• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls Mafia |OT| Git Gud or Die Trying

If I had to guess alignments without caring about connections, it would look like this:

Sawneeks - Town/Scum

Nin - Scum/Neutral

Oreo - Scum/Neutral

Isaac - Town/Scum

Sawneeks

Banned
I would say the three of you lot(muffin, nin, and oreo) are more independent than me. This game has lot of awfully neutral voices that it's hard to fathom who is who. But how about partnering each of us with Sawneeks? Have you considered the thought? Lone towniest with four independents? What are the odds? If she's not dead tomorrow then I'll bet she's probably scum.

You know, if you have a case against me you can present it.

Or you and your buddy Oreo can just poke and prod with the shade, that's fine too.

Who would you want to lynch today, Saw?

I still have to think about it, but if I come to the conclusion that Nin as neutral makes the most sense, I'll have to vote somebody else, probably oreo. What about you?

Oreo. You've already pointed out a lot of his posts today and I agree with you that they are scum reads for the sake of it without taking into account the connections that exist. Not to mention his 'I scum read Muffin but voted Nin' post, though the fact you brought it up is making me pause on potential teams.

I think he's likely to be Scum, though who his potential partner is ( you or Isaac ) is why I'm doing a re-read right now.

Sawneeks

Banned
If I recall correctly, the way things are resolved in this site, it would be a coin flip instead of a no-lynch. Can the mod please confirm this? Because if so, then this would make your idea wrong.

Typically a tie here ends in a No Lynch and neither players die. Squidy might be going by other rules and he can confirm but typically that's what happens.

You know, if you have a case against me you can present it.
My case entirely rests on you. Tomorrow. Alive. A bunch of wine in front of me that I can't drink because I'm not of legal age.

Not everybody takes connections into account. If people are so adept in bussing their teammates where they wouldn't bat an eye voting/starting a lynching bandwagon, then these connections might be town's downfall.

Typically a tie here ends in a No Lynch and neither players die. Squidy might be going by other rules and he can confirm but typically that's what happens.
I'm almost sure a coin-flip was made, at least at one of the games I've played in. I guess let's wait on this.

DAY 6 CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

No active vote for Day 6: isaacnukem, Muffin1611, nin1000, oreomunsta, Sawneeks

Day 6 Postcount: isaacnukem 15, Muffin1611 22, nin1000 5, oreomunsta 6, Sawneeks 16

Day 6 ends:
bla_1507057200.png

Automated vote tally here

3 votes for majority

Sawneeks

Banned
I think that with Muffin, despite his tunneling on me, we can work with him through the rest of the game much more easily than with Nin, who is consistently coming off as screwing with us all

Hey Oreo, what did you mean by this? And how does this affect your choices for today?

Sawneeks

Banned
I expect an oreo/muffin combo as mafia. That would be my guess.

So it's
2 mafia v 2 Town v 1 neutral

Whoever the neutral is.
You did good

How come you take a guess at who Mafia is but not at who the Neutral is?

My case entirely rests on you. Tomorrow. Alive. A bunch of wine in front of me that I can't drink because I'm not of legal age.

Not everybody takes connections into account. If people are so adept in bussing their teammates where they wouldn't bat an eye voting/starting a lynching bandwagon, then these connections might be town's downfall.

You understand it's incredibly likely the game ends before then, right? The only way it doesn't is if the Neutral lives, ignites most of Scum, and at least 1 Townie makes it out unscathed.

Sawneeks

Banned
Nin's activity, to me, has crossed a point of plausibility as a quirky town player. His activity the last day changed significantly, too, after his odd behavior was a point of critique.

You, muffin, are a bit more of a gut read than nin, hence my vote on him over you, but I don't buy you as a townie.

At this moment, though, I'm still inclined to pursue the nin lynch

What makes you not 'buy Muffin as a Townie'? Something more specific than a vague 'it's a gut read', please.

And how would you describe Nin's play changing? How so? And why is that a point against him when Muffin has arguably done the same in his early game vs late game?

Have Oreo and Isaac ever interacted much with each other? I'll go look but if anyone has anything that would be helpful. :x

I'll address this before it spirals into another mistake of a lynch. No, I haven't interacted lots with Isaac. He's been mostly addressed some of the more talkative players in the game. We've had reads on each other, but think that's it

Hey Oreo, what did you mean by this? And how does this affect your choices for today?

What I meant by that was that if we were going into today, I would have rather had Muffin in over Nin. With Muffin, you at least have someone who addresses and answers things well, while with Nin, you get more shenanigans that you don't really want in a situation like this

What makes you not 'buy Muffin as a Townie'? Something more specific than a vague 'it's a gut read', please.

And how would you describe Nin's play changing? How so? And why is that a point against him when Muffin has arguably done the same in his early game vs late game?

What would you find specific? I don't see him as town in the same vain that you and others see me as a neutral, or as this day is revealing, scum now.

Nin has seemed to change a bit since his antics were getting called out. I see him being more reserved, and turning sour to me and those who weren't seeing his play as a that our a town player acting funny.

How would you say Muffin's play has changed?

nin1000

Banned
I'm also eagerly awaiting some of you to jump one me for 'defending Nin', but I do want an explanation for his moves the last Day Phase considering what we now know. He was on the chopping block and FEP was Town, if Nin wasn't Town why would he risk being lynched like that instead of just lynching an innocent FEP? It doesn't make any sense.

Thank you!

Sawneeks

Banned
I'll address this before it spirals into another mistake of a lynch. No, I haven't interacted lots with Isaac. He's been mostly addressed some of the more talkative players in the game. We've had reads on each other, but think that's it

?

It was an honest question, I didn't remember you two interacting much and wanted to know if there was something I missed. You don't need to get that defensive over it. :x

What I meant by that was that if we were going into today, I would have rather had Muffin in over Nin. With Muffin, you at least have someone who addresses and answers things well, while with Nin, you get more shenanigans that you don't really want in a situation like this

Gotcha. How is that affecting your lynch choice though? Would you still rather lynch Nin over Muffin or vice versa?

What would you find specific? I don't see him as town in the same vain that you and others see me as a neutral, or as this day is revealing, scum now.

Nin has seemed to change a bit since his antics were getting called out. I see him being more reserved, and turning sour to me and those who weren't seeing his play as a that our a town player acting funny.

How would you say Muffin's play has changed?

'I gut read him as not-town' doesn't give me any idea as to why you feel that way. Does he vote weird? Is there something you don't like about the questions he asks? Something specific like that, or if you have quotes that would be find too. Mostly something more than just a 'I don't feel he's town' vibe.

How does his vote throwing at the end of the last Day Phase show he's more reserved?

I pointed out way earlier in the game ( I'll get the post if you want it ) but he was rather quiet and reserved early on and wouldn't do much until I, or someone else, would call him out on it and then he would get active. He's since shifted and no longer needs to be prodded for his thoughts/questions, a pretty sharp contrast to Day 1 Muffin. That's why I asked why you didn't consider that point against him, you even agreed with this point way back on Day 3 ( ? ) or so for similar reasons.

Oh, I very much think that it is still isaac.
Or oreo.

Don't you have Oreo listed as Scum as well?

follow-up question since you're active when I'm sleeping - who do you want to lynch today?

nin1000

Banned
Don't you have Oreo listed as Scum as well?

ok to be perfectly clear its something like this

Isaac : Neutral/Mafia
Oreo : Mafia
Muffin : Mafia
Nin : Town
Saw : Town

follow-up question since you're active when I'm sleeping - who do you want to lynch today?

