• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Come watch neverending AI-generated Seinfeld episodes on Twitch

The best parts are the laughing out of context and cutting to the building after an awkward pause.

I enjoy those too, and also the "not quite Seinfeld" names they gave to each character.

I watched a few minutes of the stream with some buddies. The parts we ended up laughing at the most were when any of the characters attempt to sit down. They move really slowly, clip through the furniture, contort in weird ways, or do some combination of these.

Nostalgic surrealism might just be the future of comedy.

Last edited:

SJRB

Poor Larry just got himself banned

From the Discord:

Hey everybody. Here's the latest: we received a 14-day suspension due to what Larry Feinberg said tonight during a club bit. We've appealed the ban, and we'll let you know as we know more on what Twitch decides. Regardless of the outcome of the appeal, we'll be back and will spend the time working to ensure to the best of our abilities that nothing like that happens again.

Last edited:

SJRB

The stream is usually in "make sense" mode, which is basically a safe mode that restricts the AI's scripts and it tries to make the most coherent sentences. There's also "make some sense" and "nonsense" modes.

I can appreciate the irony of setting an AI in "make some sense" mode and it immediately making jokes about trans people, resulting in a ban from Twitch.

Everything about this is just so dystopian in so many ways.

Jsisto

The stream is usually in "make sense" mode, which is basically a safe mode that restricts the AI's scripts and it tries to make the most coherent sentences. There's also "make some sense" and "nonsense" modes.

I can appreciate the irony of setting an AI in "make some sense" mode and it immediately making jokes about trans people, resulting in a ban from Twitch.

Everything about this is just so dystopian in so many ways.
It’s like they told Larry β€œjust this one time, tell us what you’re really thinking about”, and he said β€œfuck it, im going all in”.

Cant wait to listen to his Joe Rogan interview in a few weeks.

What sucks is that this will just ensure that absolutely nothing offensive or interesting in any way is ever said during the stream, which is dumb considering Seinfeld had story arcs about Elaine's favorite contraceptive and an episode with Japanese businessmen sleeping in Kramer's dresser.

Gorgyles

Banned
Anything authentic will be banned henceforth.
Please only create content from the pre-approved words list.

I love how they switched to a model without biased content filters and finally got something funny.
And now it's dead.

Maiden Voyage

Goldβ„’ Member
A freaking schoobus sized balloon just flew over the United States
3A70wxUpplD4V3IcL8WmNFBgAbV.jpg

BlackTron

It's intriguing that just as AI is coming out with this kind of capability, society is at this most awkward point. It's extremely weird when you think about how this will look in the history of technology, and how the current climate will have shaped and affected its development.

Composer

Any Star Trek fans?? Soo... I may have created my own endlessly generated by AI show.

I'm doing a stress test stream for the next couple of days and then we'll enable more scenes, movement, and music in the next couple of weeks.

Last edited:
Eh, not sure if I see the point now, and there wasn't much of a point before! They only had the one thing going for them, but with the character and others changes it's just not the same.

Eh, not sure if I see the point now, and there wasn't much of a point before! They only had the one thing going for them, but with the character and others changes it's just not the same.

I watched "Season 2" for about 3 minutes, and I agree. Are the characters and settings modeled after a different sitcom now? My ignorance might be showing, but I know way more about Seinfeld than I do other 90s sitcoms.

SJRB

It seems they removed every Seinfeld reference. Characters, apartment, transitions, jazzy tunes, everything seems gone.

Oof, even the standup is gone, he writes a blog now.

This is kinda whack.

Edit: and it seems the word "Seinfeld" is banned in chat. Bigger oof.

Last edited:

Maiden Voyage

Goldβ„’ Member
Yeah, I watched a bit yesterday. I was trying for a bit to figure out what show they were replicating but I don't think there is one. The dialog improved and I do like some of the new settings. The monologs and characters are much less entertaining.

I wonder if they were worried about a lawsuit or something. Or cancel culture is hitting the AI world now. Free Larry.

Last edited:
So what changed?
Well first off, the entire premise changed and it is barely like Seinfeld anymore. Graphics, animations, number of people, scenarios (no more standup), etc. It just doesn't have the same charm.

I think the biggest thing is the dialog is just completely uninteresting now. It is kind of a paradox, but it is like the dialog got much better but boring. Sure their sentences and overall conversation flow together better now and sound more natural, but as a result they say even more boring stuff. Before it was kind of a mess, but often so weird it was entertaining just to hear what strange shit they were going to say - and whenever they actually managed to say something funny or interesting it was like finding a pot of gold. Now its just never-ending lame dialog.

I'll give it a few more watching sessions before totally writing it off, but it is really disappointing.

Top Bottom