• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls Mafia |OT| Git Gud or Die Trying

Ty4on

Trust Nin

I felt like Nin wasn't the neutral from the first arsonist deaths. He seemed like he'd go for someone more high profile, but instead both were low profile.

Great game everyone! I'm sorry for some of the things I had to do and say to stay alive, but this was a very fun game!

Thanks to squiddy and everyone who helped the game run

I want to thank Oreo for not burning me, I don't think I could've taken it.

My character fled Anor Londo once he realized he was all alone, and he was never heard from again.

Also, the Chaos Servant is stationary, how did you guys even get doused :p

So was my thinking that oreo knew Trigger and Christina Mackenzie from past games correct or not?

Umm... I wish I could claim some sort of super read on them, but I just picked them since they were playing at a safe and quiet distance at the time of me burrowing them.

Luck would have it that D3 turned out the way it did o_0

This was a really fun game. My favorite scum game. I hate being scum but it was really fun here. I don't think I would've lasted if I didn't have Sawneeks as a teammate. Stanley, thanks for being the bus we rode on to almost victory. :)

Muffin really did well in the last few days of the game, we just focused on the wrong person.

Also I want to thank everyone in this game, you're all awesome. Also, no altercation I think went on in this one?

Also thanks to the mods! :)

PS: already thanked squidyj yesterday when I realized we were doomed haha

Sawneeks

Banned
So, what do you all think about the open set up??? Feedback, please :)

<3

I enjoyed it. Actually knowing what was in play was helpful in deciding NK actions even if we really didn't know who was dead vs who wasn't since we got no flips.

Still kinda sad about no scum chat ( the shit talking is half the fun ) but I think it actually helped this time around as we could all really ignore each other and do our own thing. Wish we could have discussed NKs but oh well.

All in all I liked the set up and would love to try another open set up with flips the next time around.

Congrats oreo. I actually really thought you were the neutral in the last day. Sawneeks was really pushing hard for you, but I didn't have anything on you at that point so I thought it would be bad if you I voted for you. You were my most neutral read, you played a perfect game.

PS: Sawneeks, one question, why didn't you vote for oreo? You and nin could've voted for him, and there would've been a 5% chance that Muffin switched. But it's all in the past now. I'll listen to you more the next time we play again, you're awesome!

tbh I was doubting them both and I figured you going from 'Nin is maybe Neutral' at the start of this Phase to voting for him meant you thought he was neutral lol. Towards the end though I felt it was a 50/50 shot and once Muffin said he'd go for Nin over Oreo I figured it was done and wouldn't be able to sway him since I wasn't SUPER confident in that myself.

hindsight something something

just hoping next time I get Town because I really need to work on actually Scum/Neutral hunting.

Grats players and GM for completing Dork Souls Mafia!!

Well played, Oreo!!!

MVP for me is Sawneeks <3

Gg town and scummies :D

So, what do you all think about the open set up??? Feedback, please :)

Also, boards are opened now o/

Ditto on really liking the open set up. Leads to less WIFOM mess

Yeah, I liked the open setup.

I had isaac as scum and didn't pursue it. &#128557; I blame Sawneeks because it's more fun than blaming myself.

tbh I was doubting them both and I figured you going from 'Nin is maybe Neutral' at the start of this Phase to voting for him meant you thought he was neutral lol. Towards the end though I felt it was a 50/50 shot and once Muffin said he'd go for Nin over Oreo I figured it was done and wouldn't be able to sway him since I wasn't SUPER confident in that myself.

So what you're saying is even though town was doomed, I at least made scum lose instead of the neutral :p

I can live with that

Oreo I don't think you made anyone mad, you were just flawless as a neutral the entire game. I think we would've stood a chance if we actually tried to hit you but there were a lot of neutral voices in this game.

Sawneeks I actually did think nin was the neutral, his actions on the first day was just too bold and turned out to be too good to be true as a gambit in the end. I was hoping that if oreo was the neutral, he chose to burrow dead players, then chose to burrow Muffin. But you were so good that he didn't pass up the chance to burrow you.

Squidyj the open setup is awesome. I love Mafia games that aren't normal, especially when they have tons of power roles, but even though I didn't have one here it was replaced by the no-flips thing. Also, no-scum chat was awesome, not that I didn't want to speak with Sawneeks and Stan but I think I would've flailed if we had plans in motion.

Also, I said in the scum thread I was sorry in advance for being poor as scum. The site I learned and loved Mafia, I think people always wrote me off as town even when I did the scummiest things, so I was never really confident in playing as one. One time I was so shifty that when I turned out scum, people were telling me I was awesome and how did I do it even though I believed I did nothing extraordinary. Sorry for the rambling, but this game showed me how fun scum could be, also, I think I did it without hurting anyone's feelings. If I did, I'm sorry.

I don't really think I can judge if the open setup was good, I never played anything else completely

Next game I'm signing up for will be a normal one

Sawneeks

Banned
If god is real there will be a future me + monkey scum team with sawneeks as town down the road

I honestly really want this to happen because I feel like I'd trust both of you despite my better judgement

So what you're saying is even though town was doomed, I at least made scum lose instead of the neutral :p

I can live with that

stealing from the Book of Monkey:

yes, it's all your fault. it's more fun to blame you than myself :p

I really liked the open setup. I messed up really bad but i think finding town is a big lesson to learn from this game. I found kits, nin found me. And was promptly lynched for it. We would have had trigger or cm if oreo want so gangster on picks. But all town was lynched on discovery and cm probably would have been lynched without the ignite.

Huge advantage for town to find each other though

The other side of that in this game was that we (town) like had a secondary personal imperative to be suspicious as hell, though. Like we were compelled. Most of the townies, myself included, did at least one thing to foster major suspicion. But generally, I think you're right.

rac

Banned
The other side of that in this game was that we (town) like had a secondary personal imperative to be suspicious as hell, though. Like we were compelled. Most of the townies, myself included, did at least one thing to foster major suspicion. But generally, I think you're right.

that slip comment had me going

hmmmmmmmm

Ty4on

I really liked the open setup. I messed up really bad but i think finding town is a big lesson to learn from this game. I found kits, nin found me. And was promptly lynched for it. We would have had trigger or cm if oreo want so gangster on picks. But all town was lynched on discovery and cm probably would have been lynched without the ignite.

Huge advantage for town to find each other though
That nice, fuzzy feeling when you find town - and are promptly lynched and/or nk'd for doing so &#128517;

nin1000

Banned
Congratulations on the Win Oreo !
Very Well played.
Its kinda becoming a Running joke that i have been playing so many times, yet only was once in a scum Team And everyone thinks that i am scum. But i dont take it personal :D Never! Since its actually so much fun to Play with y‘all.
The thing that urged everyone was that i was loud on D1, but after that towned down a Bit. It was work related and i could Not spend that much Time After that, that somehow pur me in a suspicious Spot.
Kinda Amazing that you saw right through me sawneeks. Even though you were scum.
I tunneled so hard on Monkey being the GF that i completely ignored the other posibility of Saw being it.
Thanks again for everyone who played, i did Not see myself in the end game yet once again i was Part of it.

I Hope there are on hard feelings :3

I Love you Muffin, Even though you lynched me, you are now Part of those that were 100% wrong about me :*

Natiko

Banned
As an observer this was a really fun game to follow. I think the open setup and the lack of role PMs made for an interesting twist to the usual methods. Bet it was a whole different beast to play in though. Congrats Oreo on the win!

Fat4all

Banned
rest of the lot

veOxOcg.png

27mFGnE.png

yzZQg3h.png

FXp9WnO.gif

Top Bottom