• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls Mafia |OT| Git Gud or Die Trying

Sawneeks

Banned
Also a side note but I'll be gone for the rest of the evening, maybe checking in every once and a while. I'll be here for the rest of the Day Phase though. Sorry. :<

monkey :(

Is it possible the neutral is already dead? Would they show up as anti-town? Of course they would. I'll vote for nin and Muffin but if the neutral is still alive(which is probably, most certainly the case), then that means one of oreo and Sawneeks is scum.

Scum + neutral pile
nin####(scum)
Muffin####(neutral)
Sawneeks(probably scum)
oreomunsta(probably scum)

Oreomunsta is on the top of my neutral pile and I honestly don't feel anything bad out of you except null vibes.

Sawneeks is the only town left in my book but now I have to wonder why you're still alive. It's the same jig with hey_monkey and fep.

Things aren't looking good.

*Opens inventory, uses Homeward Bone*

So basically, FEP was town, was completely wrong with his monkey godfather read, and managed to tunnel so irrationally hard that he got himself lynched.

Now I'm stuck with one other person that is town as well, and three others, in my first full game.

I can't take so much responsibility >_>

squidyj

hey_monkey wanted to share this with you all

tumblr_mvdyiqedqd1rk9q7go1_400.gif

The only one left I remotely come near to trust is Saw, and her mistake about anti-town numbers just now would normally be a sign of town. I'm just a bit much paranoid right now to be sure.

At this point for town to win we HAVE to lynch scum and not the neutral and hope the neutral burrowed scum. If we lynch the neutral -> NK -> scum majority.

So basically, FEP was town, was completely wrong with his monkey godfather read, and managed to tunnel so irrationally hard that he got himself lynched.

Now I'm stuck with one other person that is town as well, and three others, in my first full game.

You're new? I kept thinking you're a vet after some point for some reason.

I'm open to lynch anybody besides Saw right now tbh. Especially Nin after his performance yesterday. As if he knew that FEP was town and wanted to claim the moral high ground today that he didn't vote for him.

I'm sure the spec thread is having a laugh at how many times I almost decided on a Nin lynch and then backed out when my suspicion was probably right.

At this point for town to win we HAVE to lynch scum and not the neutral and hope the neutral burrowed scum. If we lynch the neutral -> NK -> scum majority.
We could actually already have lost the game today too if the neutral burrowed the remaining townies. Lynch scum, neutral ignites the rest of us. The neutral should've burrowed twice now, hopefully it was towards the already dead players.

The game could be over tomorrow no matter what we do. But don't let that deter us. Let's do our best.

Also it is probably wise to note who will follow who in this day phase, because the scum will try their best to lynch the neutral. If you see anyone having a change of heart and suddenly believes someone that they weren't suspecting before is scum, magically, out of nowhere because they were "convinced", then they're probably the scum team.

I'm open to lynch anybody besides Saw right now tbh. Especially Nin after his performance yesterday. As if he knew that FEP was town and wanted to claim the moral high ground today that he didn't vote for him.

I'm sure the spec thread is having a laugh at how many times I almost decided on a Nin lynch and then backed out when my suspicion was probably right.
Oh, right. That game let in a lot of new players. I should say you're playing pretty well for a newbie.

Yeah, nin should've been voted out on the first day, now we have that huge question mark hanging over our heads.

At this point, I will definitely leave my vote on nin1000. I don't think it's wise to leave him alive anymore.

But since this day is probably our last, I'll hold off until the end of the day before dropping my vote. Let's talk our hearts out.

Everyone should make a list, put people's names under alignments you suspect of them and your reasoning behind them. We need to come up with a consensus. It can't be that hard to make a list with our numbers now.

You guys fucked up by voting fep out, and now looks like my statements on monkey being useful to town may have lead to a NK :/

The only way for town to win is for all of us to lynch a scum. I think everyone needs to keep this is mind. A mislynch on town leads to scum tyranny by majority. A neutral lynch leads to scum winning the next day through the NK.

My reads are pretty similar to yesterday, with my two most town reads now gone.

Town: sawn (but not by much), oreo
Scum: muffin, nin
Neutral: isaac

Good to see you're active, isaac! I hope we can all be active so no one guides the whole conversation now

I'd like to hear your explanation for a scum team consisting of me and Nin, Oreo.

Nin's activity, to me, has crossed a point of plausibility as a quirky town player. His activity the last day changed significantly, too, after his odd behavior was a point of critique.

You, muffin, are a bit more of a gut read than nin, hence my vote on him over you, but I don't buy you as a townie.

At this moment, though, I'm still inclined to pursue the nin lynch

Nin's activity, to me, has crossed a point of plausibility as a quirky town player. His activity the last day changed significantly, too, after his odd behavior was a point of critique.

You, muffin, are a bit more of a gut read than nin, hence my vote on him over you, but I don't buy you as a townie.

At this moment, though, I'm still inclined to pursue the nin lynch

That's not what I meant. We're five people. When giving scum reads, you should at least give a scum team you think would work.

You, Nin and Isaac all have been extremely independent players, no leading a lynch against each other or something like that. As we got fewer, you all probably had scum reads etc. against the others somewhere, but really nothing out of the ordinary. Grouping any two of you together makes sense to me.

What doesn't make sense is a scum team of me with Nin, and probably also not with you.

Why would I keep giving negative attention to Nin if he was my scum mate? It's not like I had a negative read on him on one day and that was it so it would look like maybe two scum players establishing a little doubt on a scum team between the two.

I lead way too much attention on Nin for something convenient as scum like that. The only day he was not in my focus at all was probably D2 where I went after you, oreo.

That's why I asked for an explanation of a scum team of me and Nin, because frankly, if I were a third party looking at the interactions between us I really couldn't see it. I don't get the logic behind it.

That's not what I meant. We're five people. When giving scum reads, you should at least give a scum team you think would work.

You, Nin and Isaac all have been extremely independent players, no leading a lynch against each other or something like that. As we got fewer, you all probably had scum reads etc. against the others somewhere, but really nothing out of the ordinary. Grouping any two of you together makes sense to me.

What doesn't make sense is a scum team of me with Nin, and probably also not with you.

Why would I keep giving negative attention to Nin if he was my scum mate? It's not like I had a negative read on him on one day and that was it so it would look like maybe two scum players establishing a little doubt on a scum team between the two.

I lead way too much attention on Nin for something convenient as scum like that. The only day he was not in my focus at all was probably D2 where I went after you, oreo.

That's why I asked for an explanation of a scum team of me and Nin, because frankly, if I were a third party looking at the interactions between us I really couldn't see it. I don't get the logic behind it.

I'm giving my scum reads, not crafting a narrative of the scum reads I have because I could be wrong on one of you.

And you bet I've been playing independently. But you're trying to tell me that I haven't tried to cause a lynch against Nin? That's not right at all, but would be a handy narrative from your point of view :/

I'll also quote this, since it got my attention.

I did explain my vote against Nin last day, didn't I?

I'm giving my scum reads, not crafting a narrative of the scum reads I have because I could be wrong on one of you.

And you bet I've been playing independently. But you're trying to tell me that I haven't tried to cause a lynch against Nin? That's not right at all, but would be a handy narrative from your point of view :/

So you don't care if your scum reads make sense.

As to your second point, your single vote on Nin was last day. That is quite different from me, and more in line with my hypothetical I spoke of.

Please make genuine answers before accusing others of building a narrative when you're doing it in the same sentence.

nin1000

Banned

Don't make me laugh.
Oh wait you already did.

nin1000

Banned
You guys fucked up by voting fep out, and now looks like my statements on monkey being useful to town may have lead to a NK :/

How exactly did WE fuck up, since Isaac and you pretty much parked their votes at me and just dissapeared.
Monkey even considered going another player.
Just no.

nin1000

Banned
It will propably come down to muffin.
Since Isaac aswell as oreo are pretty much set since the last day phase and won't change their minds.

Sad.

The Shaq gif will be used soon.

