• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo II 1.10 players question.

Any of you have better experiences actually looking for particular items in the game world.

Im looking for two pieces of a set of four. Tried to find them via gambling but no luck. Random drops are sucking cause in ACT III my level 28 sorc still cant kill that a-hole. Tips for level 3 endboss in 1.10?

Im a mostly ice some lightning sorc wielding the serpent lord 100% mana leech staff. Rul3z.

Malakhov

Banned
Hey MAF do you play on u.s east? I usually end up playing alone because there's only morons on bnet.

I've got a nice concentrate barbarian, I can tank pretty much everything with my insane defence but I don't have the offence to back it up now, need to find a good 1 handed axe.

Hooker

I always used to go on high level magic runs. And trading!!

Newbs always want to trade items for perfect gems (so don't throw them away!!)

Ramirez

Clear out all of the monsters in Mephisto's lair,then lure him down and run back down towards the entrance,like on the areas beside the portals that are divided by lava...if you can get him to chase you,you can still see him,but he won't attack you,then you can just kill him easily...thats how I always magic find on him anyways :p

MrAngryFace said:
Any of you have better experiences actually looking for particular items in the game world.

Im looking for two pieces of a set of four. Tried to find them via gambling but no luck. Random drops are sucking cause in ACT III my level 28 sorc still cant kill that a-hole. Tips for level 3 endboss in 1.10?

Im a mostly ice some lightning sorc wielding the serpent lord 100% mana leech staff. Rul3z.
Mmkay. First - Don't hang your hopes on finding any one particular item. Most of the time, the monster in the game that's most likely to drop it is at about a 1:35,000 chance. So try to trade for it. Don't gamble for set items, either; the chances are STUPID low. It won't happen; trust me.

As for Mephisto, your best bet is to stay away from him and keep moving laterally in relation to him, which will cause most of his attacks (the only two long-range ones are the cold ball and lightning) to miss you. You're no way in hell gonna be able to stand up there and tank him as a sorceress. He'll likely kill you in 2-3 hits, if that. Assuming you have Blizzard (lvl 24 cold spell; you should really have it - it's the best cold damage spell in the game), you shouldn't have too much trouble dancing around him while your Blizzard does the work.

Also, try to have decent cold/lightning resists. If you're out of his melee range, those are the only two types of damage he'll do to you.

Hope this helps.

Ramirez said:
Clear out all of the monsters in Mephisto's lair,then lure him down and run back down towards the entrance,like on the areas beside the portals that are divided by lava...if you can get him to chase you,you can still see him,but he won't attack you,then you can just kill him easily...thats how I always magic find on him anyways :p
MF'ing Meph works a lot better with a Meteor sorc or big Barbarian w/ the IK maul and Laying of Hands. Drops him in Hell with ~10 hits. Ouch.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Hey MAF, I think I was the one that give you a LoD cd key last year...starts with "2P4H-..." ? I dont know if you remember but if you do, are you still using it? Playing on B.net? I'm only asking cause I have a friend who needs a LoD cd key and I want to give it to him so he can play on B.net with me

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I have a crappy Barb at around level 31 on USwest. What skill points should I really go after? My barb is so damn weak, I don't do much damage at all. I beat normal mode yesterday, with a help of a friend (sorc.) all the way through though

I just got LoD last week too and thinking about trying out the new classes

Wario: I dont play, or plan to play on bnet, ill e-mail you my lod cd key tomorrow if you send me an e-mail @ mrangryphase@netzero.net

THanks for the info guys, killing meph is hard cause my most potent spell is blizzard.

The set im trying to build is the Angelic set, have the halo and armor, and just those two = badass.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Ah ok, I actually have the cd key (which I found after I bought LoD last week, haha oh well) but I didn't know if you were using it for Battle.net. Just wanted to make sure before I give it to my friend

Does anyone else have problems getting Diablo 2 to run in D3D mode on a 9800 ? Every time it gives me a black screen once it loads up . It will run fine in 2D mode . I looked all over for issues on this but can't fine a thing about it .

Thanks for any help !

I'm using 4.4 Cat's BTW .

I play LOD very often, I have 6 characters all between lvl 60-86. just do some baal runs, get a friend to rush you so you can lvl then go on pindle or meph runs for items. I can rush anyone for free on USwest, just tell me the time to be there. I also have some good low lvl items I'll give away.

Wario: What kind of barb is he? To be able to make it through hell difficulty, one really needs to just concentrate on one major skill and its synergies. You might consider starting another character. In my opinion, an IK barb is the best or a werewolf, but those are hard to come by.

Go to diabloii.net, their website is always down but it has tons of usefull information. Also this site might be helpfull in planning out your skills: http://www.d2items.com/skills.php?class=dru

Top Bottom