• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brie Larson Isn’t Letting Her ‘Captain Marvel’ Press Tour Be ‘Overwhelmingly’ White and Male

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
So why didn't she addressed this problem with Disney alone instead of with the adience on a press tour if that was possible? She had several moments to address this problem in a proper way but she didn't. And why were you able to come with this conclusion like this and she didn't? Isn't there a possibility that she just said what she wanted to said?

To be honest, I'm assuming she did both. I took it that she went to Disney to make some changes, but also wanted to tell the world that the changes needed to be made in the first place.

oagboghi2

So why didn't she addressed this problem with Disney alone instead of with the adience on a press tour if that was possible? She had several moments to address this problem in a proper way but she didn't. And why were you able to come with this conclusion like this and she didn't? Isn't there a possibility that she just said what she wanted to said?
Because this more about branding herself as a activist than anything else.

Why say anything if you can't gain attention.

sol_bad

Rather than just following the rage culture, maybe look in to things properly?
https://www.cbr.com/captain-marvel-brie-larson-not-made-for-white-men/
She did exactly what you said she should have done. She expanded the amount of people and diversity that had access to pres days.

https://www.cbr.com/captain-marvel-brie-larson-clarifies-press-diversity/
And then she clarified what she meant again ..... multiple times.

The rage around Brie was all because of what she said in 2018 about A Wrinkle in Time, at a woman's award night. She never said anything bad during Captain Marvel media coverage. If you can find an exact quote though I'm happy to read.

*EDIT*
Full Marie Claire interview from above link from February 7th.
https://www.marieclaire.co.uk/entertainment/tv-and-film/brie-larson-641750

Changed the year for her Wrinkly speech.

Last edited:

Barnabot

Rather than just following the rage culture, maybe look in to things properly?
https://www.cbr.com/captain-marvel-brie-larson-not-made-for-white-men/
She did exactly what you said she should have done. She expanded the amount of people and diversity that had access to pres days.

https://www.cbr.com/captain-marvel-brie-larson-clarifies-press-diversity/
And then she clarified what she meant again ..... multiple times.

The rage around Brie was all because of what she said in 2018 about A Wrinkle in Time, at a woman's award night. She never said anything bad during Captain Marvel media coverage. If you can find an exact quote though I'm happy to read.

*EDIT*
Full Marie Claire interview from above link from February 7th.
https://www.marieclaire.co.uk/entertainment/tv-and-film/brie-larson-641750

Changed the year for her Wrinkly speech.

According to these sources including the Wrinkly speech she sabotaged herself and some of Disney profit margins because of that same speech at that time. That clarification of hers happened on the week after the week when shit just hit the fan.

This is the only grasp of addressing that huge controverse I could ever find. It starts at 1:53.

It just took 25 seconds. I've pointed the timeline to everyone see for themselves. She either doesn't know how to cope with this situation anymore or she just don't care at all. And if you think this is how addressing a problem is done then I don't know what to say to you.

I intend to see the the movie in a couple of weeks and do a review about it here in GAF iI hope the movie is greater than these currently 27 page of discussion in this thread.

What a crazy time where you now have to own what you say even if it was said some months ago. /s

Last edited:

sol_bad

According to these sources including the Wrinkly speech she sabotaged herself and some of Disney profit margins because of that same speech at that time. That clarification of hers happened on the week after the week when shit just hit the fan.

I intend to see the the movie in a couple of weeks and do a review about it here in GAF i. Hope the movie is greater than these currently 27 page of discussion in this thread.

There is no proof that she sabotaged any profits. Disney adjusted their projections down but the movie still hit the original projections on the first weekend.
Also, I don't think this place is a good average on whether the movie is good or not. Majority of this forum is over the MCU as per the other thread made about the MCU. If you are over the MCU yourself than you most likely won't like the film.

Also, if you are going to use the Rotten Tomatoes audience score as an average. Something to keep in mind is that it has racked up 70k plus reviews in only 2 weeks, meanwhile Avengers: Infinity War (a movie that nearly the whole planet saw at the cinemas and made over 2 billion dollars) only has 53k reviews after 11 months.

*EDIT*
Do you mean profits for Wrinkly or Captain Marvel

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

Virtue. Signaling.

/pats self on back

Last edited:

Barnabot

There is no proof that she sabotaged any profits. Disney adjusted their projections down but the movie still hit the original projections on the first weekend.
Also, I don't think this place is a good average on whether the movie is good or not. Majority of this forum is over the MCU as per the other thread made about the MCU. If you are over the MCU yourself than you most likely won't like the film.

If you say so about profits not being sabotage then Ok. Only time will tell. But that doesn't make go away the shady things we've heard about Disney , Rotten Tomatoes and Capitain Marvel movie tickets anyway.
And no, I'm not done with MCU yet. But I'm done with secret agendas over a good story.

Do you mean profits for Wrinkly or Captain Marvel
Profits for Captain Marvel. Some controverses last longer than the expected.

MetalAlien

Banned
Well....this seems to be the quietest and shortest controversey in movie history then.
Now that Disney and Hollywood in general have taken a very agressive active control of the review websites, forums are probably the only place you will ever see unbiased opinions about movies again. That is until they make negative movie reviews illegal.... which they are trying to do.

LMJ

While I think the entire Captain Marvel scandal is ultimately overplayed, it did show one important thing...

That sites such as rotten tomatoes and reviews can be influenced by giant corporations which is pretty disgusting...

While I don't think were heading toward the absurdity that MetalAlien MetalAlien said...it is a slippery slope.

Weiji

Banned
Awww shit someone from media is not following the script..

He's basically telling the if you somewhat insult the audience who want to see your movie then you can expect some form of negativity back.

Is this guy for real? /s

EDIT: his name is Roz Weston if some of you wonder.

Haha the guy on the right has this look on his face the whole time like... is he just saying this stuff? I thought we weren't allowed to say this stuff... how do I argue with... I... can't... Beeb-boop programing not found.

Top Bottom