, a news submitter should have better judgment as to what and which news they push and how.
It speaks volume about the person themselves or their character/personality rather, I for example saw that "leak" and ignored it.

Shin

Banned
Ok, Shin.

Whatever you say, bud
Do we have a problem?
Because I'm not sure what's with the attitude, if you can't act normal perhaps you should refrain from posting...period.
I'm responding to your question as to why we trust 4Chan, you can decide for yourself as well as the submitter whether it's fake or not.
If it's obviously fake to you why bother posting to begin with as it adds nothing to the topic at hand (well you taking DGrayson for an idiot).

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
I could really care less if anyone reads this or believes it or whatever. Its some rumors, take them for what you will.

Hmm. I had fun with bl1 but really didn't like 2 so if it turns out well like the first 1 ill probably get it and I rarely get MP games. Definitely a fun coop series.

Holammer

It all sounds too good to be true, basically the finest fan wank imaginable. But it's still possible Randy posted this himself, I guess?
Most important question is whether it becomes Epic Store exclusive or not.

A GAF mod posting a 4chan link. Will the wonders never cease?

At any rate, nothing here bothers me or contradicts what we've already heard, so awesome! I'm so ready for multiple planets.

And can you imagine... a black siren and a transgender siren? The tears will flow...

Virex

Abrasive, but well-meaning

Just my opinion.
Luckily that's your opinion. I could easily say your posts are trash on numerous levels. And this is coming from someone who hasn't used 4chan in years. But luckily that's my opinion. I can tell you one thing though. I'd rather believe 4chan leaks which has time and again proven to be correct than that of "industry leaks" or "games journalist" leaks.

If you want a safe space community that curates threads and discussion to only sites and "industry" that are deemed "correct" then you know which site to go to.

Last edited:

Virex

Just rumors, gives us BL fans something to talk about. God knows we have suffered enough. If fake so be it but hopefully we get something meaningful at the upcoming announcement.

Truer words have never been spoken. Being a Borderlands fan is suffering. I personally can't wait for BL3. The wait has been too long.

Virex

DAMN YOU BATTLEBORN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I've been thinking the very thing when I played the Battleborn beta the 1st time. They spent all that time making Battleborn when they could have been working on BL3.

sol_bad

I don't care for any of these "leaks".
I just want to know if it is a GaaS game and if it will be on Steam.

Tesseract

Banned
i keep meaning to play borderlands 2, sadly i have no friends to play with

i loved the physx stuff i saw when i booted it up for the first time on my gtx 970

-MD-

Hopefully the assassin character has a melee tree. Zero bloodshed was the most fun thing this series produced.

I could really care less if anyone reads this or believes it or whatever. Its some rumors, take them for what you will.

'Couldn't care less' is what you're trying to say.

Last edited:

desertdroog

I am sooooo ready for Borderlands 3. I pre-ordered Rage 2 to help stave off that shooty semi-looty need in an post apocalyptic environment.

Also, Rage 2 looks good despite the existence of Borderlands, I am just looking to get back to shooty looty times.

BizzyBum

I don't know why people downplay 4chan leaks, there's been ton of legit leaks on there in the past. It makes sense considering you're anonymous so leakers don't have the fear of getting caught and losing their job.

RiccochetJ

Definitely interesting if it's true. Tbh, I'm just looking forward to a Borderlands 3. They know how to do looter shooters right with the almost unlimited gun variations you can make and the loot volcano when you beat a boss. God I hope they didn't change that.

EctoPrime

Sounds interesting. Would of thought after what happened in Tales from the Borderlands everybody would be playing as an ex Hyperion employee.

Moneal

>Guns are reworked. You'll have changeable gun parts of various rarities/stats. You'll be able to alter the type of gun, the firing rate, the reload speed, the stability, and element as you find new parts.
If this is true, I will be so happy. Its what I have wanted since playing the first one. Leaks seem on point so far. Hype Intensifying.

Last edited:
The changing the gun parts is cool because it's the BL community once again informing the series.

Borderlands endgame basically evolved from how the community was playing.

Codes 208

ya they need to move beyond HJ. It was fine so far and I never played the Tales of but the story needs to evolve IMO.
I definitely have my bias but I guess I liked Jack mainly for his role and acting, Damion Clarke (who also voices Cell in DBZ) did such an awesome job as this pompous snarky asshat.

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
I definitely have my bias but I guess I liked Jack mainly for his role and acting, Damion Clarke (who also voices Cell in DBZ) did such an awesome job as this pompous snarky asshat.

No totally agreed but sometimes those snarky asshats get a bit grating after a while. I loved him in BL2 and TPS, but I am ready for a new direction.

Top Bottom