• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry 5 |OT| Gimme Dat Vergil

Shifty

Deluxe edition is just a bunch of junk, right?
Depends on what you consider junk. Some unique devil breakers, some rebalanced redux versions of existing weapons, alternate music, title screen calls and style rank announcers.

Oh and some goofy pre-vis cutscenes of Capcom staff enacting all of the stylish action in their offices that you can sub in during the campaign:

Last edited:

Shai-Tan

Banned
I'd like to have those but the pricing seems a bit much. May buy individual dlc instead later when it's on sale.

Shifty

Preload complete! Now to sit here and rock back and forth for the next 23 hours and 56 minutes until the game releases in my region.

190647f6c4bb95bc5d3c574f73670fedecc09403_hq.gif

Last edited:
Preload complete! Now to sit here and rock back and forth for the next 23 hours and 56 minutes until the game releases in my region.

190647f6c4bb95bc5d3c574f73670fedecc09403_hq.gif
At least you'll get to play it, the game is releasing on Friday, which compared to everyone else, is when my work week actually starts lol

DubReno

Just now i recieved through my email the Steam Key for Devil May Cry 5 I bought from GreenManGaming.
See if you also get your keys as well.

Got mine, now the pre-load is just sitting on my computer while I stare at the clock thinking GO FASTER DAMMIT GO FASTERRRR

CatCouch

I saw a gif on Twitter of Lady naked and it made my day. Literally made my day.

I haven't been this excited for a game since, well, RE2. Capcom is back!

IKSTUGA

Soon... Gonna grab some snacks and beer tomorrow after work and play this till my fingers bleed. It's starting to feel like one of the hypest gaming years already, thanks capgod!

Last edited:

Claus Grimhildyr

Vincit qui se vincit
Hype! Going to try to knock out as much of DMD DMC3 today as I can. Sadly I wasn't able to reach my goal of Plat for DMC3 and all S ranks up to DMD for DMC4 - but I will return once I finish DMC5. GIMME DAT FAUST!

Shifty

I won't lie, I don't like this difficulty. I don't mind dying in a few hits, but enemies feel more like damage sponges than anything. Even using infinite devil trigger doesn't make it any faster.
Yeah, I feel you there. It's the difficulty design school of "be consistently perfect or die of attrition" that gets kind of ridiculous the further in you progress. The chessboard and everything beyond it is fucking ridiculous.

I did like the way it forced you to figure out boss encounters though, to a degree. I'd never have found out that you can stun nevan with DT'd cerberus revolver spam during her vulnerable phase if the game hadn't forced me to experiment.

Last edited:

Claus Grimhildyr

Vincit qui se vincit
Yeah, I feel you there. It's the difficulty design school of "be consistently perfect or die of attrition" that gets kind of ridiculous the further in you progress. The chessboard and everything beyond it is fucking ridiculous.

I did like the way it forced you to figure out boss encounters though, to a degree. I'd never have found out that you can stun nevan with DT'd cerberus revolver spam during her vulnerable phase if the game hadn't forced me to experiment.

The Chess fight is what I dread most. Honestly almost every boss up to the final fight of vergil is doable/easy if you know the strat. It is the general enemies that give me the most grief.

Shifty

The Chess fight is what I dread most. Honestly almost every boss up to the final fight of vergil is doable/easy if you know the strat. It is the general enemies that give me the most grief.
The general enemies definitely encourage cheaper and less stylish play on DMD. I found myself more worrying about damage damage damage than looking cool.

The chessboard ended up being royalguard + jump canceled beowulf divekicks for me, farming up perfect releases on the queen to try and smash the king ASAP and end it.

And I can generally cheese arkham and keep the eel things at bay, but DMD makes them even worse. The battle of brothers section stealing your DT gauge and circle button with no checkpoint... Pain. :messenger_neutral:

And Vergil 3 is straight up insane this time around. When he starts doing the "judgement cut everywhere" thing his DT health regen easily outstrips the amount of damage you're reasonably able to deal in between sessions of helm breaker helm breaker helm breaker helm breaker helm breaker helm breaker helm breaker helm breaker helm breaker helm breaker helm breaker helm breaker helm breaker

Shifty

The third and (presumably) final character combat clip from the official DMC channel is out:

V, the Summoner of All Fears :messenger_open_mouth:

lifa-cobex

It's been a bit spotty this evening, but it's back up again here in the UK.

Just needs to stay online long enough to send out the preload decrpyion keys... Then all will be well...

Amazing+pictures+animals+photos+Nature+exotic+incredible+funny+soon+humor+meme.gif

I'm in britbong land too and getting nothing :(
Edit:
wait....WAIT.....
She's alive!
Gad save the Lord Gaben

Last edited:

Shifty

I'm in britbong land too and getting nothing :(
Have you tried manually restarting the client? I can see a few of us englanders online at the mo in my friends list.

If that doesn't do it then it's probably some CDN nonsense :messenger_confused:

Last edited:

Shifty

c7b3a389c49f4614a5f7cb3bd1f62cc6.png

IT

HAS

BE
GUN

(Relaunch your Steam client if it still says preload and you're in a region where it's out.)

tumblr_pfhsh1JOKv1xwf87qo1_500.gif

Last edited:

DubReno

I still got 5 hours wait, fuggin jealous Shifty.

JEALOUS AHHHHDFDG:LKXCVBJLK:DSHF, already watched first two missions on youtube so I'm trying so damn hard to stay away from youtube.

Shifty

I still got 5 hours wait, fuggin jealous Shifty.

JEALOUS AHHHHDFDG:LKXCVBJLK:DSHF, already watched first two missions on youtube so I'm trying so damn hard to stay away from youtube.
Stay strong. I stumbled onto tumblr looking for funny gifs to post and might have run across some spoilsies. Or odd pranks, can't tell.

Also, Steam decryption :messenger_neutral: "weeks" says the progress bar. "I don't believe you" says me!

Belmonte

If someone is weird like me, and don't want the 100000 red orbs which comes with the pre-order you can opt to not install on Steam.

Not all night just till the files are unlocked AND the game is unlocked in your region. You can play now AND Unlock using London VPN.

You turn off VPN and use your region IP it will lock you out even if files are unlocked.

Last edited:
Top Bottom