• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cryptocurrency |OT| Nothing from Money

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
It's going down again now so good time to get in. I think it could hit at least $1 to $2 within 2018.

I shoulda all in'd on XBY god dammit. First crypto I bought to hold ever too. All because someone mentioned here months ago

I think $1 or $2 is a very conservative estimate if it gets "noticed"

superfly

I am keen to buy xby. I am new to this and was going to buy some BTC on coinbase and use that to buy xby, but the id verification hasn't worked for 3 days. Anyone recommend an alternative method?

User Vehn (who probably is no longer a member here since this was his last post) mentioned an interesting Discord link in this thread earlier:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=252958443&postcount=6458

Anyone able to join that Discord group when this referral link was still active? Any chance of getting an invite now?

I am keen to buy xby. I am new to this and was going to buy some BTC on coinbase and use that to buy xby, but the id verification hasn't worked for 3 days. Anyone recommend an alternative method?

Coinbase verification is also not working for me (although it's only been 2 hours or so). A friend was verified within a few minutes earlier today.

spyshagg

Should not be allowed to breed
User Vehn (who probably is no longer a member here since this was his last post) mentioned an interesting Discord link in this thread earlier:

Anyone able to join that Discord group when this referral link was still active? Any chance of getting an invite now?

Coinbase verification is also not working for me (although it's only been 2 hours or so). A friend was verified within a few minutes earlier today.
i'm also interested

vehn

you don't want to join pump and dump discord groups. If you don't have the coin bought within a minute or two of the pump announcing... you'll buy in only to get dumped on. Not fun.

Join a group like this instead --- very active and they talk about daytrading / swingtrading coins mostly

https://discord.gg/vtuKPtA

(also let this thread die already. use the ... other thread)

Relativ9

So I'm just now getting into investing into crypto, of course, probably like most people here, I heard about Bitcoin when it was first launched, and am kicking myself for not buying/mining it when it was early. I have a friend who's made almost 100k the last year advising me, but I figured the more the marrier. Right now I have a certain percentage invested into his portfolio so if he earns I earn. But I'm also investing some money on my own as well (mainly to learn), got a bit of money in Oyster Pearl (it's not a lot, and the "product" seems promising), and I'm looking to invest into some other up-and-coming coins, any recommendations?.

Luschient

I've been into the main coins like BTC, ETH, and LTC for a few months now and just recently started branching out into some alt coins. Sites like Binance, Cryptopia and others are currently not allowing new registration so I was unable to get in on them and buy. I did finally get on Bleutrade and have been very impressed with their site. Very clean and stable so far. They have 30 or so coins currently listed so check them out and see if any look good to you.

you don't want to join pump and dump discord groups. If you don't have the coin bought within a minute or two of the pump announcing... you'll buy in only to get dumped on. Not fun.

Join a group like this instead --- very active and they talk about daytrading / swingtrading coins mostly

https://discord.gg/vtuKPtA

(also let this thread die already. use the ... other thread)
Is there another GAFCrypto thread? Can't seem to find one

If you'd like your account to be banned pretty quickly then go ahead. Those services don't allow it.

Are you sure about that? There's nothing inherently illegal about cryptomining, and plus, at least in AWS, amazon has no access to what programs are running on your instance.

Blam

Are you sure about that? There's nothing inherently illegal about cryptomining, and plus, at least in AWS, amazon has no access to what programs are running on your instance.

Yes but if they catch wind that you're mining on their servers then they usually ban the account as it's usually also really bad for performance on the entire server farm when it is done. Seems like AWS allows it. Not sure about Azure but I know their free trials will ban nearly instantly for it

Yes but if they catch wind that you're mining on their servers then they usually ban the account as it's usually also really bad for performance on the entire server farm when it is done. Seems like AWS allows it. Not sure about Azure but I know their free trials will ban nearly instantly for it

ok, that makes more sense then. I've seen a few tutorials re: people buying spot instances on xlarge multi GPU instances in AWS. I just didn't know if it was even profitable. For $1.60 an hour i was thinking it might be a fun project to mine some up and coming currencies just to understand how the tech works.

Last edited:

Blam

ok, that makes more sense then. I've seen a few tutorials re: people buying spot instances on xlarge multi GPU instances in AWS. I just didn't know if it was even profitable. For $1.60 an hour i was thinking it might be a fun project to mine some up and coming currencies just to understand how the tech works.
Yeah don't use it for anything established lol not a good idea. Maybe Monero, but things like Garlicoin should work wonders on those.

Cryptos will be the way we use money, but it will be controlled by the government. It will take over, but probably not in the way we want. The problem is that the whole industry is way too fragmented for use. The only thing that will consolidate it is a big organization adopting one currency. (like amazon, or the fed)

I got into crypto recently. Been mining some XMR since it's easier to do on CPU. Picking up usually 500-600H/s and invested 0.0005 BTC's worth into Binance.

crowbrow

Banned
Yea my Bitcoin shot up a lot in my wallet. It was 830USD last week and now its 999 USD. Woot.

Pretty big news for XRP, buy that shit

crowbrow

Banned
There's so much crypto shit out there? What's a good point to start and buy some? what would you guys recommend?!
Read a lot and maybe find a trading group if you want to start trading. Get the basics first from wikipedia or whatever. For buying you probably will need an exchange like Binance but, depending on where you live, they can have restrictions. For example, Binance in 90 days will not allow people from the US to trade in their platform because of US crypto regulations so they are going to make a new platform for US users that will probably be more restricted than the current one.

Main two rules of crypto IMO:

1. Only invest what you're willing to lose
2. Security security security. Keep your assets as safe as possible.

The rest is just a combination of being informed and knowing the technical details of trading and also a bunch of luck specially if you trade. But trading needs time and dedication. Buying and holding the asset is what serves most users that want to have a life outside trading and looking at charts. If you want to see which assets to focus on maybe look into the top 10-15 in market cap coins, they usually have something going on for them like interesting tech and partnerships other than being a toy for speculators.

But be aware that the list changes constantly and could also show coins that have nothing really interesting going on but they are currently surrounded by hype for whatever reasons.

Top Bottom