• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Daylight Savings is stupid and I hate it.

Daylight Savings Sucks. Do you agree?

• Yes.

Votes: 22 38.6%
  • Affirmative.

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • Absolutely.

Votes: 3 5.3%
  • Indubitably.

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Big 10-4 there bud.

Votes: 6 10.5%
  • Agreed.

• Hell to-the-fuck-yeah brother.

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • It is known.

• Does a bear shit in the woods?

Votes: 3 5.3%
  • You Betcha.

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • You're god damn right.

Votes: 6 10.5%

• Total voters

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
Thread title.

HeavyEarlyFunnelweaverspider-max-1mb.gif

tumblr_m3uj4tu8dR1qi36o9o1_500.gif

52IY.gif

Rockondevil

Never had it in my state in my lifetime thankfully.
Just wake up earlier you lazy bastards.

I can’t bear the thought of trying to put my kid to bed while the sun is up.

nush

Moving from the UK to China and there being no daylight savings here to me is proof that it's actually bullshit.

the only time clocks changing bothers me is when i'm at work and the clocks aren't updated. someone is supposed to go around and change them but it never happens. in the entire building there is only 1 clock that gets updated and guess what? it's the one in the main reception where someone sits right beside it at all times.

otherwise i don't notice it. all my devices update and it doesn't affect my sleep pattern.

so i guess i don't care if it stays or goes. hasn't bothered me in all my years being alive and if it stops then i won't miss it.

Doom85

Like in 2004 or 2005, forget which, it gave me a 25 hour Halloween. Which is the most awesome thing ever as Halloween is objectively the best holiday (and holiday month) as, at least in the US, the month can be enjoyed and (unlike Christmas) stores don’t become war zones and radio stations aren’t hijacked to start playing the same thirty songs for one (or god, sometimes two) months.

Knowing a 25 hour Halloween will someday happen again justifies DST’s existence and anyone who says otherwise:

Hocus Pocus Halloween GIF

Kev Kev

I honestly don't care. It's 1 hour and it's not a big deal at all.

That being said, it's dumb and useless so I don't know why we are still doing it.

Ownage

The government controls your time.

Bow down before the one you serve. You're going to get what you deserve.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
As someone who just woke up at what feels like 5am, I agree.

Mikey Jr.

Just got back from a 2 week vacation from Thailand and I'm super jet lagged.

1 hour time change is just another fucking cherry on top.

BearNecessity

Neo Member
Im ok with it since most governments want to move to permanent summer time which I hate. You'd think 'standard time' should be the default considering... its the standard.

Elder Legend

Yoir Aee Member
But how would farmers know when to rake cow dung?
Woah. What's this? Are you also now admitting to raking in cow dung? So not only you are into fondling mice balls, you are now all about that cow shit too...? Dude..."mind blown"

So do you like live in a middle of nowhere in some sort of a secluded farm to do your evil deeds?

Last edited:

kanjobazooie

Mouse Ball Fetishist
Woah. What's this? Are you also now admitting to raking in cow dung? So not only you are into fondling mice balls, you are now all about that cow shit too...? Dude..."mind blown"

So do you like live in a middle of nowhere in some sort of a secluded farm to do your evil deeds?
Cow dung (aka manure) is used as fertilizer, thank you very much.

You take pride in your shits yet know nothing about their chemistry.

K2D

2lpvbKT.jpg

Thanks for taking one for the team so us northerners can enjoy a few minutes of sun every "day" on the way to work..!

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
I like daylight savings. If we stick with daylight savings year-round, then the sun won't set at 4:30 in the winter. It'll set at 5:30! :lollipop_smiling_face_eyes:

Happosai

Thread title.

HeavyEarlyFunnelweaverspider-max-1mb.gif

tumblr_m3uj4tu8dR1qi36o9o1_500.gif

52IY.gif
Mexico fixed this last Fall. They did their own recent audit to see if it actually helped save energy. Given the U.S. pushed this in the early 70's with now scientific results...it serves no purpose. Thus, Mexico no longer observes effective 2023.

The part that sucks for me is I manage two orgs of my California company and have international employees under me in that org. Ergo, I do get up an hour earlier and out an hour earlier too...until November.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Mexico fixed this last Fall. They did their own recent audit to see if it actually helped save energy. Given the U.S. pushed this in the early 70's with now scientific results...it serves no purpose. Thus, Mexico no longer observes effective 2023.

The part that sucks for me is I manage two orgs of my California company and have international employees under me in that org. Ergo, I do get up an hour earlier and out an hour earlier too...until November.
In fact, it affected the health of the citizens of Mexico, they also removed this schedule.

Happosai

In fact, it affected the health of the citizens of Mexico, they also removed this schedule.
The only oversight was the fact that there are many like myself living in Mexico for international trade for U.S. corporations. So, we still live on U.S. time change 5-days a week until still change in November.

Positives though...I'm a morning person. Getting out early is something my employees are pretty happy about too.

Bragr

One thing I always liked about Scandinavia is the dramatic day lengths we get.

During winter, the sun rises around 9 and sets around 3 or 4.
During summer, it rises at around 3 or 4 and sets around 11.

I always remember running around as a kid, playing in the sunshine at 10-11 pm, I wished I lived a bit further north, where they got sunshine 24 hours during the summertime.

Never a fan of Spring when you lose an hour of your weekend, and have to effectively wake up an hour earlier that Monday for work.

But in the Fall when we gain an hour, I love the feeling of both "sleeping in" and still waking up on time. Wish we could gain an hour every weekend 😄

Makes no difference to me.

I just think all of us who live in countries that do it is a waste of time (no pun intended). Adjusting the time +/- 1 hour is pointless for 99% of us.

I think the original intent was so farmers and people could do their everyday stuff in more daylight. Does it really make a difference?

If it's that important, then people who live in countries extremely far north or south parts of the globe should do daylight savings +/- 6 hours because they get sun at weird times of the day.

Susurrus

Makes no difference to me.

I just think all of us who live in countries that do it is a waste of time (no pun intended). Adjusting the time +/- 1 hour is pointless for 99% of us.

I think the original intent was so farmers and people could do their everyday stuff in more daylight. Does it really make a difference?

If it's that important, then people who live in countries extremely far north or south parts of the globe should do daylight savings +/- 6 hours because they get sun at weird times of the day.

Farmers actually hate it.

Top Bottom