• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Come 2to buttocks. i welcom thee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eusis

[Those who] are mad about Bayonetta getting a sequel on Wii U will be somewhat unhappy about what MS is moneyhatting with Platinum. Other Japanese devs in play too but Kamiya is the only one I am solid on. Game not for North Amerika or Europe by the way, which makes no sense or whatsoever.

...that's what I'm getting out of it but no idea why Bayonetta is mentioned....
Huh, could be that too, so we'd have something to envy even COMING to the US at all potentially... and this seems to ignore Platinum seems to actually be more popular here than Japan.

Blitzhex

ass stornm is coming.
ufudyb2.gif

MS moneyhatting Japanese devs to hurt Sony I fucking called it. Someone tell MS Yakuza 5 is worth moneyhatting so we'd get it localized.

truthfacte+4
fy yoi thgouhte poelw er mad about abyoneta going sequeleggy to WeeeeYEWW youl be soemwaht nuhapy babout waht MS i money hateing w/Platfinim/. other jpnj dvs inplay to but KMAIYATown IS ONLY o1 I am solid onon. game NOT for nortamser uior Euroep, btway which maek sno nsense byt hwathever.

^Platinum games is making an Xbox One title is what I got out of that.

To me it sounds like: MS is paying for exclusive games in Japan, but only Platinum is on board right now. The game will be Japan only.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
If you thought people were mad about Bayonetta getting a sequel on Wii U you'll be somewhat unhappy about what MS is moneyhatting with Platinum. Other Japanese devs in play too but Kamiya is the only one I am solid on. Game not for North Amerika or Europe by the way, which makes no sense or whatsoever.

Perhaps Vanquish or maybe a new game similar to Bayonetta?

The fanbases overlapping would be the most obvious reason that comes to mind.

brandnew

truthfacte+4
fy yoi thgouhte poelw er mad about abyoneta going sequeleggy to WeeeeYEWW youl be soemwaht nuhapy babout waht MS i money hateing w/Platfinim/. other jpnj dvs inplay to but KMAIYATown IS ONLY o1 I am solid onon. game NOT for nortamser uior Euroep, btway which maek sno nsense byt hwathever.

^Platinum games is making an Xbox One title is what I got out of that.

Does this mean it's exclusive to Japan?

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
cboat record isn't 100% so I'll wait for some confirmation about the platinum x MS stuf- i mean iwilv w9 4foar cnfaorma1tion 4btouut PRATKamyiya X Maogr0s$tr0ft.

RulkezX

If you thought people were mad about Bayonetta getting a sequel on Wii U you'll be somewhat unhappy about what MS is moneyhatting with Platinum. Other Japanese devs in play too but Kamiya is the only one I am solid on. Game not for North Amerika or Europe by the way, which makes no sense or whatsoever.

Because it's an exclusive people were annoyed about ?

All he is saying is people that were pissed about Platinum going platform exclusive with Bayo 2 will be pissed of that MS are moneyhating them for a Japan only XO exclusive.

Samyy

So I guess if you want an Xbox but are upset about paying for Kinect wait and see what happens this winter?

I like how most of the posts are like "This is very interesting information! Are you able to tell us more?" and not "...what the FUCK did I just try to read?"

My head is going to explode.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
I think I got all of it, but I'm gonna need a translation to be sure. Can't believe Sony have their shit together already.

jcm

Didn't get this, something about moneyhatted exclusive like bayonetta?

Oh, stewardess, I speak jive.

Truth Fact #4
If you thought people were mad about the Bayonetta sequel going to Wii U you will be somewhat unhappy about what MS is moneyhatting with Platinum. Other Japanese developers are in play, too, but Kamiya-town (Platinum) is the only one I am certain of. The game is not for North America or Europe, by the way, which makes no sense, but whatever.

Finalizer

Nyomigawd posting in a buttocks thread.

It all sounds like the Xbone really needs more time in the cooker all-around. I'd also be extremely surprised to see a Kinect-less SKU appear any earlier than 2 years after the thing has shipped; I'd have figured MS would really try to ride the Kinect ship until it was proven with total certainty that it's guaranteed to weigh the entire Xbox platform down heavily. Or maybe things really are just that dire in the MS camp?

If that P* game is exclusive to Japan (which I may be misinterpreting from CBOAT's gobbledegook) then I bet it's just a download game.

DaBuddaDa

If you thought people were mad about Bayonetta sequel going to Wii U, you'll be somewhat unhappy about what Microsoft is money hatting with Platinum. Other Japanese developers are in play too, but Platinum is the only one I am solid on. Game is not for NA or EU, by the way, which makes no sense, but whatever.

Mandoric

Banned
TL:

No livestream from GDC due to yield issues, 15-20% performance drops in latest SDK--this is a normal setback for console development, and will be fixed, but not in time for an early October launch...

... Certainly not for all 21 countries. Localization is BS; look at official/spoken languages in countries that did/didn't make it. I was right on yield issues, and this is pushing launch titles, Smartglass, etc. back. (One unified process having its costs?)

PS4 SDKs effectively final, launch in late October.

MS has picked up a Platinum exclusive... And has no plans to release in NA/Europe. Talks with other JP devs are also ongoing, but CBoAT can only guarantee this one.

Bigpark has canceled their MOBA project, shifted entirely to TV focus. Dev talent to Big Tusk or gone completely. Rare on Kinect.

New indie policy not finalized, details post-launch

Early September surprise.
CBoAT backing down on previous claims of Kinectless SKU; new potential for console-only SKU in March-April based on launch performance.

Bsigg12

The system's software and driver layer isn't ready.

He says this is common, but it does sink an October launch.

I wonder if Microsoft heard Sony was launching in October and were going to try and beat them to it but can't get their software right. Either way, this week should be entertaining

NotLiquid

truthfacte+4

If this is something that'd legitimately upset people, I can't see it be a new IP. The only thing I can think of is either Vanquish 2 or Metal Gear Rising 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom