• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dave the Diver |OT| Life is better, down where's it wetter

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Na6ucRT.jpg
Release date: Oct 22, 2022 (Early Access); First Half 2023 (Full Release)
Platforms: Steam, Consoles TBD
Developer: Mintrocket
Price: $19.99 USD
Languages: English, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese

YfyU4HF.png

CNT8lkn.jpg

An adventure, RPG, management hybrid​

Explore and unravel the mysteries in the depths of the Blue Hole by day and run a successful exotic sushi restaurant by night.It’s easy to get hooked on the satisfying gameplay loop!

DAVE THE DIVER’ gameplay is largely divided into two types, ‘Blue Hole exploration’ and ‘Sushi restaurant operation.’

During the daytime, players can explore the Blue Hole twice, and each night after sunset players raise money by using ingredients from fish captured during the day, to operate the sushi restaurant. Players can use the funds raised at the sushi restaurant to upgrade equipment, then explore even deeper areas. Fish and ingredients caught in deeper areas can be sold at the sushi restaurant at an even higher price.

In this multi-genre game, ‘DAVE THE DIVER’ provides a sense of full and varied gameplay, and the items players have acquired disappear when players die during exploration, so it also provides a similar type of enjoyment to what rogue-like games provide

4._Diving.gif
2._Boss.gif

Casual combat and gathering gameplay with rogue-like elements​

Dive into the ever-changing Blue Hole and use a harpoon and other weapons to catch fish and various creatures. Upgrade and forge equipment with collected resources and sushi restaurant profits to prepare for the dangers that lurk in the unknown.
Running out of oxygen means leaving collected items and fish behind!

O3AdeAn.gif

Eccentric characters with a lighthearted narrative​

Quirky but lovable characters and a story full of in-jokes, spoofs, and other humorous scenes provide an approachable and enjoyable gameplay experience.

Former arms dealer Cobra, discovers that every time he enters the Blue Hole the ecology and terrain change. He sees a money making opportunity.

Cobra convinces the ever-optimistic Dave (the playable protagonist) and Bancho, a sushi chef who specializes in cooking rare sea creatures, to open a sushi restaurant near this Blue Hole. While investigating the interior of the Blue Hole at the request of archeologist Bacon, Dave discovers that the descendants of ancient Sea People, who still live in the deep sea, are under threat.

Realizing that this will be catastrophic to not only the hidden village of the Sea People, but also to the Earth itself, Dave dives deeper to search for a solution to the problem.
W6sit7o.png

0mno0e9.png
ilSQJXg.png
OE6U5cu.png
T0cRW1D.png
pV4aeDC.png
XEzBAHy.png

U9TCz2D.gif

A beautiful sea environment with attractive 2D/3D Art​

A combination of pixel and 3D graphics provides a stunning art style that showcases breathtaking underwater scenery. This oceanic adventure is set in the real marine environment of a Blue Hole filled with over 200 kinds of sea creatures.

WD2Qboz.gif

Ample additional content to complement the main gameplay loop​

Minigames, side quests, and multiple storylines provide many hours of entertainment and varied gameplay.

1._Lobby-Sushi.gif
5._Mission.gif

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS​

MINIMUM:
Processor: Intel Core i3 Dual Core​
Memory: 8 GB RAM​
Graphics: NVIDIA Geforce GTS 450 / AMD Radeon HD 3850​
DirectX: Version 9.0​
Storage: 4 GB available space​
Sound Card: Windows Compatible Audio Device​
RECOMMENDED:
Processor: Intel Core i5~i7 Quad Core​
Memory: 8 GB RAM​
Graphics: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 750Ti / AMD Radeon R9 270x​
DirectX: Version 11​
Storage: 4 GB available space​
Sound Card: Windows Compatible Audio Device​

mfDhwl6.png

kvkHjkC.jpg

YAyYZgp.png
DwtqqWB.png
kXpXTna.png

qWttbOg.png
bgpC86S.png
RJJruYi.png

mfqI5z3.png
3ObRIwP.png
cSY6JlX.png

feNdaQj.png

2yCK93m.jpg

ACEq8RJ.png

BpQlIvF.jpg

IPyQeYb.png

3._VIP_guest.gif

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
This looks awesome, I'll definitely keep this on my radar!

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Well I sat down right after making the OT and started playing. 4 hours later... This game is quite good and very addictive for me. The gameplay loop is solid. The alternating between ocean exploration/combat and then restaurant management / dinner dash is done so well. There is no shortage of things to do for sure. Overall, the game feels very polished, albeit I am surprised the frame rate in the ocean section hovers between 30-50 fps. Everything else int he game is top notch.

I met the upgrade guy and I love the videos that go along with him. Here is my favorite one.

Last edited:

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Got to the hard cap on the main quest line in about 14 hours. Still tons of side stuff to do. There’s been a very surprising amount of depth that continues to layer on. I’m hooked on the gameplay loop. This one is a serious 10/10 contender. Only issues thus far are sub 20fps in the undersea village on Deck. General scuba mentioned in my last post remains.

Here are some screenshots from my Deck session:

And my best day of business so far:
QwbQRuh.jpg

Top Bottom