In the end it comes down to the neutral, since i do not know if he doused another player and will ignite tonight. Making it his sole victory.
But to make it even easier. It comes down to the two of us Saw.
Mafia made a pretty good move to let me live this long, since my playstile just is as sketchy as it can be from being me.
Oreo and Isaac want me both dead, muffin is flip floppig but i am pretty sure that he will also vote me out since he wanted to do it for so long, and not following up with his dreams is crushing him inside. I am trying but it just feels like an impossible fight.

Hell i am pretty sure that Isaac is mafia/Neutral after i said i would be using the shaq gif, implying that i would be giving up.

Use it now? :)

We are in the end game. It just reeks like a anti player got too ballsy.
No Town oriented player would push another town player to suicide.
Just no it does not make sense. Even if Isaac tries to make it out to be a joke.
There are no jokes in the end game and it comes down to the little stuff like this.

I made up my mind.

?

It was an honest question, I didn't remember you two interacting much and wanted to know if there was something I missed. You don't need to get that defensive over it. :x

Gotcha. How is that affecting your lynch choice though? Would you still rather lynch Nin over Muffin or vice versa?

'I gut read him as not-town' doesn't give me any idea as to why you feel that way. Does he vote weird? Is there something you don't like about the questions he asks? Something specific like that, or if you have quotes that would be find too. Mostly something more than just a 'I don't feel he's town' vibe.

How does his vote throwing at the end of the last Day Phase show he's more reserved?

I pointed out way earlier in the game ( I'll get the post if you want it ) but he was rather quiet and reserved early on and wouldn't do much until I, or someone else, would call him out on it and then he would get active. He's since shifted and no longer needs to be prodded for his thoughts/questions, a pretty sharp contrast to Day 1 Muffin. That's why I asked why you didn't consider that point against him, you even agreed with this point way back on Day 3 ( ? ) or so for similar reasons.

Sorry sawn, I mean nothing personal by getting defensive over the question :) this is just a tight spot to be in at this point in the game, and one l little thing can lead to a lynch

It's less than ideal to me that we have both of them coming into this day, but I'll still take a Nin lynch over muffin. Right now, my suspicions are that between you, nin, and muffin, we have our two scum. Isaac is my neutral guess. There's no path to a town victory if we focus on the neutral today, so unless my read on isaac changes, I won't be pursuing a neutral lynch.

My suspicions of muffin started with what I felt to be attempts to sidetrack the conversation to hunting the neutral in D2, even if was just posed as a series of questions. Since then, we've done some tunneling in on each other, and I haven't seen muffin do much to shake off that initial suspicion. That being said, however, he isn't my strongest scum lean, since he refutes my suspicions well enough that I have to stop and think :/

When I talked about nin's reservations, it's more about his activity throughout the rest of the day. He was pretty quiet during the last couple of day phases, I thought, but still would come out at the end of day madness to try to land a wacky lynch

To your observations on Muffin's activity, I'm not sure I'd draw that as much of a negative except for the point where you claim he changed behavior after you called him out. I'm a quiet player, so I get not having a lot of activity in the first few days, and being called out on it is like having a fire lit under your seat lol

nin1000

Banned
Nin you aren't making any sense.

And why do you keep ignoring my FEP question? This is twice now.

Sorry which one?
and why am i not making any sense ?

i think you are town, that makes two of us.
I think Oreo aswell as Isaac made up their minds and want me dead
Muffin is still saying that he is unsure but deep inside he knows he wants me dead ( even though his mind is telling him that it does not fit the profile)

nin1000

Banned
Nin, why didn't you vote for FEP yesterday?

Similarly, why did you keep jumping around so much in the votes right at the end?

I did not want to vote for him because i knew, even though he killed himself with all his rantings about Monkey being the Godfather ( which i believed aswell ) i knew that he could not be Mafia. I wanted someone else gone, not him.
I did not adress this up to now because Muffin was just waiting for me to give my thoughts on the matter. He claims that i will take the moral high ground.
I would have voted for everyone else ( which i kinda did )

Sawneeks

Banned
Sorry which one?
and why am i not making any sense ?

i think you are town, that makes two of us.
I think Oreo aswell as Isaac made up their minds and want me dead
Muffin is still saying that he is unsure but deep inside he knows he wants me dead ( even though his mind is telling him that it does not fit the profile)

I asked you 3 questions and you only initially answered 1 of them.

