• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Did today’s State of Play convince you that you need VR?

VR where do you sit?

• I own it and it’s awesome

Votes: 52 26.1%
  • I own it and it collects dust

Votes: 21 10.6%
  • I’m not interested in it

Votes: 27 13.6%
  • I want it, but the technology isn’t there.

Votes: 33 16.6%
  • Not interested.

Votes: 61 30.7%
  • this presentation told me I needed it, but don’t own one yet

Votes: 5 2.5%

• Total voters

Tumle

This didn’t purswade me to buy into VR, since I’m already knee deep :p

But it was great to see that Sony is fully supporting it, and knows it’s a long game and not a gimmicky cash grab :)

dottme

How a bunch of mini games will change anyone point of view?
Am I missing something? There wasn’t anything new/original shown for PS VR.

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
Where is the Yes option without any conditions?
The I own it and it’s awesome?

Edit I’ll see if a mod can add one in.
Just for you.

There I asked them if there was one for an I don’t own it yet but this presentation convinced me to get one.

That’s the best you get.

Last edited:

Psykodad

Banned
It's games like NMS VR that made me buy PSVR at launch, because I see it as long-term investment (similar to the Move-controllers).

Not sure if I would recommend it to just anyone, but enthusiasts should definitely get one.

Kagey K

Banned
It's games like NMS VR that made me buy PSVR at launch, because I see it as long-term investment (similar to the Move-controllers).

Not sure if I would recommend it to just anyone, but enthusiasts should definitely get one.
So you bought it for a game that wasn’t out yet, but you hoped would add features for an item that wasn’t market proven yet?

You won this time..... but how many losses did you take to get that win?

Last edited:
VR is great and anyone who thinks they understand it and have not tried it are lying to themselves.

It's a amazing complementary gaming experience, and as long as they keep pushing it and giving us larger games (we've had enough of your "experiences" aka tech demos) then its going to be a glorious future.

My VR headset doesn't get used much these days. Don't get me wrong. There are several titles I enjoy. I just have a bad habit of snagging the damn cable on my rift a lot, so it acts as a bit of an impedance to the fun factor. Things like beatsaber acting as a part of an exercise program and being fun at the same time isn't too shabby.

I want the wireless Vive setup, but I can't afford it at the moment.

Psykodad

Banned
So you bought it for a game that wasn’t out yet, but you hoped would add features for an item that wasn’t market proven yet?

You won this time..... but how many losses did you take to get that win?
You misinterpreted my post.

I bought PSVR because I knew proper games/support would come down the line, I just wanted it day 1 so I already have it.

NMS VR will just be one of the very few "proper" VR games.
(Skyrim VR was the first imo).

It could've easily been any other bigger game.

Edit:

For clarification, it wasn't a matter of hope, but certainty that VR isn't just a fad.

Last edited:

Wonko_C

I own it and it's awesome. I've spent more than 60 hours on Tetris Effect alone, it's the perfect sit down and relax experience.

JimiNutz

Banned
I was PSVR but I also want a Pro to run it with and combined it's a pretty expensive proposition (especially once you factor in move controllers as well).

I want it but am waiting for a Pro price drop first. Since there no poll option for me I went with I own it and it's awesome because I will own it one day and it will be awesome.

Last edited:

Neolombax

I dont have a PSVR. I'm interested but its too expensive. None of the games shown were interesting enough to push me towards a purchase. I guess I'm still looking for that AAA VR game.

klosos

Well i said no, but i have a blue light issue with my eyes ,which can cause headaches , so i I am very reluctant to use VR. i mean i would love to try it tho Because some people swear by it.

I mean could you imagine Cyberpunk 2077 in VR that could be amazing and i might need to get a VR set for that.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 740922

Unconfirmed Member
Zero interest. Motion sickness would cause me problems - I'll never buy it.

RPS37

I owned the non-latest model and sold it with plans to get the latest model but I never got around to buying a new one.

Skyr

I was one of the people who were most excited for the new gen of VR. Got a vive at launch and sold it a month later.
I continue to love the concept but we are still not quite there yet.

IMO In order to succeed it needs to get better in every area.

- higher resolution
- bigger FOV
- big reduction in size and weight.
- wireless
- roomscale solution without having to mount multiple sensors
- foveated rendering to reduce workload and make a wireless solution viable.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
don't need it. that's a bit too far. i mean there are probably only 1 or 2 games i'd be interested in. No Man's Sky + Doom and those are games I've played....

if i were to get a VR headset it'd probably be for PC and not PS VR. the tech is much better on PC through Vive/Rift. PS VR is simply not good enough with such low resolution screens and being powered by a console.

I already noticed that somehow I built quite nice library of PSVR compatible titles on PS4 so I'm interested in buying one but that's not connected to yesterday presentation.

I would love to have VR, but I'd prefer to get a PC VR. And those are expensive.

I guess what I'm saying is I'm not interested in PS VR.

Mr Hyde

No, it just made me think "why does Sony spend so much money and resources on this shit?" Lamest 30 minute direct I´ve ever seen, complete waste of time. They showed nothing of interest. That´s quite a feat.

rbanke

It prompted the thought 'Oh yeah, i totally forgot about VR'. I'm in the 'looks neat but too many minor issues that add up for me to care enough' camp. I'm sure someday something will sway me but nothing so far has done it.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
I will only buy VR when it is untethered, low latency, and 4K 60 per eye, and minimum 200 fov. So basically, I'll be waiting awhile.

Last edited:
I will only buy VR when it is untethered, low latency, and 4K 60 per eye, and minimum 200 fov. So basically, I'll be waiting awhile.

This is sadly the only way I'll be able to play VR without getting horrible headaches/motion sickness and throwing up everywhere.

I've had VR headset since the DK2 in 2014which was ~100°, 1080p and had external tracking.

2019, the PSVR still has 100°, an external tracker and is barely above in resolution...

PC headsets are not that better save for the Pimax. VR has been stalling so much, it might as well be going nowhere and in 1/2 years if the chinese market starts to have the same VR fatigue as the western market...VR is dead for this cycle until in comes back in another decade.

Top Bottom