DAY 6 CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

No active vote for Day 6: isaacnukem, Muffin1611, nin1000, oreomunsta, Sawneeks

Day 6 Postcount: isaacnukem 6, Muffin1611 13, nin1000 4, oreomunsta 4, Sawneeks 7

Day 6 ends:
bla_1507057200.png

Automated vote tally here

3 votes for majority

Don't make me laugh.
Oh wait you already did.

Then please tell me what divine insight made you vote everything else besides fep.

Even worse, you were inviting a tie. You were the last person present able to prevent a tie by voting fep. Always easy to act high like this after a mislynch, but a tie is never the right way to go at the time you don't know the potential lynchs alignment.

So please tell me: How did you know FEPs alignment? If you didn't, you were acting extremely scummy.

I expect an oreo/muffin combo as mafia. That would be my guess.

I'll echo my question to oreo: How does this make sense?

Furthermore, nin, you were the second most voted person. It would have been in your interest to simply vote FEP, as to definitely not get lynched. Instead you aimed your vote wherever you feeled like, just not FEP.

Almost as if you were sure that you definitely wouldn't get majority and were entirely content with a tie.

Because of the above, a Nin lynch would be my recommendation.

Would also be nice if we talked more, it's a bit too quiet right now.

So you don't care if your scum reads make sense.

As to your second point, your single vote on Nin was last day. That is quite different from me, and more in line with my hypothetical I spoke of.

Please make genuine answers before accusing others of building a narrative when you're doing it in the same sentence.

I'm not building any new narrative, muffin. The whole game knows I've been suspicious of you since D2, and I made it also clear that nin's actions lead me to think he's scum. I'm not building a story of you guys being a dynamic scummy duo. You're each varying types of suspicious to me, independently of one another. You make a good point of the independence not jiving too well at this point in the game... Looking back, sawn has a post that's making me question my read on her. I'll post it right after these responses.

How exactly did WE fuck up, since Isaac and you pretty much parked their votes at me and just dissapeared.
Monkey even considered going another player.
Just no.

I'm talking about the people who voted fep out on a bs lynch started by Sawn saying "let's make this fun". You voted for everyone else under the sun right before the last day rang, so I don't think I was referring to you

I'll echo my question to oreo: How does this make sense?

It doesn't. Nin's reaching at straws right now

I'm talking about the people who voted fep out on a bs lynch started by Sawn saying "let's make this fun". You voted for everyone else under the sun right before the last day rang, so I don't think I was referring to you

Huh? Did you forget the entire last day? The lynch for FEP was in the air for the entire day! The whole day was dominated by the theory on monkey FEP started and the discussion around it!

Saying that's where the lynch started is missing the point entirely.

Hey sawn, that's a pretty friendly post at the end of the last day!

...It actually really isn't? Saw is pointing out to everybody that Nin is acting very suspicious?

Sawneeks

Banned

Welcome to LyLo! You can pick up your own bundle of stress at the door.

Everyone should make a list, put people's names under alignments you suspect of them and your reasoning behind them. We need to come up with a consensus. It can't be that hard to make a list with our numbers now.

Nin - ...Town....?
Isaac - Neutral/Scum? Maybe Town?
Muffin - Scum? Maybe Town?
Oreo - Neutral/Scum?

I want to go back and re-read but my initial gut feeling is some sort of Scum Team involving Oreo and maybe Muffin or Isaac.

Sawneeks, why do you think you're still alive?

Told this to Monkey yesterday as well but it's possible that I've been off-base for so long that keeping around an active and loud voice is better for Scum if they're on the quieter side. If you're asking me to hypothesize why Monkey > Me I'm not sure I can answer that as Scum probably have multiple reasons to kill her over me. If I had to take a guess though, I'd say it's the fact she was Green Checked and I wasn't. :x

I'll also quote this, since it got my attention.

I was also going to bring up that quote myself, honestly.

Although I'm shocked you were the one to bring it to light...

I expect an oreo/muffin combo as mafia. That would be my guess.

Why?