When I asked you who you wanted lynched you gave me a bunch of sentences about how you'll be mislynched and how terrible it is, how it comes down to the Neutral igniting people, etc. etc. without actually answering my question. Not to mention ignoring my FEP question multiple times.

I did not want to vote for him because i knew, even though he killed himself with all his rantings about Monkey being the Godfather ( which i believed aswell ) i knew that he could not be Mafia. I wanted someone else gone, not him.
I did not adress this up to now because Muffin was just waiting for me to give my thoughts on the matter. He claims that i will take the moral high ground.
I would have voted for everyone else ( which i kinda did )

Muffin wasn't asking you the question Nin, I was. Ignoring the question is even more damning, why do you care if Muffin gets on your case? If you are so concerned with your survival and how people perceive you, start arguing for other people and don't just keep taking this defensive route.

Also to your 'I believed Monkey to be the Godfather' answer, why didn't you argue for others? You jumped on everyone else except FEP and I believe me without actually arguing for any of your other choices. Did none of FEP's arguments yesterday strike you as odd or contrived? Nothing Monkey said made you believe she was Town? How come you didn't say any of that?

Sawneeks

Banned
Why does it feel like Muffin and I are the only ones actually trying to solve this.

ok to be perfectly clear its something like this

Isaac : Neutral/Mafia
Oreo : Mafia
Muffin : Mafia
Nin : Town
Saw : Town

Didn't you just tell me you thought Oreo could be Neutral.

In the end it comes down to the neutral, since i do not know if he doused another player and will ignite tonight. Making it his sole victory.
But to make it even easier. It comes down to the two of us Saw.
Mafia made a pretty good move to let me live this long, since my playstile just is as sketchy as it can be from being me.
Oreo and Isaac want me both dead, muffin is flip floppig but i am pretty sure that he will also vote me out since he wanted to do it for so long, and not following up with his dreams is crushing him inside. I am trying but it just feels like an impossible fight.

Hell i am pretty sure that Isaac is mafia/Neutral after i said i would be using the shaq gif, implying that i would be giving up.

We are in the end game. It just reeks like a anti player got too ballsy.
No Town oriented player would push another town player to suicide.
Just no it does not make sense. Even if Isaac tries to make it out to be a joke.
There are no jokes in the end game and it comes down to the little stuff like this.

I made up my mind.

Made up your mind about what?

I'm also confused on how to the Neutral player is going to get the 'solo victory' like you said. Actually, question for you, why do you think the Neutral didn't ignite last night?

Nin, how many times do you want to repeat that I want you dead to make me feel bad about it or something so that I let you off the hook?

Why does it feel like Muffin and I are the only ones actually trying to solve this.

Well when you say "solve this", what is the current question you're trying to answer? Is anyone in specific the scum or the neutral? What is the best path for town today? What does one person feel about another?

Are we all in agreement that if town does not hit scum today, they're toast? We can clarify that if there are questions over it.

Maybe can we also have statements from everyone saying who they would vote for right now (only one vote) and a quick why?

I'd vote for nin due to his very erratic behavior and difficulty in getting straight answers from. To me it's gone past the point where I can believe he's misguided town.

Sawneeks, oreo, and nin, can you comment on the meta playstyle of the other two players?

I think my comments for nin are explained above. Sawneeks is a very good player, but one of the most dangerous in the whole game, I'd say. If she's town, then she does a good job of pushing conversations in a variety of directions, and grilling others for others. If she's scum or neutral, then she's done a good job of guiding town in conditions favorable to her and getting others to follow her example. This is my dilemma with her.

Overall, she's been a pretty consistent player, so no changes over the course of the game that I can speak to

Sawneeks

Banned
Sawneeks, oreo, and nin, can you comment on the meta playstyle of the other two players?

Oreo - Can't say much, the only game I was in with him besides this one was Pineapple Pizza Mafia and we both subbed out only after about a Day Phase and a half. I do remember him being kinda 'direct' with his thoughts if that makes sense, even though he was fairly quiet in that game. I believe he was in Anime Mafia before that but I never fully read that game so I can't really say much one way or another.

Nin - So, I made my whole post earlier about the different Meta Nins yadda yadda but now I'm at a point where I'm wondering if I'm wrong. I went and looked at other old games Nin had been in and something I noticed between all his different alignments was the level of aggression. Town!Nin was pretty aggressive and called people stupid or idiots a lot, Mafia/Neutral Nin didn't do that to the same degree.

Sawneeks

Banned
Well when you say "solve this", what is the current question you're trying to answer? Is anyone in specific the scum or the neutral? What is the best path for town today? What does one person feel about another?

Are we all in agreement that if town does not hit scum today, they're toast? We can clarify that if there are questions over it.

Maybe can we also have statements from everyone saying who they would vote for right now (only one vote) and a quick why?

I'd vote for nin due to his very erratic behavior and difficulty in getting straight answers from. To me it's gone past the point where I can believe he's misguided town.

Basically all 3 of those. Nin has only really come in and made weird side-comments and laments his mislynch, you've been answering questions but only recently start asking more of them, and Isaac just feels like he's 'here'.

I don't think anyone has been 'let's lynch the neutral over scum' unless I missed something.

For my vote? I'm torn again. >.>

I want to vote you, Oreo, because I've had my doubts about you all game due to your consistent OMGUS votes, obsession over numbers to a point where you didn't scum hunt, and now both your response to me asking about you and Isaac and your post the last Day Phase where you suspected Muffin but voted Nin.

I'm back to doubting Nin now too, because I'm worried I just cleared him in my head for too long and just glossed over him without really looking. I don't think his actions the last Day Phase make much sense as Anti-Town but his refusal to answer questions clearly today and his worry over dying and whole 'woe is me' shtick isn't helping my paranoia. Especially considering that's all he's done on what is basically LyLo.

But I also think you both have neutral potential too, especially Nin. Isaac/Muffin I keep flip-flopping on and if Nin IS Anti-Town then I think Muffin is Town, Isaac would be sitting at the other Mafia unless Oreo has been bussing a Scummate Nin for a looong time.

basically i'm WIFOM-ing hard, nin not answering sucks, the spec thread is probably screaming at us, and i hate lylos

Sawneeks

Banned
Unless I'm wrong and Isaac is Neutral and you two have been playing the ultimate game of chicken and Scum!Oreo bussing a Scum!Nin for Days has paid of flawlessly.

Or Muffin is a Scum/Neutral god and picked up his play amazingly well considering this is only his second game ( first full ).

tl;dr my head hurts and there is a sea of wine in front of me

Basically all 3 of those. Nin has only really come in and made weird side-comments and laments his mislynch, you've been answering questions but only recently start asking more of them, and Isaac just feels like he's 'here'.

I don't think anyone has been 'let's lynch the neutral over scum' unless I missed something.

For my vote? I'm torn again. >.>

I want to vote you, Oreo, because I've had my doubts about you all game due to your consistent OMGUS votes, obsession over numbers to a point where you didn't scum hunt, and now both your response to me asking about you and Isaac and your post the last Day Phase where you suspected Muffin but voted Nin.

I'm back to doubting Nin now too, because I'm worried I just cleared him in my head for too long and just glossed over him without really looking. I don't think his actions the last Day Phase make much sense as Anti-Town but his refusal to answer questions clearly today and his worry over dying and whole 'woe is me' shtick isn't helping my paranoia. Especially considering that's all he's done on what is basically LyLo.

