• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS|OT|October 2017- The only thing scarier than Messi's avatar are Marvels sales

Sandfox

what a fucken non-article

i was really hyped for some juice

"Should we post on Twitter?"
"I don't know."
"Me neither."

Pretty much. The only news in the article is the twitter thing with the rest being a ton of fluff and stuff we already knew. Gotta get them clicks though.

Sandfox

No, I mean that’s what they’re probably going to do. Waid has done nothing with Viv and she’s clearly on the chopping block next year despite Marvel announcing a Vision follow-up by Cain.

That never happened. Bleedingcool reported that Cain apparently said she was writing a Vision book while giving a speech on a cruise(or something like that) and we haven't heard anything from anyone since.

That never happened. Bleedingcool reported that Cain apparently said she was writing a Vision book while giving a speech on a cruise(or something like that) and we haven't heard anything from anyone since.
IIRC other people on the cruise like Simone congratulated Cain on twitter

Messi

They’ll just kill a few legacy heroes like Viv, Falcon and Teen Jean for shockvalue and to increase sales a bit.

Killing teen heroes to get sales from an audience they claim doesn't exist?

Viv won't get killed she will disappear never to be asked about again al a singularity and Eva bell. Only to be remembered for her part in Kings Vision, nothing more.

Sandfox

lmao. The problem was their brand was getting stale with no change. Now they think they changed too much. It's going to take a while for them to get it, huh?
I'm curious to see what the end result is in terms of content when the older heroes return. You have to shake up the older heroes every once in a while, but Marvel created a replacement for almost every character.
IIRC other people on the cruise like Simone congratulated Cain on twitter

I don't remember that happening, but either way there was never a book announcement.

Killing teen heroes to get sales from an audience they claim doesn't exist?

Viv won't get killed she will disappear never to be asked about again al a singularity and Eva bell. Only to be remembered for her part in Kings Vision, nothing more.
You did see the Champions solicit, right?

I'm curious to see what the end result is in terms of content when the older heroes return. You have to shake up the older heroes every once in a while, but Marvel created a replacement for almost every character.

Because they seem to like blanket solutions. It was apparently too much to ask for them to go book-by-book and determine what needed tweaking and what needed a complete overhaul.

Sandfox

Because they seem to like blanket solutions. It was apparently too much to ask for them to go book-by-book and determine what needed tweaking and what needed a complete overhaul.

I think they saw the reception of certain diverse books around that time frame and decided to go all in on it. Now the older heroes being replaced is the biggest complaint from fans and retailers, which is why things are changing again.

I think they saw the reception of certain diverse books around that time frame and decided to go all in on it. Now the older heroes being replaced is the biggest complaint from fans and retailers, which is why things are changing again.

Watch people complain again when the original heroes come back.

Marvel will then do away with all heroes and focus exclusively on slice-of-life books.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Finally got my Low Deluxe Edition in the main, its freaking huge! Remender really knows how to put together an awesome package.

I'll keep this in mind, I almost bought the Low trades recently myself but held off. What exactly are the bonus extras like for the full deluxe?

All his hardcovers are that sized at image

I know. I'm just not a big fan of the format. The bindings aren't as snug as they are on the smaller books.

I'd read a book focusing on Peter Parker's life or students at the X-School lol.

That reminds me, is Mary-Jane Loves Spider-Man available on CMX? I've wanted to read that forever but one of the hardcover volumes was out of print.

Weiss

Banned
I know. I'm just not a big fan of the format. The bindings aren't as snug as they are on the smaller books.

That reminds me, is Mary-Jane Loves Spider-Man available on CMX? I've wanted to read that forever but one of the hardcover volumes was out of print.

Yup.

Vic_Viper

I'll keep this in mind, I almost bought the Low trades recently myself but held off. What exactly are the bonus extras like for the full deluxe?

Theres like a 30 page art book in the back full of concept designs, sketches, layouts and a variant cover gallary. then there are a bunch of scripts and bios after that.

I really like the Absolute Edition sized Deluxe Editions for Remender's books especially since he always works with some of the best artists in the industry.

Wanderer5

Anyone read Zombillenium? I just took notice of this series, cause I be seeing the film tomorrow at an animation festival, and the premise is a bit interesting. Not sure I am going to check out the comic out, but looking forward to the movie.

mreddie

FREEZA AND SANDFOX FIGHTING?

latest

Top Bottom