I'm not building any new narrative, muffin. The whole game knows I've been suspicious of you since D2, and I made it also clear that nin's actions lead me to think he's scum. I'm not building a story of you guys being a dynamic scummy duo. You're each varying types of suspicious to me, independently of one another. You make a good point of the independence not jiving too well at this point in the game... Looking back, sawn has a post that's making me question my read on her. I'll post it right after these responses.

Muffin has a point, though. At this point there are connections between all of us now: even a lack of connection is something to look at. Scum reading people without looking at the connections to one another doesn't show me you're trying to scum hunt but that you're willing to throw out shade because you had to.

It doesn't. Nin's reaching at straws right now

I also find this rather ironic considering Muffin keeps calling you out for not having a connected read and yet you'll easy shade Nin for 'reaching at straws' when Monkey pointed out the same thing yesterday.

Hey sawn, that's a pretty friendly post at the end of the last day!

Please explain how me pointing out what Nin is doing is Scummy as something 'friendly'. :x

Sawneeks

Banned
also thought I quoted this but I guess not. D:

Furthermore, nin, you were the second most voted person. It would have been in your interest to simply vote FEP, as to definitely not get lynched. Instead you aimed your vote wherever you feeled like, just not FEP.

Almost as if you were sure that you definitely wouldn't get majority and were entirely content with a tie.

See, that's not how I read that instance at all. If Nin isn't Town then he would know that FEP was Town but it would've been way easier for him to play along and just bus FEP without attracting that much attention. He could lynch him and come in being like 'well damn guys, we fucked that up huh?' instead of doing...whatever he was doing.

That's why I brought up the FEP connection at the start when I thought we lynched another Anti-Town. If they were on a team together then Nin's jumping around makes sense - he was trying to save FEP - but since FEP was Town his actions don't make sense as somebody who isn't aligned with FEP.

I am willing to hear a case against Nin currently but his actions the last Day Phase don't align with someone trying to 'blend in' and win.

Sawneeks

Banned
I'm also eagerly awaiting some of you to jump one me for 'defending Nin', but I do want an explanation for his moves the last Day Phase considering what we now know. He was on the chopping block and FEP was Town, if Nin wasn't Town why would he risk being lynched like that instead of just lynching an innocent FEP? It doesn't make any sense.

Sawneeks

Banned
Have Oreo and Isaac ever interacted much with each other? I'll go look but if anyone has anything that would be helpful. :x

Sawneeks

Banned
It will propably come down to muffin.
Since Isaac aswell as oreo are pretty much set since the last day phase and won't change their minds.

Sad.

The Shaq gif will be used soon.

Nin, why didn't you vote for FEP yesterday?

Similarly, why did you keep jumping around so much in the votes right at the end?

also thought I quoted this but I guess not. D:

See, that's not how I read that instance at all. If Nin isn't Town then he would know that FEP was Town but it would've been way easier for him to play along and just bus FEP without attracting that much attention. He could lynch him and come in being like 'well damn guys, we fucked that up huh?' instead of doing...whatever he was doing.

That's why I brought up the FEP connection at the start when I thought we lynched another Anti-Town. If they were on a team together then Nin's jumping around makes sense - he was trying to save FEP - but since FEP was Town his actions don't make sense as somebody who isn't aligned with FEP.

I am willing to hear a case against Nin currently but his actions the last Day Phase don't align with someone trying to 'blend in' and win.

Well, you might have a point that this wouldn't be very beneficial for him as scum. Looking at it from that angle might not be the best, okay, I see that.

The tie on the other hand would have been very beneficial, and while it surprisingly didn't happen, Nin was in the easiest position to prevent it. He didn't. We two and monkey were firmly on a FEP lynch, oreo and isaac were not present (convenient btw!) and Nin voted anything. Instead of taking it into his hands to stop it.

Sawneeks

Banned
Well, you might have a point that this wouldn't be very beneficial for him as scum. Looking at it from that angle might not be the best, okay, I see that.

The tie on the other hand would have been very beneficial, and while it surprisingly didn't happen, Nin was in the easiest position to prevent it. He didn't. We two and monkey were firmly on a FEP lynch, oreo and isaac were not present (convenient btw!) and Nin voted anything. Instead of taking it into his hands to stop it.