But I also think you both have neutral potential too, especially Nin. Isaac/Muffin I keep flip-flopping on and if Nin IS Anti-Town then I think Muffin is Town, Isaac would be sitting at the other Mafia unless Oreo has been bussing a Scummate Nin for a looong time.

basically i'm WIFOM-ing hard, nin not answering sucks, the spec thread is probably screaming at us, and i hate lylos

Lol I asked for only one, Sawn! :]

We have hardly any time left, so it's in town's best interest and neutral's to work on getting scum. If we all know where we currently want to place our vote, it gives us a point of discussion to start from.

Scum will either be pointing out to a single candidate together, or let town and neutral cannibalize themselves if that's the way shit is going. I know that what I argue scum would do can be applied to isaac and me. Lynching me, though, would be a big mistake for town. To prove my point further, scum would need to stick together to win this one, and they know each other, so they probably wouldn't say what I'll say here.

If you think Isaac and I are scum, or that Nin and I are scum, go ahead and take either. I'm not scum, and so have no issue if either of them have to go.

I do have an issue :p

I'm going to vote for nin today. I don't think you're scum oreo, you're most probably the neutral, and if you win, it'll be well deserved.

Sawneeks

Banned
Lol I asked for only one, Sawn! :]

We have hardly any time left, so it's in town's best interest and neutral's to work on getting scum. If we all know where we currently want to place our vote, it gives us a point of discussion to start from.

Scum will either be pointing out to a single candidate together, or let town and neutral cannibalize themselves if that's the way shit is going. I know that what I argue scum would do can be applied to isaac and me. Lynching me, though, would be a big mistake for town. To prove my point further, scum would need to stick together to win this one, and they know each other, so they probably wouldn't say what I'll say here.

If you think Isaac and I are scum, or that Nin and I are scum, go ahead and take either. I'm not scum, and so have no issue if either of them have to go.

Ha, sorry. If I had to pick one it would actually be you, Oreo. I still have trouble wrapping my head around an Anti-Town Nin doing what he did over FEP and nothing today has really swayed me on that other than Muffin's suggestion of Neutral but even then I'm extremely doubtful. Would still like to see his answers to the above questions though.

And for your last point, you say that but at this point having Scum actively defend each other would be crazy. You and Isaac could easily be Scum and just aren't voting for each other despite saying 'yeah i'm open to the possibility' because you have 'other targets' to look at right now. Saying one thing vs doing another are very different things.

Anyway, I'll sleep on it. I'll be here a few hours before Day End like usual, please don't turbo until then. :<

I do have an issue :p

I'm going to vote for nin today. I don't think you're scum oreo, you're most probably the neutral, and if you win, it'll be well deserved.

Lol no hard feelings for what I said I hope :p

Ha, sorry. If I had to pick one it would actually be you, Oreo. I still have trouble wrapping my head around an Anti-Town Nin doing what he did over FEP and nothing today has really swayed me on that other than Muffin's suggestion of Neutral but even then I'm extremely doubtful. Would still like to see his answers to the above questions though.

And for your last point, you say that but at this point having Scum actively defend each other would be crazy. You and Isaac could easily be Scum and just aren't voting for each other despite saying 'yeah i'm open to the possibility' because you have 'other targets' to look at right now. Saying one thing vs doing another are very different things.

Anyway, I'll sleep on it. I'll be here a few hours before Day End like usual, please don't turbo until then. :<

I know I'm likely not going to change your mind on it, Sawn, but I do disagree with you on scum not trying to keep each other safe. This is their best chance at winning the game right now, right?

DAY 6 CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

nin1000 (1) 2 more votes to majority
isaacnukem 1888

No active vote for Day 6: Muffin1611, nin1000, oreomunsta, Sawneeks

Day 6 Postcount: isaacnukem 22, Muffin1611 24, nin1000 13, oreomunsta 12, Sawneeks 28

Day 6 ends:
bla_1507057200.png

Automated vote tally here

3 votes for majority

Top Bottom