My only guess as to why he would have hesitated to lynch FEP if he wasn't Town if he was the Neutral and burrowed FEP, hoping the tie would happen and he'd be able to kill him regardless.

But that still doesn't explain why he would put himself that close to dying. All it would have taken was one of us getting cold feet on FEP and back off and he would have died, that seems really close if he was the Neutral and had to look out for himself.

My only guess as to why he would have hesitated to lynch FEP if he wasn't Town if he was the Neutral and burrowed FEP, hoping the tie would happen and he'd be able to kill him regardless.

But that still doesn't explain why he would put himself that close to dying. All it would have taken was one of us getting cold feet on FEP and back off and he would have died, that seems really close if he was the Neutral and had to look out for himself.

But why would town do that? That sounds even more unlikely. In terms of a neutral, he could have just taken the risk after seeing how long we discussed with FEP and thought we wouldn't back off from it.

What is Town Nins reason for not breaking a tie that is more likely than the above?

I'm very confused that in your read list Nin is the only sole Town listed.

Sawneeks

Banned
But why would town do that? That sounds even more unlikely. In terms of a neutral, he could have just taken the risk after seeing how long we discussed with FEP and thought we wouldn't back off from it.

What is Town Nins reason for not breaking a tie that is more likely than the above?

I'm very confused that in your read list Nin is the only sole Town listed.

I have Nin as my sole Town listed because I think he's the only one that fits that by process of elimination. His actions don't line up with someone who had every reason to mislynch a Townie but didn't ( Scum ) or put himself that close to being lynched and losing ( Neutral ). I think just by elimination he's Town since I don't know how the other two alignments would fit him in that instance.

I...do see your point on the possibility of a Neutral Nin though. It's not something I would have done had I been in Nin's spot and was Neutral, but I understand your argument for it and it wasn't something I really considered. It just seems like it would be cutting it really close to the wire in that case, something I don't see a Neutral risking unless they were just really confident.

If I had to list another Townie who wasn't Nin it would be you.

I would say the three of you lot(muffin, nin, and oreo) are more independent than me. This game has lot of awfully neutral voices that it's hard to fathom who is who. But how about partnering each of us with Sawneeks? Have you considered the thought? Lone towniest with four independents? What are the odds? If she's not dead tomorrow then I'll bet she's probably scum.

Who would you want to lynch today, Saw?

I still have to think about it, but if I come to the conclusion that Nin as neutral makes the most sense, I'll have to vote somebody else, probably oreo. What about you?

So please tell me: How did you know FEPs alignment? If you didn't, you were acting extremely scummy.
How could he know? He could be scum and he doesn't realize FEP is neutral or he could be neutral and he doesn't realize FEP is scum. No one knows what anyone's alignment is in this game. You can only know if someone is not scum or not a neutral, but you can never be sure that someone is town.

If I recall correctly, the way things are resolved in this site, it would be a coin flip instead of a no-lynch. Can the mod please confirm this? Because if so, then this would make your idea wrong.

How could he know? He could be scum and he doesn't realize FEP is neutral or he could be neutral and he doesn't realize FEP is scum. No one knows what anyone's alignment is in this game. You can only know if someone is not scum or not a neutral, but you can never be sure that someone is town.

My point was that he obviously couldn't and thus was acting anti-town.

I would say the three of you lot(muffin, nin, and oreo) are more independent than me. This game has lot of awfully neutral voices that it's hard to fathom who is who. But how about partnering each of us with Sawneeks? Have you considered the thought? Lone towniest with four independents? What are the odds? If she's not dead tomorrow then I'll bet she's probably scum.

Looking back at voting patterns, Saws most likely scum partner would be Nin imo. Both on the Burbeting lynch, Saw started going for me after D1 where I supported the lynch of Nin which almost happened, and continued with that on D4 while Nin voted Sawneeks pretty surprisingly (maybe just for the record? It hadn't any chance to happen anyway).

Top Bottom